Which Cakewalk instrument should Bandlab update? (Poll now multiple choice)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Which Cakewalk instrument should Bandlab update?

Beatscape/Cyclone (or some hybrid of the two)
3%
Pentagon
6%
PSYN
3%
Rapture Pro
27%
Session Drummer
2%
SFZ/SFZ+
8%
Studio Instruments
1%
Z3ta+
44%
Other
2%
Fish
3%
Triangle
2%

Total votes: 236

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote:I'm not a Mac hater I just have never understood the desire to pay more, get less, and spend the rest of my life begging for Mac versions of Windows software. Just to be one of the "cool kids" is not enough incentive for me...... :hihi:
I can easily explain why, I use Apple computers since Apple][ times, though in the beginning it was a clone...; - )
After getting into programming my own software, there appeared the Atari. A lot got into digital music production with that machine, but I was going for Opcode Max and later Studio Vision. No Atari or PC versions in sight for long...
There was also Logic, which was available for Win and Mac for some time at least. Until Windows 7, Microsoft operating systems had been simply a nightmare... I bet it is much better now, but still on a Mac you never need to think about something like a registry or drivers for class compliant interfaces...
Believe me especially for the last computer I got, I was considering a PC. But comparing the prices, it would have been not cheaper and would have been so big, I could not transport it on my bike (I got a used Mac Pro with 10-cores).
Ok, you can buy crap hardware which runs Windows, but if you don't have the money to get a new mac, you can get a decent used one. Most likely in a better shape than a crap cheap noname... If you want the same quality, you pay at least the same for a Win machine...
Nowadays, software is not an issue anymore, you can get most Mac software for Win as well, not the other way round, but I do not miss anything... Most Win only is not that interesting.
For developers a Mac is the dream machine, you can run OSX and Windows on the same hardware...
80% of my musician friends who work with a computer have a mac, I am in my own bubble...; - )
For me I pay more and get much more...
I do understand why many use Windows. No problem with that.
I just wait for my main tools to be ported to Linux, then I would switch to an open system. I am pretty pissed by Apples world domination tendencies, they try to compete in that regard with Microsoft...
So far Max/MSP and NI is missing. Bitwig and Ardour run fine on Linux...

Teksonik wrote: Can't find any statistics for the Music Production Market where the percentage is no doubt higher but I doubt it's anywhere near 50%.
Talking with developers from Ableton in 2004, the days when Apple was clinging on to PPC chips that couldn't keep up with Intel, even then it was 50/50 sales wise for them. In Fact almost every time it's been brought up and some developer has talked about it, it's 50/50.

Looking at every Windows PC used at a check out counter or in an office and counting up that percentage, or being influenced by it in the least in terms of the music industry is worthless. For instance for years Pro Tools was not as good on PC as on Mac, and that was a huge influence on the market.

Even anecdotally here in Microsofts backyard, people are more likely to use a Mac over a PC. I hove no doubt the numbers are still the same now that even a moderately priced Mac or PC laptop can get you a good track count. Again anecdotally I use macs but at some point when this 09 mac pro takes a dump I'll probably replace it with a PC that I'll use with VEP to a MacBook Pro... Not everyone is partisan about OS.

I remeber some years ago, attending a festival where all those Linux geeks hang around, 50% of those ran Linux on Macbooks... Obviously they thought they get more bang for the buck with that hardware... I know also some who prefer an iMac running Windows only vs another All-In-One...

digitalboytn wrote:
machinesworking wrote:Rapture is pretty cool but it's more or less a glorified rompler.
Mmmm....Rapture is so much more than a rompler Monsieur Machine....

You can use Kontakt for that task :lol:

Dimension Pro was more in the rompler mode....

The Dimension engine that Rene created,is the heart of Rapture and Dime Pro and it's quite advanced with excellent specs....

There's not too much aliasing in those audio engines :wink:
:hihi: Really it's just my experience with Rapture Pro (which I bought because I owned Z3ta+2 and there was a cross grade offer), it was at first a buggy mess. There are cool ways to manipulate the sounds, but it's not at the level of Falcon or anything. Obviously none of these are full on Romplers, it's just that I thought Rapture Pro had less ability to fully manipulate the sounds than either Kontakt or Falcon etc.

