Companies developing plugins once in 5 years and others releasing every month a new one

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guenon wrote:
murnau wrote:
Guenon wrote:The title and OP is worded in such a manner that it actually includes both synths and fx plugins :), not specifically synths only -- but yep, can't really think of a company with that kind of output, no matter what sort of plugins we're talking about.
The first sentence is:
I just got another mail from a company about a new synth, a new emulation to be precise.
That is the scene setting first statement in the body of the message, yes. This presents the reader with an anecdotal occurrence that made the poster wonder about these things, or so it is portrayed. The title itself is more inclusive, "Companies developing plugins" (emphasis added), and after the scene setting, the message proceeds: "I don´t want to name the company but I wonder how is it possible to release so many plugins in such a short period of time?" At this point we know the most recent plugin of this company is said to be a synth, and the previous ones are plugins of an unspecified designation. As the query continues, "And what is more important, how can devs ensure the quality of the software when they come up with new synths or plugins every month?", it reveals a distinction of categories in the writers mind while formulating this question, that is, synths aren't the only kinds of plugins -- and therefore it quite strongly implies that the scope of the question isn't limited to synth plugins.

:P
Nope, the trigger was an email he got and has he said it's a new synth, a new emulation to be precise. Everything else is pure specualtion from your side. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

;) I must have been in a speculative mood, hehe.

Guenon wrote:;) I must have been in a speculative mood, hehe.
No no, you are right of course! :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Has the OP ever returned after being called out on this BS?

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:Another action packed day on KVR Instruments! Don't forget to tune in tomorrow!
I don't know. The show's getting old. It needs a new plot.

Maybe a murder mystery.

Reminds me of the dev who faked his death, when his business went to pieces.

chk071 wrote:Reminds me of the dev who faked his death, when his business went to pieces.
Are you serious?

Yep. And his business partner even came here, and elsewhere, and lied about it to everyone, as far as i remember. Some people are really extremely desperate.

chk071 wrote:Yep. And his business partner even came here, and elsewhere, and lied about it to everyone, as far as i remember. Some people are really extremely desperate.
How long ago was this? Do you remember the company?

To be honest, i don't even remember the exact name of the guy, maybe someone else knows. I just remember that an acquaintance of his mentioned to someone that he's well and alive, and that all of it was faked.

chk071 wrote:To be honest, i don't even remember the exact name of the guy, maybe someone else knows. I just remember that an acquaintance of his mentioned to someone that he's well and alive, and that all of it was faked.
Man, that is totally messed up. LOL.

I wonder if the thread is still here or if it's been deleted by the mods?

Here's another related thread.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=371013&start=15

But I can't find the one where the fraud was exposed. And I can't believe this Steven guy is still a member here and hasn't been booted out of this place.

Well, this thread got more interesting quickly. Ha!

Return to “Instruments”