Granular synthesis VST with BPM matching ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to BPM match things like grain spacing with a granular synthesis VST - at the moment Ive built something like this in Max but I was wondering if there was already a VST that I could use in a Daw like Live or Flstudio and BPM match the grainspacing etc to the track ?
If there was some way of taking an audio input like a mic in and live granulating this into a Daw that would be even more awesome.... L

Like I say I already have done this in max but its a bit messy....

The Mangle has Grain Rate, LFOs, etc. that can be synced to BPM.

crusherX can sync grains (and can do it in real time too as it is both an effect and a synthesizer), Padshop Pro/Falcon/HALion 5 have syncable modulators in order to scan through samples (assign grain position to a synced modulator and/or grain length/density/whatever), e.g. loops/phrases whatever needs to be synced or could be synced.

One word of caution: try before you buy. The Crusher X demo doen not work on my system ( Win7Pro, Cubase ) . This has also been mentioned by another member (wagtunes) on the AccSone forum half Novenber 16 but there is still neither a reply nor a reaction.
It seems to be CuBase specific.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

http://mourednik.github.io/argotlunar/

this could suit you.
take a look.

cheers,
tl.

pottering wrote:The Mangle has Grain Rate, LFOs, etc. that can be synced to BPM.
This is one of the best sound design tools I discovered last year - unfortunately it cant be used as a VST plugin like say a delay can putting an effect on an incoming signal.Sure you can load it into an effects bus - but you have to load a sample into it - it cant effect a live audio stream or sample playing in the DAW bus . I am looking for something that can bpm match automatically (ie sync to the host) like a delay where it has options for 1/2 2/4 etc
praying you are going to come back to me with a "actually you can ....." type comment :)

Also the Melda granulator can sync grains in real time - it's an effect plugin, you can easily reverse grains synced to BPM and do all sorts of useful stuff with it.

Looking at glitch machines - they look very interesting.....

Sampleconstruct wrote:Also the Melda granulator can sync grains in real time - it's an effect plugin, you can easily reverse grains synced to BPM and do all sorts of useful stuff with it.
So for the sake of clarity - this thing doesnt need me to set the grain times manually ? It will automatically BPM sync to the tempo of the host ? So for example if I slow the BPM down - the grains will automatically get slower too ?

Dreamw wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Also the Melda granulator can sync grains in real time - it's an effect plugin, you can easily reverse grains synced to BPM and do all sorts of useful stuff with it.
So for the sake of clarity - this thing doesnt need me to set the grain times manually ? It will automatically BPM sync to the tempo of the host ? So for example if I slow the BPM down - the grains will automatically get slower too ?
Yes, there is a match function for grain length adapting to tempo, just try the demo and see if it fits your needs.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Dreamw wrote:
Yes, there is a match function for grain length adapting to tempo, just try the demo and see if it fits your needs.
brilliant tx

Dreamw wrote:
pottering wrote:The Mangle has Grain Rate, LFOs, etc. that can be synced to BPM.
This is one of the best sound design tools I discovered last year - unfortunately it cant be used as a VST plugin like say a delay can putting an effect on an incoming signal.Sure you can load it into an effects bus - but you have to load a sample into it - it cant effect a live audio stream or sample playing in the DAW bus . I am looking for something that can bpm match automatically (ie sync to the host) like a delay where it has options for 1/2 2/4 etc
praying you are going to come back to me with a "actually you can ....." type comment :)
Oh sorry, I missed this is the Effects subforum.

Hmmm - I have tested the above suggestions but none of these things do what I wish them to do. The only things that more or less do what I want is Turnado and Glitch machines hysteriasis - but not quite. What I really need is for the "Grain spacing" to be BPM matchable.....

any new developments this year ?

GrainSpace

Tempo sync’d LFO with 11 waveforms

https://www.audiority.com/shop/grainspace/

Return to “Effects”