Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

SJ_Digriz wrote: These 3 are all very difficult or very different to program. It was an odd coincidence for a release to contain 3 synths with such errr... shall we say unique programing architectures.
We sure have a lot to explore and experiment with in this release.

I've given it a proper go...and I gotta say the DX7 V is my favorite Arturia offering BY FAR.

A plugin like, Nemesis...or even Octopus can do more...but nothing captures the spirit of the DX7 and adds great optional functionality like this.

It's such a joy to play with.

Bump1 wrote:I've given it a proper go...and I gotta say the DX7 V is my favorite Arturia offering BY FAR.

A plugin like, Nemesis...or even Octopus can do more...but nothing captures the spirit of the DX7 and adds great optional functionality like this.

It's such a joy to play with.
The combination of having the option to properly replicate a real DX7 with teh option of adding a bunch of additional features is indeed what makes DX7 V quite oustanding. While FM8 is amazing too somehow i seem to like DX7 V more at the moment. Having a dedicated resonant multimode filter for each operator is one of the features of DX7 V not possible with FM8.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

SJ_Digriz wrote: FWIW: I hated the DX7 then too ... and not because of how hard it was to program. 80s pop piano was a wart on humanity.
I hate all instruments, because every one of them has been used by someone to make crap music. :party:

T-CM11 wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote: FWIW: I hated the DX7 then too ... and not because of how hard it was to program. 80s pop piano was a wart on humanity.
I hate all instruments, because every one of them has been used by someone to make crap music. :party:
Someone finally gets me :hug:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Someone finally gets me :hug:
Synths don't shoot people! Detune 2 guns, then what? 8)

I'm getting pretty annoyed with their registration/copy protection thing. Tried to install Easel V on my laptop, and the license manager wouldn't connect at all. I copied the downloaded executable from my desktop and tried registering it... it connected just fine and added my laptop as a device to my account, but then failed to sync licenses. Then it claimed it couldn't connect to the license server again.

I requested offline registration the day I bought it since the server was being flaky then, and never got a response from it.

Excellent experience here.

Bought the collection online.
Opened the manager and my license was nicely synced. Clicked install and everything downloaded and installed automatically after i provided the custom install paths.

When i installed komplete (still on physical discs then) it had me occupied for 8! Hours. Worst experience ever.

I have a question about CMI V. When you import a sample, is it stored internally in the patch or is it pulled from a location off your hard drive?

wagtunes wrote:I have a question about CMI V. When you import a sample, is it stored internally in the patch or is it pulled from a location off your hard drive?
You can import from anywhere in your system, but the sample is embedded once you save the preset. If you save a Voice, then the sample is stored in Program Data, and the voice will appear in the browser.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I have a question about CMI V. When you import a sample, is it stored internally in the patch or is it pulled from a location off your hard drive?
You can import from anywhere in your system, but the sample is embedded once you save the preset. If you save a Voice, then the sample is stored in Program Data, and the voice will appear in the browser.
So if I make a bank of presets and export that bank and then put it on another PC, all the patches in that bank will play correctly?

foosnark wrote:I'm getting pretty annoyed with their registration/copy protection thing...
Whatever the trouble was, when I got home from work and tried again it successfully registered very quickly with no hassle. :tu:

This is a $99 upgrade with a $199 price tag. I just don’t find it to be sufficiently exciting to upgrade for the current price, especially when people who buy analog lab can upgrade for $250.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

wagtunes wrote:
fmr wrote:
So if I make a bank of presets and export that bank and then put it on another PC, all the patches in that bank will play correctly?
Yes :-)
Fernando (FMR)

Hi all,

just a quick message to let you know that we have released hotfix for the following instruments:

Analog Lab 3
Clavinet V
CMI V
Piano V2
Stage-73 V
Wurli V

More details in Arturia Software Center.

We also added 15 new Multi in Analog Lab.

Kevin

Return to “Instruments”