Modulate waveform with noise

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello sound pro's! I want to modulate a high pitched waveform (short decay) with noise to get that clicky sound useful for kick drum transient etc. I have FM8 and Avanger I think will do the trick but don't know how to setup. Please help!

ferdik wrote:Hello sound pro's! I want to modulate a high pitched waveform (short decay) with noise to get that clicky sound useful for kick drum transient etc. I have FM8 and Avanger I think will do the trick but don't know how to setup. Please help!
the first question what kind of modulation do you want to do ??
FM
AM
RM
PWM
and some other ways of modulation from tone2's gladiator for example (any other method if you want to mention)

as far as kick goes
it all goes to a ADSR env on the volume of the bass part(under 60hz)
and the other body part(including transient)

yes you can AM,PM,etc to a wave file with a noise sample and use that as a transient but that wont be less than noise sample which you have created you can creat noise/transient for a kick using 16 uni. on a saw wave and detuning it extremely
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

FM I guess, but any option is good. Got the idea from this tutorial. Clicky part starts at 06:05 :
https://youtu.be/puTrDZodvM8?t=6m5s

Return to “Sound Design”