Midi controllers and insertion effects

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

According to information here http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc_3.html it's supposed to be possible to control insertion effects via midi messages. As far as I can understand I have followed the instructions completely.

However – it simply doesn't work! I use one of the old versions of Zyn: v2.4.1.496 beta. Does anybody know if this problem is due to this specific version?

And also, I don't think that the method described in the document is complete. For example, it does not mention how I can tell Zyn whether I intend to use a specific insertion effect together with master out or part 1, etc.

I'd be very thankful if anybody could help me. (I want to be able to control the drive of the distortion effect via midi cc:s. To simply use the midi-window and click on the control knob doesn't work either.)

/per99 :)

Try to add the effect in the instrument side rather than an insertion effect.
Then try to use the midi window to try to assign a CC.

When writing the code for the midi window, I didn't look at all at the Insert Effects section. Only on the effects window assigned to the whole part. So try to add your distortion at part level (edit instrument - effects).
Last edited by jackoo on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackoo wrote:Try to add the effect in the instrument side rather than an insertion effect.
Then try to use the midi window to try to assign a CC.
Thank you for your answer! But I'm not quite sure that I understand what "instrument side" means in this context.
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

See my edited post

Go to the part, edit instrument, effects, add your distortion there.
Now midi window, assign, turn a knob on the small effect window, assign a cc, and then test to see if it works.

Yeah, I understood after a little while. And it worked! :) :) :) Thanks again
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”