Emergency! Need Synth ASAP (Contest Ends March 1)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Because hes still a student, did you ever listen to his patches, truly uninspired and n00bish.
I can only imagine those that buy his packs are deaf, lazy or didnt bother to listen to the demos
oh man, another good wags thread to just sit back and enjoy! :hyper:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

which cant be locked for 3 days, or whoever looks after competition rules and infractions (fbi/cia/dvda?) will have his ass in the slammer before egbert deletes another post!

(does anyone know why hes doing that? is he eliminating his online presence and going dark? id imagine the above alphabet agencies will be interested in that too. smells like terrorism to me)

I'm going to echo pretty much everyone here and say you probably don't need a new synth to make a new library. I think picking a theme - like "cinematic" or "sci-fi" or "weapon sfx" - would more than justify making another bank for a synth you've already done.

I think you're also missing out on Reaktor ensemble sales if your only gripe is the Snapshot system (which honestly just takes some getting used to and is justified by the level of control it allows). I've noticed quite a few Reaktor vendors pop up, especially after version 6 came out. Could be some extra cash on the side; just a thought.

Whichever route you take, I advise you to take close notes of what level of quality your competitors are putting out, and aim to match or exceed that. Then you can start building a brand, getting loyal customers, etc, etc.

vurt wrote:dvla
I have had many gripes with my esteemed colleagues in our sister agency, not about sinthesisers usually though.

tachometers?

vurt wrote:tachometers?
Category D licences if you must know. :lol:

well, its good to get the inside info on what the civil service gets up to.
ill be phoning rupert murdoch directly with this hot potato!

I have to say I’m a little jealous of this guy. He’s managed to coax every possible sound out of his ~100 synths.

People, still after 30 odd years, haven’t yet found every sound in the Jupiter 8 and yet this guy has already found the limits of infinitely more complex synths. 100 times over to boot. Talented much.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:I have to say I’m a little jealous of this guy. He’s managed to coax every possible sound out of his ~100 synths.

People, still after 30 odd years, haven’t yet found every sound in the Jupiter 8 and yet this guy has already found the limits of infinitely more complex synths. 100 times over to boot. Talented much.

and he looks like alan partridge.

ah ha!

Narrator: "It wasn't an emergency."

Cinebient wrote:I wonder about the focus on synths only so far.
I have myself now so many (not many as you) and i think it´s possible to get 1000´s of sounds out of every synth.
I feel myself saturated with synths now since i think i have the best from everything (at least what it´s the best for me).
FX is where i see a bigger gap. Creative FX, Delays and reverbs and whatever can transform every synth in something else.
When i go trough some presets and create my own i find it these days more interesting than programming a synth.
Otherwise i find the most creative and interesting thing to make specific multi-instruments for DAW´s. Where a patch include several instruments, FX, MIDi FX etc.
There is so much someone can do. Limit yourself and you will be frustraited :D
I also agree that there might be a market for wagtunes but i listened to a lot demos and think also other sound designer put much more work into their presets, especially for performance and an organic feel to play them.
If you like no critic you should not start these threads.....but you know that of course.
But it´s simply true that there are sound designers which do well will lots of presets banks for the same synth.
Maybe out of topic but i still find a lot of the Alchemy presets the most interesting in terms of creativity and sound design. I was waiting for these sound sets like a child on Christmas (my favorite is still Martin Walkers Steamworx). These were mainly 150 presets which sometimes needed months to create. Even the 8 variations inside one preset often included more variety than other synth presets on it´s own.
There are lots of great Zebra and Omnisphere and whatever presets and it seems there is still a market for more.
If you even cant´t find the next tool......you might need just more creativity and new ideas.
Sorry, but sometimes it sounds more like you are just are searching for the next trainwrecked thread (even if it´s your own) or you need more social contact in any way :D
I know you don´t want to hear that and so i will leave this thread and you can go on to fight against windmills.
I wish you good luck!
This is a very insightful post!
:clap:
To me, the Alchemy presets are an "Encyclopaedia of Sound Design." Over 85 top professionals contributed! I think the synth architecture was only part of its attraction. Alchemy also had a 'culture' that rewarded outstanding work and set a high standard for quality. As an example, check out this demo for my favourite Alchemy sound bank, Iceland:
https://vimeo.com/84584717
I appreciate those developers who work hard to create a safe and collaborative culture for users. I also respect those individual pros who share their creative process through streaming (e.g. PluginGuru) or video demos (e.g. Simon). All of them help me learn ways to 'push the envelope' of possibilities, and open my ears to the sounds in this world!
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Can we make these topics a little less troll bait ?

If those synths listed are not enough, then you need to find another hobby.

Igro wrote:If those synths listed are not enough, then you need to find another hobby.
its not a hobby, its his business.
i agree he has enough synths, but he feels hes exhausted their moneymaking potential so seeks a new synth to do soundsets for.

while i disagree with him, hes made his decision as an adult, he has the right to do so without being attacked.

vurt wrote:
Igro wrote:If those synths listed are not enough, then you need to find another hobby.
its not a hobby, its his business.
i agree he has enough synths, but he feels hes exhausted their moneymaking potential so seeks a new synth to do soundsets for.

while i disagree with him, hes made his decision as an adult, he has the right to do so without being attacked.
That’s fair :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Instruments”