u-he Repro (Repro-1 & Repro-5) released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Even with multicore ticked, this thing spanks my CPU. :o

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Impressed.

Put it through a console or anything and these things sound like a real thing. u-he synths are really game changers and I'm not saying this lightly. I'm really in love with hardware. Still, if I had to use it without any outboard I would feel like something is lacking. But that can be called "post-processing" anyway. :hihi:

This [these] and The Legend. The! :tu:

Thank you so much u-he for your hard work and affordable prices! :tu: Not to say for setting new VST standards... :D

It is simply incredible how these plugins shine in every way. From incredibly functional GUI that still looks nice to sound. About the only drawback is CPU usage, but hey - you can't have everything, eh? :wink:
Last edited by DuX on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:Even with multicore ticked, this thing spanks my CPU. :o
If I turn off Multicore and turn on HQ the preset 02 Leads - S7 Hollowed Lead actually takes FL Studio to 100% and it craps out. Checking in Task Manager and it actually adds around 10% to my i7 6700k @ 4ghz.

I remember FL Studio did multicore in a messed up way, this was a while ago though but my guess it is still the same.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

egbert101 wrote:
braj wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:No no, I am not stupid :D It is not the demo noise, it happens in the middle of a demo noise interval.
Maybe it is your computer, I run the same patch and it takes like 4% cpu in Reaper. This is a 5 year old I7 3440.

I am using a 3 note chord to test BTW.
Don't forget to turn on HQ and Multicore support.
OK, that patch, CK Trill 7th, with HQ and MC turned on, 6 note chord (just tried and edited this now), still takes only 5.5% CPU over here. I don't know why my computer mysteriously sips CPU (I'll call -5% with Repro 5 poly sipping ;) ) but all you people using up 30% cpu, it sucks being you :tu: And I almost didn't buy Repro because I thought my computer was too old. :hihi:
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I must have a very odd PC. With multicore on, my patches glitch and sputter and sound horrible. With multicore off, everything is smooth sailing. I know it should be the other way around but it's not and I am totally at a loss as to how this is happening. Also, forget about using HQ.

I'm new to home music (only a year or so in), and I've bought a lot of VSTs. I just bought my first U-He synths a few weeks ago, and I can see why Urs and the U-he gang have such a great reputation. Thank you for GREAT products!

wagtunes wrote:I must have a very odd PC. With multicore on, my patches glitch and sputter and sound horrible. With multicore off, everything is smooth sailing. I know it should be the other way around but it's not and I am totally at a loss as to how this is happening. Also, forget about using HQ.
I remember with ACE that if you have an older PC (multicore, but not an i5 or i7) then it's better to not enable the multicore option. It may be a similar situation with Repro-5.

Examigan wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I must have a very odd PC. With multicore on, my patches glitch and sputter and sound horrible. With multicore off, everything is smooth sailing. I know it should be the other way around but it's not and I am totally at a loss as to how this is happening. Also, forget about using HQ.
I remember with ACE that if you have an older PC (multicore, but not an i5 or i7) then it's better to not enable the multicore option. It may be a similar situation with Repro-5.
Except I have an I7. In fact, I just upgraded my PC so I can handle what some of these plugins throw at me. So I'm even more confused.

Russell Grand wrote:Even with multicore ticked, this thing spanks my CPU. :o
What CPU you have?

wagtunes what I7 do you have? 2600, 8700, what?

Thanks Urs and the rest of the u-he team for this! Repro 1/5 and Bazille are easily my favorite two synths that have... character? balls? Yeah.

ATS wrote:
wagtunes what I7 do you have? 2600, 8700, what?
Here are the specs.

i7-3770k 3.50 ghz

I don't have a problem with MC, HQ enabled in both Cubase and Reaper. The is a pad of 3-note chord progression of two chords (Snap taken in the second chord) with the "HS Growing to 600" synth pad.
RePro5_Cubase_HQ_MC_cpu_HS Growing to 600 pad.jpg
and this is the Asio setup in cubase:
Cubase ASIO Device setup.JPG
This is Reaper with High Performance power options:
Reaper_RePro5_CPU_MC_HQ_HS Growing to 600.jpg
My cpu is i5-4570 with Asio block size of 128 @44100 . I'm happy with this result :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”