Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Also, Anthology Orchestra is sampled from the SR-JV80-02 Orchestral Expansion Board for JV/XV sound modules. So it's basically a rompler of a rompler lol.

The Anthology stuff is being done by some dweeb using an autosampler... And apparently doesn't know a thing about these synths. It's on par if not worse than those illegal $20 sample packs on eBay. Anthology Orchestra is basically unusable.

Romantique Tp wrote:The Anthology stuff is being done by some dweeb using an autosampler... And apparently doesn't know a thing about these synths. It's on par if not worse than those illegal $20 sample packs on eBay. Anthology Orchestra is basically unusable.
Probably true, but we have the orchestra card as a VST now and it’s very good,,,,not sure we need the anthology stuff at all, seems to be just filler whilst we wait for the modelled VSTs....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:
Romantique Tp wrote:The Anthology stuff is being done by some dweeb using an autosampler... And apparently doesn't know a thing about these synths. It's on par if not worse than those illegal $20 sample packs on eBay. Anthology Orchestra is basically unusable.
Probably true, but we have the orchestra card as a VST now and it’s very good,,,,not sure we need the anthology stuff at all, seems to be just filler whilst we wait for the modelled VSTs....
Pretty much, tbh! I'll never say 'no' to more 90's patches, but I do agree that it's more like a teaser for what's coming up next than anything else :).

Concerto VST (to play the anthology libs) has "normal" knob behaviour. ..funny.

They should offer to choose from 2 knob behaviours for all VSTs.
- WonderEcho -

While having all modeled emulations installed currently i only kept two of the Concerto plugin sample libraries from Roland Cloud installed which are the new Anthology 1993 (= JD-990) and Anthology 1990 (= D-70) which are both based on samples of "ROMplers" (or "sample based synths" to be precise...).
I had installed most other sample libraries too (including teh FLAVR series) but had deinstaled most of them.

I like the Anthology 1993 library and with 192 patches (in all 3 volumes) it is also the biggest one of the synth based libraries.

At the moment the plugin i would like to keep after 12 months (which now is around 2 month away) is the SRX Orchestra plugin. Before that it was the JV-1080 but the SRX Orchestra plugin includes the full synth engine and all samples of the JV-1080 plugin besides the new SRX samples and presets.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Yes, I would probably agree (then the 808 and System 8)...its a good sign that the more recent the plug in the better it is...Roland (or whoever is writing the plugs) are getting g better, they just need to peak before they get to the really good stuff :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Klinke1 wrote:Concerto VST (to play the anthology libs) has "normal" knob behaviour. ..funny
The Concerto plugin is I'm fairly sure developed not by Roland but by Virtual Sonics, which explains the differences in framework behaviours...

Ingonator wrote:At the moment the plugin i would like to keep after 12 months (which now is around 2 month away) is the SRX Orchestra plugin. Before that it was the JV-1080 but the SRX Orchestra plugin includes the full synth engine and all samples of the JV-1080 plugin besides the new SRX samples and presets.
If they released an 'SRX Studio" or "SRX Vintage Synth", would you still pick the SRX Orchestra..?

Ingonator wrote:..*snip.. the SRX Orchestra plugin includes the full synth engine and all samples of the JV-1080 plugin besides the new SRX samples and presets.
woah *speechless. (good info)
- WonderEcho -

I would love to have the 101 and sytem-100 i bought from the shop, appear in the cloud as "owned".. because.. i feel dumb now.
They were on sale..ok.. but wtf.. that's not nice. (rude/i'm shocked)
- WonderEcho -

beely wrote:
Ingonator wrote:At the moment the plugin i would like to keep after 12 months (which now is around 2 month away) is the SRX Orchestra plugin. Before that it was the JV-1080 but the SRX Orchestra plugin includes the full synth engine and all samples of the JV-1080 plugin besides the new SRX samples and presets.
If they released an 'SRX Studio" or "SRX Vintage Synth", would you still pick the SRX Orchestra..?
Well, i'll decide when the 12 months are over and see what is available then. If the SRX Vintage synth plugin is available until then i would prefer that one for sure as this seems to be the kind of "ultimate" expansion board from all of them. FWIW i had the vintage synth expansion card with both the XV-3080 and JV-90 when i owned them.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Well, i'll decide when the 12 months are over and see what is available then.
You might not need to decide - no one knows how this will work yet, but it maybe that you have an account option to "Claim your plugin" with 12 months accrued but you might not have to do it immediately - so you can continue to be subscribed, and see what else comes along that takes your fancy! ;)

You might not need to decide at all until you quit the Cloud for good, as you'll be able to use them all anyway.

Ingonator wrote:While having all modeled emulations installed currently i only kept two of the Concerto plugin sample libraries from Roland Cloud installed which are the new Anthology 1993 (= JD-990) and Anthology 1990 (= D-70) which are both based on samples of "ROMplers" (or "sample based synths" to be precise...).
I had installed most other sample libraries too (including teh FLAVR series) but had deinstaled most of them.

I like the Anthology 1993 library and with 192 patches (in all 3 volumes) it is also the biggest one of the synth based libraries.

At the moment the plugin i would like to keep after 12 months (which now is around 2 month away) is the SRX Orchestra plugin. Before that it was the JV-1080 but the SRX Orchestra plugin includes the full synth engine and all samples of the JV-1080 plugin besides the new SRX samples and presets.
Looking at the Roland Cloud website, this looks correct~!

The key different, and perhaps the main reason they chose to make each card it's own separate plugin, is that the SRX Orchestra only comes with the orchestral patches and not the factory ones from the JV1080 plugin. Still would have been better to just have all the cards on a single plugin, but oh well. It's hardly a deal-breaker or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHE1d8xI1Mg

Have a look at this video to hear what it sounds like and the reviewer's thoughts!

Shiek927 wrote: The key different, and perhaps the main reason they chose to make each card it's own separate plugin, is that the SRX Orchestra only comes with the orchestral patches and not the factory ones from the JV1080 plugin. Still would have been better to just have all the cards on a single plugin, but oh well. It's hardly a deal-breaker or anything.
Recently KVR member Beely had posted the JV-1080 banks converted for SRX Orchestra here.
The JV-1080 banks do not seem to load directly at the current version of SRX Orchestra.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”