Softwaresynth to emulate the Waldorf Q+?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mattt12345 wrote:I meant was that i take a wavetablesynth which Voices could be spread and send them in seperatly into different NI Driver´s for exsample. Each Driver has a little difference setting but with a global filter control.
Most of what you want to do is done in your DAW, not the vst. If you want to detune every oscillator shape you might look into SPIRE though. Hope that helps.

komplexer and largo are very simillar and if my mermorie is correct, one of the guy who progammed komplexer worked on largo as well, maybe it s even the same person who programmed both, and it feel like it when using these synth

largo felt like a komplexer 2 sonically ( well it s just old memories so.. )

Komplexer had the ability to import wavetables which I really wish Largo had and I think the ARP was a better GUI implementation, I find Largo fiddly in that respect. I have in my mind that the sound difference is down to the Brilliance setting in Largo which I don't think Komplexor had, so maybe setting that to 0 would perhaps give a similar sound to the oscillators.

I haven't installed it for years now, although I do have a fondness for Terratec as they made the first Pro soundcard I owned in the 90s, EWS64XL which had a Waldorf MicroQ synth built into it. I might dig it out and have a compare.

Incidentally those with a Blofeld, the new Blox Editor supposedly converts Micro Q and Q presets for the Blofeld. I haven't tried that out yet but I do own it and it's great so far, behaves like the Virus TI plugin so no more having to deal with Hardware preset management, it automatically updates the hardware when a project is loaded. The Mixer Volumes/Pan has to send a huge sysex chunk and so interrupts everything which is a bit annoying which I hope can be changed to CC 7 and 10 instead at some point. Aside from that and a couple of other small bugs I really like it.

https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/pr ... itor-plug/

It could so easily have an MPE mode which would be great if one preset automatically updated all the others, I've emailed and suggested it, so hopefully he'll consider it.

That bloX looks good. I use the monstrumfeld, which I love, but it doesn’t handle the CAT filter, as you mentioned. So, this bloX handles the CAT filter in the vst?

Astralp wrote:The Mixer Volumes/Pan has to send a huge sysex chunk and so interrupts everything which is a bit annoying which I hope can be changed to CC 7 and 10 instead at some point.
AFAIK this is not possible because CC7/10 is only changing parameters at Program level. All multi parameters are only adjustable via sysex. Could be wrong, though.

Dasheesh wrote:That bloX looks good. I use the monstrumfeld, which I love, but it doesn’t handle the CAT filter, as you mentioned. So, this bloX handles the CAT filter in the vst?
Not yet:

https://mysteryislands-music.atlassian. ... Change+Log

I know that's true if you are working with Multis you want to save, but if you are just using it as a plugin and don't care about saving to the hardware then it would be much more useful to have a responsive mixer for levels, if you try it out you'll see what I mean. So it would be useful to have an option to use it that way rather than having to go into each part. I suppose I could build a mixer in Bitwig to use the CCs though.

Dasheesh, if you mean saving the Category then there is a menu to choose the category on the FX page, although I haven't tried it. The preset management side of it I don't really understand, especially when it comes to saving individual presets, there is no manual. There's a coming soon video icon on the site about Preset management so hopefully it will be done shortly. There is no Filter for the local Banks/Presets when loading presets yet as ED has pointed out but it's coming.

I think there were actually some issues with adjusting individual parameters in multis during RC testing, read this blog post:

https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/wa ... -available

Might explain why they send the whole multi when adjusting params.

I read that, doesn't seem to be a way around it unfortunately, but having an option to use the channel CCs instead would make the mixer useful, as it stands I would rather edit them on the hardware the times that it matters. For me personally I've hardly ever used the Blofeld as a Multi-Timbral instrument, Blox is what changes that for me making it much more accessible especially because of the Total recall which so far works well.

CCs wouldn't work if you have multiple patches assigned to the same MIDI channel (i.e. for layering). Multi part volume is ultimately a different parameter to patch volume (which is tied to CC7).

good point, but an acceptable compromise I think rather than dealing with the Multi Volume dropouts. Have a try with the demo and you'll see what I mean.

EvilDragon wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:That bloX looks good. I use the monstrumfeld, which I love, but it doesn’t handle the CAT filter, as you mentioned. So, this bloX handles the CAT filter in the vst?
Not yet:

https://mysteryislands-music.atlassian. ... Change+Log
Thanks. Yeah, you can save a preset CAT with monstrumfeld, but you can’t recall using the CAT filter, so unless you know what number your preset is, and in what bank, it’s a crap shoot. You have to use the CAT filter manually. Not a show stopper, but surprising how annoying it is ha. We are so spoiled by software LoL.

As for multi on the blofeld... forget it. It’s not powerful enough. You might be able to do it in mono mode but it’s basically useless. I have no idea what the purpose of 16 part multis are. Just for show I guess. 4 parts is all you need for any synth.

Dasheesh wrote:We are so spoiled by software LoL.
Absolutely!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFQ3sajIdaM

Dasheesh wrote:4 parts is all you need for any synth.
Quite disagreed on that part. :) Plenty of stuff to be done with velocity/keyboard splitting/layering.

Astralp wrote:Komplexer had the ability to import wavetables which I really wish Largo had
The Q and Q+ only had two wavetables (Alt1 and Alt2) so Largo offers a LOT more there.
I guess many people that ask about a Q emulation forget about that fact.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”