Steinberg LM7 anyone? Reward!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone point me in the direction of the revered Steinberg LM-7 drum vst for Windows OS/Cubase 5? Mine has somehow self-destructed and I really don't want anything else right now.

Please?? Free www.musicarta.com keyboard creativity booster study pack to the kind person who delivers!!

Thanks!

Musicarta Bob

Groove Agent follows the exact same concept except it's not absolutely horrible like LM-7.

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Romantique Tp wrote:Groove Agent follows the exact same concept except it's not absolutely horrible like LM-7.
Well, they both play drum samples. I'd say the similarity ends there.

You just beat me to it!
Odd how posting a query suddenly makes you shift yourself.
If you're feeling benign...

I've unpacked the folder and put the contents in a folder called LM-7 in C:Program files(x86)\Steinberg\VSTplugins but it doesn't show up when I F11 VST instruments.

Any suggestions?

Maybe do re-scan/update of the plugins?

https://vimeo.com/213251998

Also, try putting it in Cubase factory VST folder, probably somewhere like C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steinberg/Cubase/VSTPlugins
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Thanks Zexila, just the ticket.
Can you help me figure out why my Cubase Audio tracks are not playing out through my UA-4FX soundcard like they used to?
Cubase is supposed to use the ASIO4all driver I've got installed but it only shows up ASIO Multimedia Driver, which is the one that doesn't work.
Where/how can I tell Cubase to use ASIO4all. It used to but stopped for some reason.
If you can...?

Thanks Zexila
Will try this.
I didn't realise there was so much tech advise on YouTube - good place to look, I see.
Have a good one.

Musicarta Bob wrote:You just beat me to it!
Odd how posting a query suddenly makes you shift yourself.
If you're feeling benign...

I've unpacked the folder and put the contents in a folder called LM-7 in C:Program files(x86)\Steinberg\VSTplugins but it doesn't show up when I F11 VST instruments.

Any suggestions?
If you are using Cubase 9, you can't load it, because it is 32-bit. Anyway, that's not the right place for these instruments, AFAIK. The right place would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase X.X\VSTPlugins\Drums where X.X is the version number.

So, for Cubase 8.5 (the last one that you can use it on) it would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase 8.5\VSTPlugins\Drums

The Cubase synths (like A1) should be placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase X.X\VSTPlugins\Synth
Last edited by fmr on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Yeah, You Tube is full of it, also doing Google searches can lead to threads similar like this and plenty was shared over time, my sincere advice is to look online first, I learned tons with just reading&watching stuff online, there's gold waiting to be found.

Have a blast. :party:

And I believe it would work with jBridge.

Hi there.
My Steinberg LM7 drum machine in Cubase 5 has stopped 'working'.
That is, it's there, the MIDI volume shows activity (but I don't hear it) and an audio mix-down comes out blank (any audio format/playback device).
LM-7 query.png
I've 'updated' the VST manager, haven't moved anything since before, when it was working - any ideas, please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Musicarta Bob wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:31 pm Hi there.
My Steinberg LM7 drum machine in Cubase 5 has stopped 'working'.
Are you "really" still using Cubase 5? :o What OS are running it on?
Fernando (FMR)

Yep! And Windows 7. Only making demo videos for www.musicarta.com - don't have any need (or time/patience) to make my life more complicated.
Have you any idea why Cubase may suddenly be not 'exporting to audio' as in times of yore?
Thanks

Return to “Instruments”