do all daws sound the same...again

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

capdellop wrote:Samplitude is probably the best sounding DAW for PC
Right - we didn't have this dumb shit for a while... it's probably about time again... :shrug:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
Right - we didn't have this dumb shit for a while... it's probably about time again... :shrug:
:lol:
Fernando (FMR)

jens wrote:
I'm aware that many people consider this as bs, but do yourself a favor and make some comparisons for yourself, before posting statements like this.
Master a track with the same samples/instruments/effects/settings in e.g. FL Studio, Cubase, Studio One, Bitwig, etc.
You always have differences, whether it's an audio engine, game engine, hardware - everything. One who says "digital audio is digital audio - period" has no idea how engines work.

You may not hear a difference when rendering a single sound. But a mix is a whole different thing.
For example - the difference between the same master in FL Studio and Cubase was enormous in the early 2000s.
It became much lesser in the past decade or so, but it's still there.
Last edited by confusedmuse on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

confusedmuse wrote:
jens wrote:
I'm aware that many people consider this as bs, but do yourself a favor and make some comparisons for yourself, before posting statements like this.

I did - the only valid way this can be done: with a nulling test - and contless others did so too

Your claim has been proven over and over again as 100% bullshit, myth, fantasy, imagination, user-error - any mixture of these.

Move along folks, nothing to see.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
confusedmuse wrote:
jens wrote:

I did - the only valid way this can be done: with a nulling test - and contless others did so too

Your claim has been proven over and over again as 100% bullshit, myth, fantasy, imagination, user-error - any mixture of these.

Move along folks, nothing to see.
20 years ago, you didn't need any test, since the difference was so obvious.
They may be all equal today, but it doesn't make much sense to me. The are a lot of DAWs and some are limited in their output setting capabilities.
And if there is really no way to acoustically improve how layered sound is structurally combined, then it surely could be invented.

Yes

No

Maybe...

Oh, I don't know

Don't know...
Don't care>>>
because MY DAW sounds the best>>> OFC.....

Can you repeat the question ?

toonertik wrote:MY DAW sounds the best>>> OFC.....

You use Logic Pro, also? You must do, 'cause I use it, and it clearly sounds the best :shrug:

depends
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

toonertik wrote:Don't know...
Don't care>>>
because MY DAW sounds the best>>> OFC.....

My DAWg barks the best 8)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”