Ableton Live 10 Public Beta

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

mobetta wrote:Anyone know if you purchase/pre-order 10 now, if you get access to the new packs, or is that only those on beta list?
Just if you're on the beta AFAIK

pekbro wrote:Just to be clear,

In the wave synth, all the LFO's but the random waveform, can run through their entire cycles without being re-triggered by note input. You have to make sure there are no targets in the midi matrix affecting them, as well as having re-trigger off. The random waveform seems to trigger with every note regardless of the trigger setting.
FYI: Confirmed bug...

b3 allows you to restrict tempo changes to 0.1!!! So now you can create a tempo marker that's dead on the round number (120, 121, 122) without jumping through to many hoops!! Thanks Abletong! I hope they take my "typing (using the computer keyboard) to change automation values" suggestion which would be even easier.

Let's hope they continue to address more of those little annoyances.

I have to say, I really like 10 (beta). I like what they've done to tweak the look. I like the new features. The new features list isn't huge, and so I understand why some may balk at the upgrade price. But for me, the new stuff is great - it's got almost all of the stuff that I've wanted.

I was using multiple DAWs for years, up until mid year this year, and finally decided just to use Live exclusively. There's minor things that I miss that other DAWs do better, but I have to admit that it's nice to be down to a single DAW.

EDIT: I also just learned about the CTRL+SPACE playback feature - to start playback from the cursor position within the piano roll (in session view). I can't believe I've lived this long w/o knowing that existed in Live and didn't go looking for it.

When you haven't known about that feature and lived w/o it for years, it's a glorious thing to have.

While I like just about all the DAWS for one thing or another, I just get stuff done a lot quicker with Live. I too think the new look is attractive. I was never in love with old one, I more or less just accepted it as the price to pay.

I fully admit that the looks of a DAW have a lot to do with my wanting to use it. So sue me. I like stuff that looks cool.
Last edited by jonljacobi on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonljacobi wrote:Me too. While I like just about all the DAWS for one thing or another, I just get stuff done a lot quicker with Live. I too think the new look is attractive. I was never in love with old one, I more or less just accepted it as the price to pay.

I fully admit that the looks of a DAW have a lot to do with my wanting to use it. So sue me. I like stuff that looks cool.
Dude your not the only one. Me too.
The same with VSTs. I never used the waves Q10 that much in the past with its old 2003 looking interface, then that sleek new colorful 25th anniversary GUI came a few months ago and now I'm using it in every track. I'm really a sucker for design :hihi:

Back On topic..Live has always been pleasureable to look at but especially version 10. Like the other versions it's UI is Very simple, minimal, but at the same time colorful and energetic.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

How is Live 10 Beta working out for everyone? And more specifically, Max for Live. I'm a current Live 9 Standard owner and have wanted to upgrade to Suite. But as I don't have a powerful computer (Surface Pro 3), I've been a little hesitant to try M4L. Now that M4L is integrated into Live Suite, I am concerned about my CPU use, even if I'm not using Max. Honestly, though, I definitely want to use Max for Live. It's a big reason I want Suite.

If anything, to me it seems a bit more efficient. I don’t think the M4L integration is super deep at this point. It’s mostly just improved loading, maybe some minor performance gain.

I would expect an overall improvement though.

-Cheers

Are you guys using 10 Beta full time?

I like it, and am thinking of using it for existing and new projects. Definitely seems stable enough...

I don't know why quicker loading of M4L devices is lauded ... big whoop, it takes X amount of seconds to load. Now it takes X amount less seconds to load. Is this really something to toot a horn about ?

CPU overhead while it's running is all I give a flying fiddlesticks about. if it ran at half the CPU cycles once loaded it could take 2 solid minutes to load for all I care.

I’ve had a few crashes. But mostly pretty stable. Using it depends on your needs is all. I can’t say I use it exclusively as I use a number of other DAWs.

-cheers

pekbro wrote:I’ve had a few crashes. But mostly pretty stable. Using it depends on your needs is all. I can’t say I use it exclusively as I use a number of other DAWs.

-cheers

Are you using 10 exclusively when you're using Ableton DAWs? :?: :lol: :?:

OzoneJunkie wrote:
pekbro wrote:I’ve had a few crashes. But mostly pretty stable. Using it depends on your needs is all. I can’t say I use it exclusively as I use a number of other DAWs.

-cheers

Are you using 10 exclusively when you're using Ableton DAWs? :?: :lol: :?:

Yes :tu:

Roger that :) Thanks :tu:

Daags wrote:I don't know why quicker loading of M4L devices is lauded ... big whoop, it takes X amount of seconds to load. Now it takes X amount less seconds to load. Is this really something to toot a horn about ?

CPU overhead while it's running is all I give a flying fiddlesticks about. if it ran at half the CPU cycles once loaded it could take 2 solid minutes to load for all I care.
I wouldn’t say i’m Touting faster loading. I just mentioned it. Personally, I don’t think that M4L 8 is overly different from 7. A few improvements, nothing monumental.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”