Swirly Drums - price reduced to just $9 permanently

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Swirly Drums

A great way to "go commercial". I've enjoyed your libraries in the past and you've really outdone yourself with this one. Thanks much mate!

I really appreciate the kind words. And the drummer I made this with appreciates the response too - he wants to record samples of his hammered dulcimer this weekend. I've also started editing samples of that electric 12-string guitar I mentioned on the previous page. Not gonna lie - nothing convinces us that this stuff is worth doing as seeing that people find it worth buying.

DSmolken wrote:electric 12-string guitar .
Now you're talking...

Does anybody have a problem with the volume faders not showing up in the GUI, either anywhere or anywhere except the full kit instrument? It looks like SM Drums has that kind of problem with certain graphics cards, and I think I've found the cause and figured out how to solve it. So I'm wondering if Swirly Drums also might - it's got faders that basically work the same, just have a different size and colors.

Edit: got this tracked down, fixed it, and uploaded the fix.

Found and fixed another weird small bug - the high bongo insisted on magically tuning itself one octave down when hitting play in FL Studio, at least in certain projects. Still not sure why, but it now works correctly in those projects, so... hopefully this is the last bugfix needed, and I can get back to making new instruments.

Just a note of congratulations. Hope you sell a million.

I got some very positive comments when playing this last week - just trying to get comfortable with it. The micing is very good, I have to say, particularly how the muting of the various brush stickings takes advantage of it to get some ambience. The hi-hat, similarly, has very good muting. I'll probably see if I can tweak the dynamics a bit (e.g. on the pedal hi-hat) so it responds better to "gentle" playing.

Thanks guys. The hi-hat is pretty detailed, but like the drummer, it is pretty punk - the quietest brush hits are quiet, but even the quietest foot chiks are more like "kinda quiet" (mp) than "whisper-quiet" (ppp) so, yeah, it could probably be tweaked to feel more realistic, especially for e-kit use.

And selling a million would be quite optimistic, heh - all our free stuff put together is at a few hundred thousand downloads now.

It's the last two days of intro pricing, but let's make things interesting and do a flash sale.

From 12:00 noon CEST on Friday, March 30, 2018 until 12:00 noon CEST on Sunday, April 1, 2018 the price will be $9. Then it goes to the $29 regular price after that.

I'm not doing this so much to maximize profits, as out of curiosity what the effect will be.

I have to apologise for my comments about the hi-hat pedal -- for some reason, the kit on my TrapKAT had the lowest velocity set to 32! Once I fixed that, it was fine... :dog: :oops:

Heh, no prob. Mapping the lowest layer of the chiks was a little odd, because they're not really something drummers normally play at barely-audible super-soft levels.

And the $9 sale pricing is now live, for another 48 hours and some minutes.

I said I wanted to learn something, well, that was interesting - might have to do another sale around Black Friday! For now, back to grinding away at that 12-string guitar!

I did say we might do another sale back in April, and now we are - Swirly Drums is just $14 until December 6th at https://www.karoryfer.com/karoryfer-sam ... irly-drums. Secret Agent Guitar is also on sale, and Frankensnare is at intro pricing.

In the meantime, Scott from SM Drums also ported Swirly Drums to Kontakt, so they now work both in Sfrozando and the full version of Kontakt.

On sale for $9 until the end of January! Now that we have three products and are working on a fourth, let's try putting a different thing on sale each month, and see how that goes.

Last two days to get them at $9. Friday morning I set the price back to $29.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”