which Valhalla Reverb to buy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I picked up all of the Valhalla products in 2013. I own many other excellent reverbs (all 2CAudio reverbs, Lexicon PCM, Phoenix, etc) and I often choose Valhalla because it gives great results fast.

The Valhalla product I use the most is Ubermod for it's chorusing and flanging effects. It's probably my favorite modulator. But I never use it for reverb.

Shimmer is just wonderful, but for more specialized ultra long tails.

As far as reverb, I'd suggest Room or VVV (you'll be happy with either). If I had only $100, I would buy both of these as my first 2 reverb purchases from anyone, period. And if you buy the more expensive ones from others at a later date, you'll still be using Valhalla because of the quality.

stardustmedia wrote:I know, but I'd like to see a Valhalla Plate just for plates :)
Wish granted. :party:

I know this is a super old thread but I just discovered how great these plugins sound. Looking for advice. I have the free Valhalla Freq Echo and love it a lot. I particularly like it when it gets super extreme. Somehow it never gets out of control or is easy to tame it. Can anyone recommend their most psychedelic extreme plugin! I'm really looking for that half second range of brain sound just before you pass out. Any advice greatly appreciated...

Ubermod for Valhalla
Permut8 and Echobode for Sonic Charge
So many different Reaktor ensmebles
Modnetic from Surreal Machines
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

Demo
Demo
Demo
:borg:

Here is VintageVerb used on a mix (several instances):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMngvr4 ... e=youtu.be

Get all of em. They are great.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Try, sReverb is far better than Valhalla reverbs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJmSVhHPQgw

Vroom is the best reverb of Valhalla (very neutral)

Quite a necrobump on this thread. :D

i have them all (& uber), find myself using vintageverb the most. but all the valhalla plugins sound great, are well worth owning...
Last edited by fisherKing on Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin63101 wrote:
As far as reverb, I'd suggest Room or VVV (you'll be happy with either).
I agree, these are both very good.

hivkorn wrote:Vroom is the best reverb of Valhalla (very neutral)
in fact no

Old thread gets bumped ..... Valhalla Vintage Verb is still my favorite out of the bunch , I like Ubermod as a close 2nd but that's kinda unfair as it is more than just a Reverb . Valhalla Room , Plate , and Shimmer you really can't go wrong .... but ........if I was to have only one reverb plugin including non Valhalla verbs .... it'd Valhalla Vintage Verb

VintageVerb in 70s mode is just lovely.

Return to “Effects”