Ableton users: Will Live 10 projects work on Live 9?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's up guys,

Just a question for Ableton Live 10 Beta testers: Are you able to open a Live 10 project from Live 9? (I'm new to this DAW but in Cubase things are usually backwards compatible with some issues)

BTW, does anyone know if one can have both versions installed simultaneously? Do they share the same license?

:tu:

1. You can not open L10 project in L9.
2. You can have both L9 and L10 installed simultaneously.
3. They do not share the same license (there is a special L10 beta license). But, as far as I understand, the _release_ L10 license will allow to run L9 as well.
CU
VK

Valery_Kondakoff wrote:1. You can not open L10 project in L9.
I read it as them wanting to do it the other way round (Open Live 9 projects in Live 10), which I really hope it can do !

Valery_Kondakoff wrote:1. You can not open L10 project in L9.
2. You can have both L9 and L10 installed simultaneously.
3. They do not share the same license (there is a special L10 beta license). But, as far as I understand, the _release_ L10 license will allow to run L9 as well.
Thanx both! :tu:

Live 10 Projects as mentioned can not be opened in 9. BUT Live 9 Projects can be opened in 10. All the project files I had accumulated over the years worked just fine in L10, as well as my L9 projects. They do however recommend you Re-Save the project to a different name and location once you have opened it in 10 as if you try to open it in Live 9 again after messing with it in 10 there will be obvious issues.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Cool thanks Spencer ! I think the same might've happened when I moved from A8 -> A9 so was assuming it'd also be the case for A9 -> A10. Good to have it confirmed though :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”