Black Friday Fun - What Did You Buy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fallacy wrote:I have Komplete, Omnisphere 2, T-racks Max, LuSH-101, Zebra, Largo, Halion Sonic 2, Air instruments 3, Ableton Live Suite and Logic Pro X, an SH-201, a Wavestation, a Monologue, an 808 clone, parts of a 303 clone that I am working on (and way more)

I bought nothing because I have more than I deserve considering the amount of music I’ve actually made.

All the gear and no idea basically.

I feel the same often, and wonder why I even spend this much money on this stuff.
:borg:

nada... i actually use what i already have
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Boz Digital Labs: Manic Compressor, T-Bone, Imperial Delay
Kuassa: EVE-AT1/AT4 EQ Bundle

That's enough for this year.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

mrj1nx wrote:I'm still trying to understand why kontakt is so essential to some people, I feel like I need it but I don't know why. Feels like I'm in the dark...

I keep hearing about great free libs but when I Google or YouTube all I find is guitars flutes and pianos... I feel like there's a hidden world somewhere that I fail to see
It depends on what kind of music you make. If you're fully synth-based then you can live without it. I mean, you can live without anything; people were making good music with jack shit, and now I'm buying a sample library of that jack shit since I can't be arsed to make it myself. But it's authentic-sounding and flexible and takes up zero physical space. Some things just can't be easily synthesized (yet).

But what's wrong with free pianos? Ivy's 162 is a technical marvel! Anyway, I find most free Kontakt libraries by window-shopping for Kontakt libraries. A lot of these developers have interesting/experimental stuff that isn't fully fleshed out with articulations and mic positions so they give them away. Or they're teasers/tasters for a bigger product. Or simply giving it out of the goodness of their hearts.

Impact Soundworks has Super Audio Boy, based on Nintendo Gameboy waveforms, an introduction to Super Audio Cart. But then again, you could buy Plogue Chiptunes to get the Gameboy emu (plus a whole load of others). But the former is free.

Sonic Cat has a free Cajon, Samplephonics has a bunch of tasters, SonicCouture gave away a wonderful Reed Organ last year, and they also have a bunch of other free instruments like a glitched Speak & Spell. Just go down this list: https://cymatics.fm/blog/best-kontakt-l ... eshootdown If none of this stuff inspires you to make something interesting, then having/not having Kontakt isn't the problem.

V0RT3X wrote:
fallacy wrote:I have Komplete, Omnisphere 2, T-racks Max, LuSH-101, Zebra, Largo, Halion Sonic 2, Air instruments 3, Ableton Live Suite and Logic Pro X, an SH-201, a Wavestation, a Monologue, an 808 clone, parts of a 303 clone that I am working on (and way more)

I bought nothing because I have more than I deserve considering the amount of music I’ve actually made.

All the gear and no idea basically.

I feel the same often, and wonder why I even spend this much money on this stuff.
It should be helping somewhat with the depression, if not, you might want to get that checked.

Black Rooster Audio VPRE-73 ..sounds great! :tu:

got it from their shop for around $15 using "2017_novembersale" code
https://blackroosteraudio.com/pluginsto ... pre73.html

Didn't buy too much this year.

- A real oldie: Novation bundle (Bass- and V-station).. Bass Station is quite "meh", V-Station still is nice I think. It has a distinctive VA sound which fits nice in more classic EDM styles.

- TAL-U-NL-LX: Didn't have this one yet, and I'm a sucker for classic synth emulations :hihi: It's a great little synth.

- Melda MFreeFX Bundle (upgrade); A great bundle of plugins for a very friendly price.

Krezie I can't wait to buy your Journeys soundset on monday when have some cash! Really looking forward to it!

I got Plugin Boutiques Radio, a handy little Vst/standalone that streams internet radio with built in capture.

I've had great fun grabbing random samples from chats about UFOs and conspiracy shit run through a barrage of effects and warped convolution IRs. Fantastic sample fodder
Amazon: why not use an alternative

layzer wrote:nada... i actually use what i already have
Something we have in common. I actually use what I have too. Yesterday, I made a track utilizing my new EWQL Hollywood Orchestra Diamond Library. Amazing sound.

TAL Sampler!

:party:

Krezie wrote:Didn't buy too much this year.

- A real oldie: Novation bundle (Bass- and V-station).. Bass Station is quite "meh", V-Station still is nice I think. It has a distinctive VA sound which fits nice in more classic EDM styles.

- TAL-U-NL-LX: Didn't have this one yet, and I'm a sucker for classic synth emulations :hihi: It's a great little synth.

- Melda MFreeFX Bundle (upgrade); A great bundle of plugins for a very friendly price.
Being able to resize the Melda free (not so free if upgraded) plugins makes a lot of difference to me (I didn't realize you could). I think I'll start using them now.
<List your stupid gear here>

I wonder how much of all the black friday-cybermonday purchases done will soon end up for sale here on kvr. :D

Added TDR/VOS Slick EQ GE and a McDSP v6 upgrade for an old v5 plugin.
Still nothing major.
Will probably add Substance Painter eventually.
Confucamus.

So ok I bought ANA2 that is very good and I just bought this little newcomer :

Granulizer By Inertia Sound Systems

Very interesting.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Return to “Instruments”