Eventide Anthology XI released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Anthology XI

ghettosynth wrote:
ChamomileShark wrote:
rod_zero wrote:For that price I better get an H9.
.... and stuff on the H9 that isn't in Anthology
But what about the stuff on the H9 that isn't in Anthology?
Isn't that what I said?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ghettosynth wrote:
ChamomileShark wrote:
The standard answer to that must be "get both!"

There is stuff on the H9 that isn't in Anthology and stuff on the H9 that isn't in Anthology
It seems they may be on a mission now to release the algorithms as separate plugins.

Mental note: never buy them, wait for the next Anthology upgrade.

Re releasing the H9 algos as plugins I doubt if they will do them all.

There are a whole bunch of modulation, delay, pitch and reverb algorithms which I doubt if they will release as plugins. There are something like 90 algos in total?

I tried to put up an image of them all but somehow failed

ChamomileShark wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
ChamomileShark wrote:
.... and stuff on the H9 that isn't in Anthology
Isn't that what I said?
Yes, twice, in fact.

fixed

Well done on the upgrade pricing Eventide. :clap: Not only nice to see a company treat its users right, it will also help encourage users to buy Eventide's standalone plugins between any Anthology bundle releases if those purchases count towards the next bundle upgrade price.

I wish them luck, but I don't see many people spending $900 on music software packages anymore. The only one I can think of that probably sells in good number is Komplete Ultimate, but offers a heck of a lot more rounded package that will appeal to many more people.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

chuck death wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Was everyone successful at authorising it?
No, I had exatcly the same issues as you. I've also emailed Eventide.
Any response from Eventide?
I've not even had a message confirming they've received my email
Amazon: why not use an alternative

ATS wrote:I wish them luck, but I don't see many people spending $900 on music software packages anymore. The only one I can think of that probably sells in good number is Komplete Ultimate, but offers a heck of a lot more rounded package that will appeal to many more people.
Agreed. I'm not even sure if the $500 sale price with four plugins is realistic TBH. I guess they'll find out.

PAK wrote:Well done on the upgrade pricing Eventide. :clap: Not only nice to see a company treat its users right, it will also help encourage users to buy Eventide's standalone plugins between any Anthology bundle releases if those purchases count towards the next bundle upgrade price.
You make a good point. I always wondered if its better to have easy/cheap upgrade/transfer policies or to be strict. It stands to reason that if you can encourage a 2nd hand market for your products and each time collect a small transfer fee, that would create a whole stream of revenue along with product sales. I am not sure why some devs make their transfer and upgrades so cumbersome or non-existant. Eventide seems to have a finely tuned balance going on, tied also to upgrade paths, which is also quite versatile. Other devs should consider the Evetide model. I suppose creating the infrastructre to support that is one of the challenges. Probably worth doing.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
chuck death wrote:
Just got a response telling me to try all the things I had already tried

ChamomileShark wrote:Re releasing the H9 algos as plugins I doubt if they will do them all.

There are a whole bunch of modulation, delay, pitch and reverb algorithms which I doubt if they will release as plugins. There are something like 90 algos in total?

I tried to put up an image of them all but somehow failed

Then the h9 is even better value, it has like 49 algos and right now there is only 3 direct ports (Blackhole, ultratap and mangled verb) but other plugins have the same algos (I think the H910 for example, and some of the H3000 presets) and I think the other reverb has the hall, plate and abient algos. It also gets new algos for free from time to time (like 1- 1.5 per year)

If each algo is released at around 49 bucks the pedal comes out on top by a large margin (it would cost 2,400 USD to buy all of them).

So while I like the convenience of plugins more and in many cases I hate dealing with cables and sync stuff this is one of the few cases where the HW is actually better value, specially at around 800 USD. And then you can get a second H9 (a core version for 400 I think) and it gets all your algos from the Max version.
dedication to flying

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
chuck death wrote:
No reply here yet. There is nothing to try anyway; there are no licences on my (soft) iLoks and they have taken my Anthology X licence and not given me an Anthology XI licence in return.

lnikj wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
chuck death wrote:
No reply here yet. There is nothing to try anyway; there are no licences on my (soft) iLoks and they have taken my Anthology X licence and not given me an Anthology XI licence in return.
Me too, but did not take the single licences that were part of the upgrade and it doesnt recognise them as surrenderable, though they are sitting there deactivated :dog:

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
lnikj wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
chuck death wrote:
Me too, but did not take the single licences that were part of the upgrade and it doesnt recognise them as surrenderable, though they are sitting there deactivated :dog:
Same. I have 4 other single plugin licences and all are deactivated and were before I attempted the upgrade.

Return to “Effects”