IK Multimedia Black 76 – free with Computer Music issue 254 (April 2018)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

IK Multimedia's Black 76 compressor/limiter (PC/Mac, VST/VST3/AU/AAX), as sold for €99, is yours for free with Computer Music issue 254.

Purchase the mag in any format to claim your free serial code. Offer ends 23/05/18.

Find out where to buy the issue here, and check out Black 76's specs here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmnDMGnqVWk

Cheers,

Joe Rossitter
Editor
Computer Music

Bought magazine.

Then you have to register with 'file solo' for your link.

I had to send 4 emails to IK before I was sent a code.

Then you have to download and install the IK registration app.

Then you have to download and install 1 gig of stuff you mostly can't use.

Now your plugin folder is full of unlicensed, unusable IK plugins.

Tried the plugin, thought 'meh'.

Unstalled.

There's probably a lesson in there somewhere....

:D

ZargonTheMagnificent wrote: Unstalled.
And rightly so.

:tu:

Hate to invoke Gearslutz here (but I will): It seems that even for full price T-RackS Black 76 is a very well-regarded plugin: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip ... -76-a.html

There's a professional there (Ken Lewis) who used it on Drake and Rick Ross projects (mentioned in the thread). It is certainly worthy of major label quality work and you can get it for the cost of a magazine.

So it's not possible to only install Black 76 without installing like 20 other plugins that will run in demo mode? Not even if people actually buy one of the plugins from the bundle?

Again another reason to NEVER buy any IK Multimedia product.

You can manually delete the shit yojmdont want fyi
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Reefius wrote:So it's not possible to only install Black 76 without installing like 20 other plugins that will run in demo mode? Not even if people actually buy one of the plugins from the bundle?

Again another reason to NEVER buy any IK Multimedia product.
Doesn't look like it, no.

And out of the three plugs that actually work (black, origjnal eq and a meter), the meter is 75% crippled and clicking on it almost anywhere opens your web browser!

Hopeless!

For me this is just a dirty marketing trick. They want people to try out all the other plugins (in demo mode) so they might actually like and then buy some of them.

I never liked IK Multimedia because they're contantly spamming this forum (look at the mobile apps subforum, there are at least 2 or 3 IK threads on each page) and this is just another reason for me to not trust this company.

Free or not, I don't want it.

ZargonTheMagnificent wrote:Bought magazine.

Unstalled.

I already own tons of IK stuff... a lot of people do. If you're used to they're system and already have their activation software installed on your computer this really isn't a big deal.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:who used it on Drake and Rick Ross projects
Another reason not to use it.

Tried about half a dozen times, nothing, no mail....

Seems I am the lucky one cause so I missed what follows :lol:

:phew:

Reefius wrote: I never liked IK Multimedia because they're contantly spamming this forum (look at the mobile apps subforum, there are at least 2 or 3 IK threads on each page) and this is just another reason for me to not trust this company.
That sub forum isn't very active coupled with the fact that we're a leader and innovator in the mobile music market (our mobile interfaces are extremely popular, for example) so it would make sense that there's a lot of information about us in a sub forum that has to do with mobile music.

tatanka wrote:
Tried about half a dozen times, nothing, no mail....

Seems I am the lucky one cause so I missed what follows :lol:

:phew:
The serials should all be through the magazine company. Once they provide it, our Authorization Manager works as it always has: Open it, paste the serial, it authorizes and you are on your merry way.

I will have our rep contact the magazine to tell them some of you are not having an optimal experience getting the serials (or the OP can field that part of it).

Or, one can follow the instructions on their site https://www.musicradar.com/news/free-vs ... a-black-76
NOTE: If you follow the authorisation process in the magazine and don't receive your Black 76 serial code via email, please email computermusic@futurenet.com (Mon-Fri).

soulone82 wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:who used it on Drake and Rick Ross projects
Another reason not to use it.
Yes, please do let genre corksniffing and whatever reason you like to post negativity in every IK thread get in the way of two solid examples of our products being used on professional projects... May not be my cup of tea musically either, but I respect the work Ken does (as do the major labels that hire him time and time again).

So you sent them 4 emails in one day, nice! No wonder it takes long for others.

ZargonTheMagnificent wrote:Bought magazine.

Unstalled.

my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Effects”