Reverbs!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

drwx wrote:
jancivil wrote:VSL Hybrid Reverb. Big subject, I don't feel like a lot more typing today. But it's very efficient on CPU while delivering a huge benefit and there is probably something crafted for yer use case scenario. Rooms, chambers, churches, plates, 'scoring stages', special (reverse taps for instance), the whole shebang. Control over algo tail from convo'd early reflections like nobody's bizness...
Thanks for the addition! Is it a VST plugin though or it can only be used inside Vienna Suite?
No, you have to get the bundle for it. All the tools in it are fantastic but there's the downside of it.

One rilly big deal in it is that you have control over how much of its stage is reflected: 0% means it's going to reflect where instruments (any sources) sent to it like a spot 100% means fully diffuse.
So one might want more than one instance (which additionally is typically a strategy for 'back to front'); which is where its efficiency is cool. I demo'd B2, loved it, it's comparable more or less but it's a massive CPU hog. I was using it on an 8-core 24-GB machine, it's not like I was broke-ass. :)

Gamma-UT wrote:
drwx wrote:EDIT: I made this selection by simply trying different presets on every plugin with a techno loop with drums and synths playing in the input....
You slapped a bunch of reverbs straight onto a full mix loop with big kicks and didn't like the results 'cos they sounded a bit grainy? Colour me surprised.
Well, it was fully intentional. I wanted to hear how they would sound in an extreme case. I like the way techno music is heard in a big club with all the reverberations and I was wondering if I would be able to get the same sound with a digital plugin.
Last edited by drwx on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drwx wrote:I wanted to hear how they would sound in an extreme case. I like the way techno music is heard in a big club with all the reverberations and I was wondering if I would be able to get the same sound with a digital plugin.
If you have a convolution reverb (preferably true stereo) you can download > here < to get a club impression in your DAW.

Etienne1973 wrote:
drwx wrote:I wanted to hear how they would sound in an extreme case. I like the way techno music is heard in a big club with all the reverberations and I was wondering if I would be able to get the same sound with a digital plugin.
If you have a convolution reverb (preferably true stereo) you can download > here < to get a club impression in your DAW.
That was amazing. Thanks. I'm starting to understand why some people recommended me loading good IRs in a convolution plugin from the beginning. Ploki's comment to roll off the highs with an eq before was also essential to getting the sound I wanted. Reverberate Core seems to be a nice choice for this (even if I don't like his big brother presets!).

Seventh Heaven and Nimbus finally won my heart for more complex plugins but SparkVerb did remarkably well for its low CPU use and had really nice presets. Thanks everybody again for your suggestions!

Great list of Reverbs and opinions, very helpful.

Kalamata Kid wrote:Perhaps?

Review - 2016 Stereo Room Reverb Plug in By Eventide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDS0WrdGgO8
This plugin sat in my folder for ages before I even looked at it. Besides an obsession with Eventide's beautiful Blackhole, I've been fluffing around with convolution for awhile, thinking only convolution reverb can truly capture the depth and believability of a real space - but I was so wrong. Stereo Room is a real gem. Sounds way more real than bunches of others, convolution included.

Blackhole and Stereo Room are mighty fine, but I won’t leave my bedroom without FabFilter Pro-R and Zynaptiq Adaptiverb.

Nobody mentioned Reverbical yet?
It's easy if you know how

I couldnt jive with the Reverbical UI. It just wasn't the workflow for me. Sounded pretty nice though... I sold my license.

What can do Earthquaker Afterneath similarly?

Also presets can be teachers but at a point you move on

Hey! New to the forum. Budding blogger and producer here.. I love doing little audio experiments and thought I'd share one I recently completed.

It's an audio shootout of 6 of the most popular free reverb plugins on KVR. I've included audio samples and my thoughts on each of them... Hope you enjoy the read as much as I enjoyed writing it up!

https://producerhive.com/buyer-guides/v ... t-plugins/
Last edited by ProducerHive on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I stopped thinking about [other] reverbs since Valhalla DSP entered the scene. It was a relief. :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Effects”