Waves Scheps Omni Channel

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Scheps Omni Channel

Without addressing any of the other stuff, a good point has been made. Without a frame of reference, it's impossible to know what the plugin did, if anything.

Posting a dry recording without Scheps would have given something to compare it to and might have even been a topic of discussion. But that ship has sailed as I didn't think of that. And that was shortsighted on my part.

wagtunes wrote:Without addressing any of the other stuff, a good point has been made. Without a frame of reference, it's impossible to know what the plugin did, if anything.

Posting a dry recording without Scheps would have given something to compare it to and might have even been a topic of discussion. But that ship has sailed as I didn't think of that. And that was shortsighted on my part.
And/or, explain where and how it was used.

plexuss wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Without addressing any of the other stuff, a good point has been made. Without a frame of reference, it's impossible to know what the plugin did, if anything.

And/or, explain where and how it was used.
Yeah. Would actually make a good video tutorial if I could get my Cubase, Voicemeter and Camtasia to play nicely together. For some reason, I've lost the ability to do voiceover and music at the same time. It's one or the other and I have no idea what's wrong.

plexuss wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote: As for whether it stops people from listening to his music is not the issue; the issue is that this thread is about SOC and not Wagtune's tunes. Wags should not have posted it here in the first place, rather posted it in Music Cafe and placed a link to it and that's where about 40% of this thread belongs because you and others, commenting on it and then fighting over it, have derailed this thread.
I disagree. Wag posted the track because he used SOC on it. I am always interested in hearing people's work where they used a particular plugin on it. Wags post was 100% relevant IMHO.
If the track had been posted in Music Cafe and had a link to this thread, the people who wanted to rag on about Wag's song could do so in the appropriate forum and those who wanted to discuss SOC could do so here.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
However, there is a broader point that I made, that if you are the kind of person who values having an audience for your music, then constantly doing something that stops people from listening might be worth exploring.
And that would be fine if this thread were about Wag's tunes. For instance, if Wags started a thread "What's wrong with my music?" then most certainly you and whoever else that decided to comment on his music, his choice of instruments to make it, his production and so forth, that would be more than appropriate.

But the thread is about SOC and so if anything instead of commenting on the music, the production of the song should be the topic. And like you pointed out, without a comparison, it is pretty much useless.

Then perhaps Wags could post his music in the appropriate forum and maintain the relevance of any thread by only commenting on the subject matter and not having every thread turn into a crap fight over his music and Robbie the Robot ?

It's quite entertaining,but it's getting a little too predictable and tiresome now :wink:
No auto tune...

So, are we going to talk about omni channel or not?

demetrisag wrote:So, are we going to talk about omni channel or not?
Flip a coin :wink:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

For the record,I thought that Wag's Omni tune was OK......

Except Ronnie the Robot wrecked it :wink:
No auto tune...

demetrisag wrote:So, are we going to talk about omni channel or not?
Just talk about SOC, rather than asking whether we are going to talk about it :shrug:

Anyway, in a bid to unite two apparently disparate thread-lines, I thought I would actually post something relevant.

The first half of the track contains the vocal. The second half is where I called in Scheps to see if it could be tidied up a little. It only took a bit of compression and gating :shrug:

https://soundcloud.com/el-bo/vocascheps

So, if you're ever faced with Vocaloid issues (Like, y'know...Having to listen to Vocaloid), then perhaps run it through the SOC :tu:

digitalboytn wrote:For the record,I thought that Wag's Omni tune was OK......

Except Ronnie the Robot wrecked it :wink:
Run it through the Scheps :tu:

Too bad you can't bag up excuses and sell them on Ebay. ;)

^ Useful Video. Thanks. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

@el-bo I have been listening to your music on soundcloud. I really like it. Alot. 95grams, NOthing is ANYthing, ANYmore, mellow are all really excellent. All your tracks are enjoyable and interesting.

Are you posting your music elsewhere or have you stopped writing? I hope not that later!

Great work!

Return to “Effects”