Konakt is a sampler, before Falcon I would use it all the time as one.

machinesworking wrote:Again anecdotally I use macs but at some point when this 09 mac pro takes a dump I'll probably replace it with a PC that I'll use with VEP to a MacBook Pro... Not everyone is partisan about OS.
Yeah, VEP is the way, thinking about similar path, need to stay on Logic, have decent PC, best of both worlds. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Yea prefs and first loves win the daw game. Still new apple hardware is just f*ckin wack. Seein some long-time apple fans kickin their old rigs to the curb to get a pc to build a hackintosh.

So still got osx goin strong with them and all but it's not gonna be on mac hardware like it should be. Who knows what probs that makes for devs and how long that can go on right? I mean apple aint known for legacy compatibility so that hack job is a ticking suitcase ahahaha

Everyone turning this into a Mac vs PC thread is really lame.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

I voted for z3t4+. I think it's a classic and I hope it will be maintained (and I also hope it will receive the bugfixes it deserves).
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

mumpcake wrote:Everyone turning this into a Mac vs PC thread is really lame.
Where's the mac vs pc man? All I see is apple slammin. Lotta concern about osx these days for damn good reason but who the f*ck is sayin to jump to windows? It's all coping with sinking ships now man.

Sides it makes sense to bring apple up here when talkin bout plugs and development. It always is. I mean do you make plugs for a dying os or do you skip it and piss off a buncha good peeps? I'm alright with an osx version of zeta or whatever gets an update but I wont use it cus I'm not in that ecosystem you know? Don't mean shit to me either way cus cakewalk looks like a zombie to me rn ahahaha. But the speculation round here is that a small dev might not care to try for osx and there's real reasons for it right? Bandlab aint a big company so who knows if they gotta pare it down to just one platform... and that's where discussion went.

But hey you wanna be a sourpuss bout thread direction? Cmon man there's nothin else to say. Pick a thing on the poll and that's it man. All the good points on any choice are like 3 pages ago...

Does anybody have the link to the workaround for installing Rapture and Dimension Pro in later OSX versions, I couldn't find it...well, I thought I had, but all I got was Chad having sent PMs to people...cheers

Wow, guess I missed something. Cakewalk was acquired by Bandlab :o Nice to know. What happens to my old account though, any info on this? Also, is bandlab a chinese company?
"We are very excited to be bringing Cakewalk Inc's products into the BandLab Technologies stable. Cakewalk has been an industry leader in professional music software, delivering cutting edge technology that has empowered producers and artists alike around the world for more than 30 years. We have immense respect for Cakewalk's legacy and the incredible community of people who love the brand and rely on its products in both their personal and professional lives." -Meng Ru Kuok, BandLab Technologies CEO
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:Wow, guess I missed something. Cakewalk was acquired by Bandlab :o Nice to know. What happens to my old account though, any info on this?
See here: https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowle ... cement-FAQ
What happens to my account?

At this time, our servers and website will remain active. You will be able to utilize your software without interruption, and will have access to your account and products as normal.

But what if the servers do go down?

If or when the servers are taken down, we will make sure you have a way to authorize your products without using any of our current online authorization steps. We're working on a mechanism for if this does occur, to ensure our users will not lose functionality moving forward.
For now, you can still access your account via Cakewalk's website, as always.

Does z3ta+ V2 come with an effects version of the plugin,
as is included with V1.5? I voted for a new Z, thinking perhaps
such an addition would be good and easy, if not already present.
Cheers

Looks like the majority,like myself,just wish Rene would come back and breathe new life into his creations
that have little to do with cakewalk other than the fact that they hired him in an effort to make their DAWs
more competitive in the market
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

digitalboytn wrote:
machinesworking wrote:Rapture is pretty cool but it's more or less a glorified rompler.
Mmmm....Rapture is so much more than a rompler Monsieur Machine....

You can use Kontakt for that task :lol:

Dimension Pro was more in the rompler mode....

The Dimension engine that Rene created,is the heart of Rapture and Dime Pro and it's quite advanced with excellent specs....

There's not too much aliasing in those audio engines :wink:
Agree that the sound of DimPro, Rapture and Z3ta is of high quality with plenty on manipulation available

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Return to “Instruments”