New synth: Aparillo by Sugar Bytes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aparillo

Sampleconstruct wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Live on video - my first encounter with Aparillo after purchasing it, using a custom patch as starting point for a ten minute long excursion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGvoacrG38E
Sounds like the warm-up phase of an orchestra before the concert :hihi:
They were warming up for this:

Orbit Jam

A Midi sequence recorded in Logic (octaves and fifths, root B-flat) is triggering Aparillo, incoming pitches are quantized to a scale within Aparillo, tweaking the Orbit morphing and other things on the fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah0amhpEWEI
Oh I have to get this....

would be really great if I could make that XY work using touch (eg my iPad screen, Magic touchpad, something like that)
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:Really nice work Simon! I remember when I was younger and was listening to Burl Ives "A Holly Jolly Cristmas" after a tab of LSD, and it sounded exactly like what you did there. Thanks for the journey man!!!
:hihi: Thanks. LSD never clicked with me, I tried it once and then spent 3 days on the too of a sauna roof laughing my head off.

@ Simon-
Excuse me for saying imo it sounds like LSD clicked BIG TIME for you!! :clap:
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

kgdrum wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:Really nice work Simon! I remember when I was younger and was listening to Burl Ives "A Holly Jolly Cristmas" after a tab of LSD, and it sounded exactly like what you did there. Thanks for the journey man!!!
:hihi: Thanks. LSD never clicked with me, I tried it once and then spent 3 days on the too of a sauna roof laughing my head off.

@ Simon-
Excuse me for saying imo it sounds like LSD clicked BIG TIME for you!! :clap:
LOL, ok Kenny, if you say so :help:

Here is another experiment, after now having fully understood the Aparillo concept...
Experimenting with a custom Aparillo patch, later processing it with GRM Evolution and SpaceFilter.
Experimenting with a custom Aparillo patch, later processing it with GRM Evolution and SpaceFilter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HhwiHZveYU

shonky wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sounds like you clicked just fine to me :D :party: (my particular favourite music for trips was usually Herb Alpert).

Nice demo by the way
Oh, Herp Alpert is my brother's hero (who is a great trumpet player).

hey fellas, we have a massive amount of tom cosm tutorials to be uploaded tomorrow. stay tuned! rico

Sugar Bytes wrote:hey fellas, we have a massive amount of tom cosm tutorials to be uploaded tomorrow. stay tuned! rico
Tom Cosm is the Dan Worrall of New Zealand...I've learned much from watching/listening to him. This should be an interesting, if not fascinating foray into Aparillo, though Simon's already opened the door.

Sugar Bytes wrote:hey fellas, we have a massive amount of tom cosm tutorials to be uploaded tomorrow. stay tuned! rico
Does this have NKS support like Factory?

Aparillo is a big synth. All the stuff that Sugar Bytes managed to get in to this plugin! And I haven't even explored the Orbit page yet. In this video I start with the INIT preset and skip to 10 minutes later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGubXpPuJmc

Some of the textures one can coax out of this machine are absolutely incredible, an Aparillo a day keeps two doctors away.

aMUSEd wrote:
Does this have NKS support like Factory?
will be added shortly, just did not make it into the release.

Exploring the synth-page in Sugar Bytes Aparillo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLDh6oMOaEQ

8 tutorial videos online!

2 more to come in the next days ;)

How much overlap is there between Aprillo and Obscurium? I get a similar vibe from the specs and sounds I'm hearing. (Sorry if this is discussed earlier)

Any chance you could move the Factory vst preset browser GUI into Aparillo?
Don't get me wrong. I'm still going to buy Aparillo, but the Factory browser is a thing of beauty. Having it in Aparillo would be unbelievable!
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

krankyone wrote:Any chance you could move the Factory vst preset browser GUI into Aparillo?
Don't get me wrong. I'm still going to buy Aparillo, but the Factory browser is a thing of beauty. Having it in Aparillo would be unbelievable!
first we did not see the neccesarity to put the browser in there, but that has changed when we leaned about the vast variety of possible sounds and the requirement of a more convenient tagging/browsing.
we already have a list of nice features for a major update and the browser might be part of that.

Return to “Instruments”