Softube Fix Phaser

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fix Phaser is my fave phaser now sounds fantastic on an ARP Odyssey, I'm going to check out the NI phaser thanks for the heads up. Noticed in Native access and the Phasis plugin itself has usage tracking on by default you can turn it off. I guess Native Instruments has gotten that large the top guys think scaring us off helps to get more of us interested.

2017 was subscription and LEDs
2018 usage tracking on everything and tempered glass.

Jax Pok wrote:Fix Phaser is my fave phaser now sounds fantastic on an ARP Odyssey,
Agreed very nice sounding phaser indeed, I must admit though I'm a sucker for all things Softube..... :D
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

I'm not feeling that urine-colored GUI at all. :hihi:

+1 for urine!
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Mustard
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

cturner wrote:+1 for urine!
At least you guys can concentrate on the sound then instead of looking at the gui :hihi:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

I just demo'd this a bit. I love the sound, features, and operation, but, it's quite a CPU hog... unfortunately. Guess i would have gotten it, if it was more modest on CPU.

Can't decide whether or not to get this... it sounds absolutely awesome, by far the best phaser i've tried, but... it uses about as much CPU as Massive X with unison... seems a bit too much for what it does. On the other sound, it sounds so nice... doh. :D

I wouldnt bother using a plugin that uses that much CPU
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Yep, that's why i'm hesitating... as good as it sounds, it shouldn't use more CPU than a quite CPU heavy soft synth.

Guess i'll pass for now, and demo in the future. Maybe they manage to get CPU usage a bit down with a future update (i won't count on it though...).

Russell Grand wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:10 am I'm not feeling that urine-colored GUI at all. :hihi:
dude, i think you may have a bladder infection :o

mustard discharge

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:56 pm Yep, that's why i'm hesitating... as good as it sounds, it shouldn't use more CPU than a quite CPU heavy soft synth.
If it's internally oversampled...........
And MassiveX is not 'quite cpu heavy'. It was expected to be, but is not, in its current state. And it's not oversampled, as has already been discussed in the topic about aliasing.

Those allpass filters don't run on wishful thinking, you know.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:56 pm Yep, that's why i'm hesitating... as good as it sounds, it shouldn't use more CPU than a quite CPU heavy soft synth.

Guess i'll pass for now, and demo in the future. Maybe they manage to get CPU usage a bit down with a future update (i won't count on it though...).
Maybe just stick with Phazor? Or ask Reveal sound to release the phaser in Spire as a plugin :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

perfumer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:45 pm
If it's internally oversampled...........
And MassiveX is not 'quite cpu heavy'. It was expected to be, but is not, in its current state. And it's not oversampled, as has already been discussed in the topic about aliasing.

Those allpass filters don't run on wishful thinking, you know.
Sure, but, from the phasers I own, this is like ultra hardcore violence. It's not acceptable that the effect takes more CPU than unison on a moderately expensive soft synth. It takes about 4 times the CPU Spire does with 2 osc 9x unison.

Sounds very nice though. As I mentioned, by far the best I ever heard.

Return to “Effects”