The VSTi That I Would Pay $1,000 For

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...and now I give you.... the next generation in AI virtual music technology. 5 AI singers completely independently singing a beautiful rendering of Katy Perry’s ROAR.

:borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:

Dasheesh wrote:Maybe some members already are robots... can you tell the difference? :evil:
No, but they need a few bug fixes.

Dasheesh wrote:...and now I give you.... the next generation in AI virtual music technology. 5 AI singers completely independently singing a beautiful rendering of Katy Perry’s ROAR.

:borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:
Apt you chose a song that has the same 4 note synth melody all the way through, verse and chorus :lol:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

wagtunes wrote:
Hypocrites.
Yeah. We heard you the first 25 times :roll:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Hypocrites.
To be fair, that was yesterday :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Hypocrites.
No. That quote is from todays rantings ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Hypocrites.
I know. What I mean is we should allow him at least another 24 goes at it, today. If he doesn't wear himself out, he won't be able to sleep :tu:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Hypocrites.
I know. What I mean is we should allow him at least another 24 goes at it, today. If he doesn't wear himself out, he won't be able to sleep :tu:
8)

thecontrolcentre wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Hypocrites.
...angry again and its gonna be another rant craze. Never ending loop. :neutral:

wagtunes wrote:And you know what REALLY blows my mind? Whenever somebody comes here asking for a sample library of whatever instrument it is they're looking for, all the discussion about the libraries being suggested revolves around the REALISM of the library. Everybody is looking for the most REALISTIC sounding sample library and complain about libraries that don't sound REALISTIC.

I don't hear people saying "Oh no, I can't use THAT library. It's TOO realistic. Shame on them for making it."

The hypocrisy is so deep that I wonder if half you people even listen to the shit you spew out.

I'm just gonna take one quote of many, wags this is flaming and it's what gets you into to trouble and I think perhaps what thecontrolcentre was trying to get at when he asked who are you calling a hypocrite. Throughout this thread (as well as other threads) you do this. Your posts are loaded with attacks on members albeit often generalized and not always directed at one person. Meanwhile when members respond harshly you get upset that you're not being treated with respect.

Do you see the problem there? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

Here's the alternative, argue the points not the people. For instance the point can be hypocritical without calling the person a hypocrite because perhaps they dont see it that way. Stop this "everyone hates me" nonsense and launching preemptive attacks. By presuming everyone's post is going to be an attack on you make them self fulfilling prophecies then expect me or another to step in. thecontrolcentre's point was a good one if I understood him right and your response "everyone who..." just attacked everyone who. I just dont understand what you expect when you throw a blanket over everyone calling them names.

I also noticed you got very short with people who suggested you hire a singer because you of course already explained that that was out of the question. You know wags not everyone reads every post in a thread and may not even go back one page, often there is too much reading. But some of those people were probably just trying to give good natured suggestions and got pounced on. (I actually have a suggestion along those lines that does not involve hiring but I wont give it here because you'll just get angry because it's a compromise) Do you not see that you are indeed part of your own problem?

This cycle needs to stop and it's not all of KvR that is always the one at fault turning threads this way. Please wags see if from my pov, the quote in this thread is just a great example, you tell everyone they are spewing out shit, what do you expect? The cycle needs to stop and seeing how it seems you are a common denominator in many threads it wont stop until you make an effort. Again, argue the points not the person because even if you have had issues with the person you are addressing or vice versa does not mean that is the case now. Sadly I have been accused of taking sides here probably because I try to placate the situation and spare feelings. I'm done with placating, you are not the only one to blame at all and yes people here can be harsh but jeez stop with posts like I quoted and see how they only dig you in deeper. To tie it back to the quote above, I wonder if you listen to what you say.

:?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

hypocrates!

vurt wrote:hypocrates!
I just read Hink's very reasoned, measured and intelligent post, then I got to your response.... :lol:

:D

Hink made a very good point that I can't argue with because when he's right, he's right.

Okay, so let's argue the issue and let's try to do it without slinging mud, okay.

We attend a forum that essentially deals with lots of technology, most of it wasn't even heard of when I was growing up. I used to dream of getting a synth that could emulate real strings. That was my thing back in the late 70s. Of course you know how bad string machines were back then.

Now we have sample libraries that, at least to my ears, you can't tell the difference between them and the real thing. Certainly the technology is closer to realism than Vocaloid is to the human voice. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say sample libraries are a 9 and Vocaloid is a 5. So it has a long way to go.

These sample libraries seem to be "accepted" by the community at large. I am sure there is a minority who also feel that they are wrong as well. That violins should be played by real violinists. But for the most part, the technology is accepted and used. Otherwise, these companies would be in business. Agreed?

All I'm asking for is the same quality in technology for human voice synthesis but for whatever reason, this seems to be the cutoff point as far as acceptance goes. Sample libraries, yes, human vocal synthesis at the same quality, no.

I find this hypocritical. I don't see the difference between somebody who spent years learning to play the violin and somebody who spent years learning to sing.

So I'm open to somebody explaining to me the "ethical" difference.

Because I don't see it. And Hink, I'd like to know your thoughts on this too if you don't mind.

wagtunes wrote:But having a vocal plugin that sounds like a real human singer is no different from buying Chris Hein's Solo Violin which is virtually indistinguishable from a real violin.

This assumption, that a virtual instrument is indistinguishable from the real, might be true for you. Kids and young teens cannot distinguish an oboe from a violin. There is a very good example for a seemingly indistinguishable violin played by a Continuum player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nq3Q4t ... r_embedded

For me it is musically played top notch! But very distinguishable from a real violin. Ok, I learned to play violin in my youth, I can easily hear the difference...
Beside the intonation, which could be enhanced by practicing it more, the difference is physical, connected to the different body movements you need to do, to get that expression. And at the same time the musician playing that needed the same amount of preparation as a real violin player. Nothing to gain, if there would be a lack of talent...
If you wanted to control all these tiny details to get that expression by simply putting automation on all the midi controllers he is using by playing the Continuum, you would need 100 times the time to get even close to that expression. Nothing to gain for you if that envisioned plug with perfect physical modelling existed. Only a neural network coupd get close, but then the interpretation would have no meaning, it would be boring...

But music is first and most important about meaningful expression, with sound as medium. If it sounds the same, its still not the same musically.
Sound is the medium, not the music...

Your valid question is provoking those unwanted tips and advices. Everybody who answered will see and acknowledge the problem behind it. And also might see that it would not solve it.
Solving problems needs creativity. First step into creativity, is questioning your common solutions. You would never have the problem if they would work...
In the beginning you said you could not afford to hire a real singer. Did you go to that site where tons of musicians offer their skills for as little as 10$ per 30 seconds? Just give it a try, take one of your songs and test it. I bet it will be miles better than any Vocaloid attempt...
I would love to hear a result.
In the end I believe you are a composer in the first place, who would love to hear his music well performed...

Return to “Instruments”