Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got the Legacy collection with the ms20 controller shortly after it was released. At the moment I cannot use it anymore because they changed the copy protection system at least twice. When I got it it worked with a serial, then I had to buy a dongle and later they switched again to a challenge-response system. My attempts to register this on korguser.net failed. This is a very disappointing story and I will never again buy anything from KORG. I also don´t think that it is worth the money in 2017, at least the MS20 emulation is much better with U-HE Diva.

Great News (for me). :)

I logged into Korg User Net and 'KLC Analog Edition 2007' and 'KLC Digital Edition v1.3.2' are still available for download. These older 32-bit versions work off a Steinberg Key, which I still have. So, no messing about with the newer (crappier) protection system will be needed in my case.

:wheee:

I think if I was going 64-bit, I'd rather attempt to run the old legacy versions via jbridge and the USB Key than use the unreliable copy protection they employ these days.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Ah it such a shame. I would love to throw money at Korg for the M1 and wavestation but today after reinstalling my PC I realized again how awesome .reg files and just serials are. I will never a plugin again with complicated stuff.

Are there any other emulations or sample libs from the wavestation or M1 that are good?

I guess the iPad version is without a copy protection problem because it's done just via ios appstore license?

dunno about the PC but i didn't have any issues or head-scratching to authorize the Korg legacy collection

haven't upgraded to the new one though
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I bought Odyssey and MDE=X at the weekend and authorised online. Painless and fast. Not sure what the fuss is about.
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

No fuss now. We sorted everything out before you made your purchase.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

For me the online registration/authorization of the new KC (including Odyssey) did not work. I used a GSM/SIM dongle for connecting an otherwise air-gapped computer to the Internet for authorizing the paid-for software. As soon as I remove the GSM dongle from the computer, the authorization is gone.
Korg did not respond to the support case I filed several weeks ago. I'll use an alternative solution (you know what I mean) for being able to use the software I paid for.

Yes this left a bad taste in my mouth as well. I had exactly the same issue. I could not register it on Korg user. I did buy a legacy version of the software second hand a few years ago on KVR. I still have the controller.

phelios2063 wrote:I got the Legacy collection with the ms20 controller shortly after it was released. At the moment I cannot use it anymore because they changed the copy protection system at least twice. When I got it it worked with a serial, then I had to buy a dongle and later they switched again to a challenge-response system. My attempts to register this on korguser.net failed. This is a very disappointing story and I will never again buy anything from KORG. I also don´t think that it is worth the money in 2017, at least the MS20 emulation is much better with U-HE Diva.

Return to “Instruments”