Analog Obsession releases two new plugins! (Reduced prices)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmanic wrote:.. there's also something really weird goin on with the free MPReq plugin, when you have two or more of them after one another. It's like the phase is rotating all the time or something weird, so sending a constant periodic dirac through the chain of two MPReq instances (in series) yields periodic weird results.. cycling from normal to weird.
I can mirror that.

And what you call weird I call "plain distortion"... (when piling two MPReq's)

Is this going to be "The Turkish Antress" affair ?... :(
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I don't know about the meaning of 'Antress' but he was warned a long time ago, even several times. You can visit the developers forum to see the most recent ones.
~stratum~

stratum wrote:bmanic,

Just curious, what was the interval between those periodic dirac pulses you have used for testing the MPReq plugin?
No idea.. a few bars at 120bpm tempo. I have a single sample dirac that I just loop in Reaper.
Halonmusic wrote:Are there plugins that do those dirac pulses?
You can create one easily in any audio editor. It's just a single sample at full volume and all other surrounding audio at zero. Any editor that lets you draw or move the sample points should suffice.

Then just setup Voxengo SPAN to show the RT Max value.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:

Just curious, what was the interval between those periodic dirac pulses you have used for testing the MPReq plugin?
No idea.. a few bars at 120bpm tempo. I have a single sample dirac that I just loop in Reaper.
I have never looked at how two consequent dirac pulses look in FFT results any recently when more than one is within the period of a FFT window, but I presume the result cannot get as weird as the picture that you have posted. I suppose Voxengo SPAN uses a long enough window and does proper smoothing around the corners in any case.
~stratum~

bmanic wrote:

Halonmusic wrote:Are there plugins that do those dirac pulses?
You can create one easily in any audio editor. It's just a single sample at full volume and all other surrounding audio at zero. Any editor that lets you draw or move the sample points should suffice.

Then just setup Voxengo SPAN to show the RT Max value.
Ok thanks.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

bmanic wrote:Speaking of instances, these new plugins are absolutely BRUTAL on the CPU. Harqules takes much more CPU than any of the Acustica Audio plugins for instance
You're not wrong! On this PC, Harqules goes to 12%, whereas SKNote Ch5 (first plugin I picked at random) takes 0.7% and that is a pre-amp, eq and compressor.

A little optimisation would help, I think!

What's even stranger is, if I load up one instance all is good. If I load up two instances in series, the audio gets more and more distorted over the space of 5 seconds and Reaper just dies a death. If I then remove those instances, Reaper doesn't recover until I restart it. Never had this before.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
bmanic wrote:Speaking of instances, these new plugins are absolutely BRUTAL on the CPU. Harqules takes much more CPU than any of the Acustica Audio plugins for instance
You're not wrong! On this PC, Harqules goes to 12%, whereas SKNote Ch5 (first plugin I picked at random) takes 0.7% and that is a pre-amp, eq and compressor.

A little optimisation would help, I think!

What's even stranger is, if I load up one instance all is good. If I load up two instances in series, the audio gets more and more distorted over the space of 5 seconds and Reaper just dies a death. If I then remove those instances, Reaper doesn't recover until I restart it. Never had this before.
Sorry to hear.

Now we're working on stability and CPU issue.Almost fixed.

We will update it soon.

Thanks.
http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

tunca wrote:
Now we're working on stability and CPU issue.Almost fixed.

We will update it soon.
The cause of this bug is pretty obvious even without seeing a single line of your code.
Do not use any global variables or unprotected shared state!
~stratum~

stratum wrote:
bmanic wrote:

I have never looked at how two consequent dirac pulses look in FFT results any recently when more than one is within the period of a FFT window, but I presume the result cannot get as weird as the picture that you have posted. I suppose Voxengo SPAN uses a long enough window and does proper smoothing around the corners in any case.
There's no way a dirac pulse at about 2 second intervalls would do anything strange.. if it would, I'd have seen these kinds of results before. I have never seen anything like it. It's very weird and very buggy.

Oh and my FFT resolution was set at 16k
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

There's no way a dirac pulse at about 2 second intervalls would do anything strange.. if it would, I'd have seen these kinds of results before. I have never seen anything like it. It's very weird and very buggy.
I have figured it out. He is using global variables because is struggling with C++. This was also apparent in his developer forum posts.
Fortunately it can be fixed pretty easily and I'm sure he will soon find a way. :wink:
~stratum~

Hi,

Harqules updated.

Improved oversampling and removed de-normals.

Harqules quick fix;

Fixed phase reverse issue.

Consider replacing the antialiasing filter with this one https://software.intel.com/en-us/ipp-de ... -functions
~stratum~

I have mixed opinions about Analog Obsession.

To me e.g. Fetish sounds really nice, but the plain GUI and the company website implies as if these wouldn't be that "hi-fi". But it might be the visuals tricking me.

What do others think of the sound quality of these?

soundmodel wrote:I have mixed opinions about Analog Obsession.

To me e.g. Fetish sounds really nice, but the plain GUI and the company website implies as if these wouldn't be that "hi-fi". But it might be the visuals tricking me.

What do others think of the sound quality of these?
Definitely better than the carbon compound resistors they model, but they do need more work :lol:
~stratum~

Return to “Effects”