Roland TR-808 available on Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So far, Im pretty impressed with it. This is a totally sensible TR-808 substitute that makes me almost not miss my old 808(s).

Did they make it have individual outputs or is it (stupidly) just a stereo out?

EvilDragon wrote:Did they make it have individual outputs or is it (stupidly) just a stereo out?
You could use up to 11 Sub Outputs with the Roland Cloud TR-808 plugin.
The Sub outputs have to be activated at the "Sub Output" entry in the Option menu to have an audio output from them.

It also has a nice graphical pattern editor (EDIT button) for easily editing the patterns.

Like with other Roland Cloud plugins you could create custom banks, in this case for saving you own patterns.

The "Panel" button offers a second page with additional knobs for each instrument (e.g. gain and panning knobs).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Good, they didn't f*ck it up then. Nothing would surprise me with Roland, they're capable of doing the most ridiculous limitations for absolutely no reason (example: Sound Canvas is 16 part multitimbral but it has NO individual outputs!).

The cool feature is that you can drag and drop patterns into a MIDI clip on your DAW.

That's also a basic necessity for any plugin that has some sort of sequencer...

What advantages brings this over samples?

Just askin. Somehow since daws i was never seeing the advantages from drum maschine in eg fl studio
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:What advantages brings this over samples?
It's essentially a modelled analog synth, which mean the drums can be varied "electronically" according to the synth models, and the produced sounds aren't the same every time.

Some people will be perfectly happy with samples (lets face it, there are a million different sources of 808 samples available), particularly ones recorded well with nice boutique gear, but the purists always appreciate a good emulation...

I think it is great they released this, I'm still not interested enough to subscribe, but drum machines definitely help fill out Roland's Cloud offering.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

EvilDragon wrote:That's also a basic necessity for any plugin that has some sort of sequencer...
Do you really have to jump and passively piss on Roland in any Roland thread on KVR? Good Dinosaur my ass. Are you really that sad?

Did NI added resizable GUI in Kontakt yet? Ya know kinda basic necessity for any plugin these days.

Even Roland managed to do it for most of their latest VSTis...

Well no, it has properly resizeable (i.e. not a blurry mess when enlarged) GUIs only for FEW of their latest offerings. Anything they released before D-50 looks like crap :)

Also I'm not passively pissing on Roland. I WOULD be doing that if they had released TR-808 with only stereo outs. In fact, I would be actively pissing on them then :)

Also note some other Roland threads here, I participate in some of those discussions perfectly normally. Are you really that sad that you need to call me out in a generalized statement which isn't true (i.e. implying I piss over Roland in ALL Roland threads, which I don't - I purely observe what Roland does solely on their own merits from my perspective, not my problem if you don't like that perspective)? :)

EvilDragon wrote:Good, they didn't f*ck it up then. Nothing would surprise me with Roland, they're capable of doing the most ridiculous limitations for absolutely no reason (example: Sound Canvas is 16 part multitimbral but it has NO individual outputs!).
Multitimbral. lol. This isn't 1985.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

EvilDragon wrote:Well no, it has properly resizeable (i.e. not a blurry mess when enlarged) GUIs only for FEW of their latest offerings. Anything they released before D-50 looks like crap :)

Also I'm not passively pissing on Roland. I WOULD be doing that if they had released TR-808 with only stereo outs. In fact, I would be actively pissing on them then :)

Also note some other Roland threads here, I participate in some of those discussions perfectly normally. Are you really that sad that you need to call me out in a generalized statement which isn't true (i.e. implying I piss over Roland in ALL Roland threads, which I don't - I purely observe what Roland does solely on their own merits from my perspective, not my problem if you don't like that perspective)? :)
This quote "Good, they didn't f*ck it up then. Nothing would surprise me with Roland, they're capable of doing the most ridiculous limitations for absolutely no reason" really doesn't leave you any credibility with this post.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Good, they didn't f*ck it up then. Nothing would surprise me with Roland, they're capable of doing the most ridiculous limitations for absolutely no reason (example: Sound Canvas is 16 part multitimbral but it has NO individual outputs!).
Multitimbral. lol. This isn't 1985.
Of course it isn't, yet multitimbral instruments still exist and are alive and well. And I would expect them all to have multiple outputs for external processing, yes. This is not an unrealistic expectation.
BMoore wrote:This quote "Good, they didn't f*ck it up then. Nothing would surprise me with Roland, they're capable of doing the most ridiculous limitations for absolutely no reason" really doesn't leave you any credibility with this post.
Yeah, right. Keep saying that to yourself ;) Roland has a long history of doing some ridiculous limitations on a lot of their hardware, it's not about credibility, it's about facts.

EvilDragon wrote:
Of course it isn't, yet multitimbral instruments still exist and are alive and well. And I would expect them all to have multiple outputs for external processing, yes. This is not an unrealistic expectation.
Of course it is. Multitimbrality hasn't been a usefull VST feature for 20 years.

EvilDragon wrote: Yeah, right. Keep saying that to yourself ;) Roland has a long history of doing some ridiculous limitations on a lot of their hardware, it's not about credibility, it's about facts.
I don't need to tell myself anything. This wasn't about Roland "facts". It was about you pissing on Roland. The fact.

Return to “Instruments”