Acustica Audio Lemon: Dreamware Multi Tap Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have absolutely no idea why or how it works.. but it does. Sources just seem to be less chaotic and thus sit in the mix. I can also use really high amounts of feedback, yet everything stays coherent and non-cluttered.

I truly have no idea how or why it works.. frankly, I don't much care about the "why" either. I just care about the end results and I can not get any other plugin delay to sound or behave like Lemon. Not even close.

I posted a rather obnoxious audio demo over at gearslutz that tries to show this blending capability and just how much feedback is possible to use (check the delay tail after the loop stops).

Audio clips here:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12899392-post15.html
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:Try now
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Demo needs authorizatin. Can't find info on how to do this. Aquarius keeps asking for my user/pass when I hit "Purchased"

Debutante wrote:
Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:Try now
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Demo needs authorizatin. Can't find info on how to do this. Aquarius keeps asking for my user/pass when I hit "Purchased"
Try the old auth.procedure.

Acustica Audio Plugin Authorization/Download Tuto…: http://youtu.be/E2MQrX9_Lvs

I notice on the Acustica download page there now seems to be three setups (changed as of December 2017) -

Lemon Stereo - Release A (709Mb)
Lemon - Release F (394Mb)
Lemon Stereo Lite - Release A (695Mb)

If I just download Lemon Stereo rel A would I be covered for all usages of the plugin, or due to the accuracy of all stuff Acustica would I need to download Lemon rel F as well if working on mono material ?

Those are all separate releases / separate plugins.

However, in this day and age I highly recommend using Aquarius, their download and license manager. It's a single click install for everything.

Oh I do, just that I like to backup my installers to another drive just in case I need to reinstall stuff in the future and not have to spend ages re-downloading everything (and in the case of IK Multimedia, so I don't have to pay to re-download the packs I've already purchased!)

I was just wondering what'd be the reason to install one version instead of the another, the 'Stereo lite' version for example seems to be almost the same size at the normal 'Stereo' one and nearly double the size as the 'Release F' version which I'm guessing is mono ?

It wastes less screen space, and it is lighter on cpu

Is there something special you have to do to make the ZL versions work like the normal ones? I notice the latency is considerably lower (though not 'zero' as I was thinking the name suggested but 264 samples vs ..gulp .. 4592 samples) and the CPU very slightly higher (about 5% greater for every tap added) but it makes everything sound like its being run through heavy ring-modulation - like a robot is trying to sing back each delay tap - so isn't really of any practical use

My CPU is nowhere near being maxed out (~25% usage), but it seems like the plugin is really struggling for some reason. Is there a practical way of getting the ZL version to work or should I not bother with that version and just use the one with the massive latency?

Just wondering if anyone else still has issues with using the ZL version of Lemon? I can't get it to output anything but the robot-y buffer overrun (underrun?) sound as described above

The ZL versions are zero-latency and thus incredibly heavy on the CPU even if your DAW says otherwise (or even windows resources), especially if you run any other sampling rate other than 44.1kHz. I've managed to get it working at the studio at rather high buffer settings (which kind of kills the ZL advantage) but there we have a beast of a machine. I think it's just very sensitive to transfers of data between memory blocks or something. Not sure how it works but it's one of the heavier Acustica Audio plugins and one of the most difficult to get running in real time/low latency mode.

At home when noodling with guitar plugins I usually have LemonSTLZL version running (that's Lemon stereo light zero-latency) and this one I can use real time while playing guitar.. but the full LEMONZL has zero chance of running in real time on my home system, thus I only use LEMON while mixing, never the ZL version.

So yeah, try the LEMON ST L (light) version.

I hope we get a Core 13 updated version of this. I suspect it may benefit quite a bit from all the new advancements in terms of CPU usage and how responsive the UI is.

Hi guys,
I’m thinking of picking up Lemon in the current sale.
I use mac, how is it on the cpu and does it do reverse?
Cheers

It's probably extremely brutal on the CPU on Mac (it's on Windows too) and no, it doesn't do reverse delays.

It's not a "flexible" delay in the traditional sense. It's one that does basic multi taps and single delays (+ping pong per tap) with a crazy amount of differing colors. If you need more specialized and complex delay functionality like heavy modulation and such then Lemon is not the plugin to get.

If you need a delay that lends itself extremely well for technical mixing purposes (thickening and layering sounds with delays instead of reverbs) then this is definitely worth considering, even with the high CPU usage. The way it just sits in a mix is hard to beat (though there are contenders).

Hopefully Acustica Audio decides to update it in the not so distant future to their latest engine revision. That should bring down the CPU cost a bit and make the UI a lot more responsive.

bmanic wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:11 am Hopefully Acustica Audio decides to update it in the not so distant future to their latest engine revision. That should bring down the CPU cost a bit and make the UI a lot more responsive.
Agreed, we need Core13 for this one. Really liking Lemon but cannot bring it up in busy projects atm...
More BPM please

Return to “Effects”