Almost no bass via Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys.

By now I can call the 6i6 my own for 2 years or something.
All this time I was using my AKG K545 headphones and didn't get suspicious because I had read the K545 would have a weak bass response anyway.
That opinion of mine changed as I bought the Yamaha HS 7.
For example one can tell that there is a low-frequency sinewave but there's no to very little bass behind it.
Also almost everytime I turn on the PC the audio is slower and pitched down until I turn the Interface off and on again. And everyday there's at least one shutdown ( bluescreen: - ffusb2audio.sys (...) ).

Thanks!

I am not sure what you are getting at. I have a 1st gen 6i6. It is not perfect, but it works. I have never seen the issue with the bass you are referring to, but I have had issues with Windows 10 and needing to turn off/on again (but no BSOD). They stopped supporting the drivers awhile back. There are newer beta drivers but I do not like the way they work with the 1st gen units.

Sounds like a serious audio conflict in there. Something is trying to set audio at 48 instead of 44. Perhaps there's something in the bios or one of those 'cinema' audio card software packages fighting against the 6i6?

[n/m]

Richard deHove wrote:Sounds like a serious audio conflict in there. Something is trying to set audio at 48 instead of 44. Perhaps there's something in the bios or one of those 'cinema' audio card software packages fighting against the 6i6?
Yup, that's it. Whenever I try to set it to 44 within Scarlett MixControl and try to play audio afterwards, it doesn't even start (Youtube video / windows media player doesn't start) and it immediately changes to 48.

Didn't find any of those "cinema audio card software packages" on my PC.
And I wouldn't know what to do within the bios..

thecontrolcentre wrote:Similar problem discussed here ...
https://www.reddit.com/r/audioengineeri ... interface/
Thank you!
Problem is, when I enable the soundcard within the bios, I somehow can't use my Interface anymore when selecting it as the audio device. it isn't getting any audio signal.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”