Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

bmanic wrote:
msvs wrote:Even if thats the case some day, we would release a copy protection free last update of course.
I don't want to be a dick but let's be realistic here: that's not going to happen. At least history has thought us that. Not a single company that has said this has delivered. Not. A. Single. One.

Every company that has suddenly stopped or gone bankrupt has left it's users hanging.

So yeah, please don't promise stuff you can't keep.
That's not necessarily true. When Propellerhead first deprecated ReBirth and discontinued the product, they posted it for free on the ReBirth Museum website. It was offered for free to use without copy protection for years until Roland pressured them to remove it altogether. Just say'n - while I agree it's unlikely to happen, it has in fact happened in the past. :)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

feedbackmachine wrote:Is there a way to create a pure perfect stereo pink noise in Avenger?
you can set the noise spread to 100% (max stereo spread, basically left and right are 100% different)
+ set the noise color to your desired level (brown, pink, white)
You also have the rate quality slider below

all done in the Noise knob area

msvs wrote:you can set the noise spread to 100% (max stereo spread, basically left and right are 100% different)
+ set the noise color to your desired level (brown, pink, white)
You also have the rate quality slider below

all done in the Noise knob area
Thank you. How can I save / convert a .wav sample to the Avenger's sample format ".avms", so the sample will appear in the waveform browser under my expansion?

by reading page 19 of the manual

U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

:hihi:

msvs wrote:by reading page 19 of the manual
I already did, cannot find a hint how to save the imported .wav as a Avenger sample file...

The original file is a .wav of a pink noise.

In the file browser's context menu on the sample, I only can convert to either shape (result is not a noise like original, completely different), granular file or resampler (which will sound then like a chiptune sound then).

No option for "convert to sample".

EDIT:

Oh ok. So I have to import a single sample just like it was a multisample, too. Btw. if I place a wav into samples sub dir, it will be only displayed if I reopen the GUI restart the Avenger instance. So this leads into kind of confusion.
Last edited by feedbackmachine on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

feedbackmachine wrote:
msvs wrote:by reading page 19 of the manual
I already did, cannot find a hint how to save the imported .wav as a Avenger sample file...

The original file is a .wav of a pink noise.

In the file browser's context menu on the sample, I only can convert to either shape (result is not a noise like original, completely different), granular file or resampler (which will sound then like a chiptune sound then).

No option for "convert to sample".
Put the sample in a dedicated folder, make sure the sample is coded in 44.1 Khz and has the root note in the file name (ending with e.g. _c3), click on "Files" in Avenger, locate the folder, right click on the folder -> convert to multi-sample. If you want to drag and drop wav samples, just drag and drop them into the oscillator, the sample will then be saved inside the preset (and you can use the loop editor with crossfade looping which is not available for multi-samples).

Sampleconstruct wrote:Put the sample in a dedicated folder, make sure the sample is coded in 44.1 Khz and has the root note in the file name (ending with e.g. _c3), click on "Files" in Avenger, locate the folder, right click on the folder -> convert to multi-sample. If you want to drag and drop wav samples, just drag and drop them into the oscillator, the sample will then be saved inside the preset (and you can use the loop editor with crossfade looping which is not available for multi-samples).
Thanks.

C-quence wrote::hihi:
:D

Does Avenger provide some kind of pitch detection from a sample, so I can then use that curve to modulate anything? Background: I want to extract an as exact as possible pitch curve of from a seagull screaming sample.

hollyWorse wrote: - Will there be parallel filters? *please* :)
Dude I've been singing this same song since avenger came out. VPS was gracious enough to acknowledge my request and say they'd consider it but it's been nothing but crickets ever since. They've added a lot of really useful stuff in lieu of parallel filtering - most of it being much more substantial as well - but man i just can not make sense of how such a behemoth synth could have such a glaring omission. Can you imagine how much added utility the Special filter types would gain if you could define the wet amount, or mix them in and out with modulation?

I hate to be such a broken record and nag the folks at VPS but parallel filtering just feels like such a no brainer to me

Razzia wrote:I hate to be such a broken record and nag the folks at VPS but parallel filtering just feels like such a no brainer to me
no you're right. you have to nag them. look at the real osc fm. some pages back vengeance even said such a feature doesn't make sense since he cannot hear the differences between shapes. now it got implemented and he loves the new possibilities.

not exactly. I said static waveforms in FM are boring,, make nearly no difference and sine sounds just best there. But with the new cross FM you can actually modulate (WT, Samples etc) the modulating osc. Thats a step further than what was originally requested.

regarding paralell filtering, I wanted to have this already in 1.0 but Rene once told me its very difficult/nearly impossible to implement in Avengers architecture - at least for a reasonable amount of CPU. Means: it would at least double the Filter CPU requirement. I am not sure if we want that for this price, but its definately still on our list to explore the feasibility. If its possible, we will do it

Huge orchestral accordion in Avenger, mixing dry accordion drones in granular mode with processed accordion sounds in sampling mode, pretty big sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLdoDfh5o1o

Return to “Instruments”