Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sweet. I do want a Charvel at some point. Still suffering the budget pinch from our move last year.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

honestly I feel taken. I would have been better off buying new from sweetwater.

The color is trans-black blood red It's hard to see.

The neck is horrendous. When I got it it was tuned down to C and had serious back bow.

It seems for every niggle I fix with the neck a new one crops up. I was going to take the strings off. tape it all up and polish the frets. O yeah, the prior owner replaced the JB TB4 in the bridge with an SD Custom. When he did he messed that up and the pole pieces don't align directly under the strings. So as you move up the fretboard playing on the higher strings the notes completely cut off.

Those things being said....
The neck profile is awesome. It has a Soft V back which is much smoother than the MM/EVH's and Peavey EVH's I've tried in the past. The frets are extremely low and I loved playing all over the neck untill I got up to the upper frets. Not because of the compound radius design but due to the sporked neck. I'm going to have to raise the action a little bit.

The weight is right as rain. It's got a certain amount of heft to it without dragging one down The neck pup is stunning to my ears. The bridge on the otherhand is a SD Custom with a mid boost. It has power but it's no 80's shredder. Still have no clue as to why the original owner would swap pups.

It's a heartbreaker. I don't have the money to replace the pup. I don't know if I'll be able to salvage the neck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

KIMG0039.jpg
pup
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

wow, that kinda sucks.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

hazards of purchasing 2nd hand I guess. I’ve had more wins than losses (excluding buy it now stabs whilst intoxicated by the exuberance of my own intoxication.)

New amp day. Orange rocker 32. A stereo amp (about time too) It’s the little box in the middle with 2 x10s in it. Nowhere near perfect, It has top controls which I hate and fx loops in a stupid spot kinda inside and underneath. Here’s what’s going on:

completely chaotic and jury rigged, gone back to a stereo wet dry wet system with the rocker 32 driving stereo fx through the 2x12s (four of them) and the 15 watt handsome devil driving the 2 ten inch speakers in the orange 32 cab. all drives going the centre only, fx out the sides. sounds monstrous and requires altering of every single level in the presets...If it sticks, I’ll midi most of it up.

I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

that's a beautiful rig

Finally placed an order for that 7-string guitar I've been lusting after for God knows how long. It's gonna be this one:
https://www.thomann.de/fi/esp_ltd_m_17_blk.htm

Sucks that I still have to wait 15 days for it to be shipped, but oh well.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

this one is tempting. alder strat body, but with twin P90s. $130 (129.95)

http://www.rondomusic.com/product9389.html

Don't do it. You'll have to replace everything in a week.

check out this ibby... poplar body... $120 (119.99)

I hope this isn't going to be anybody's here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4applk_4Xs4

I could never imagine paying that much for an electric.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:I could never imagine paying that much for an electric.
Neither could somebody else :)

not gonna get another that i know of but for shits and giggles... this was my last one that i purchased a couple of months back :)

always wanted a Wolfgang but did not want to pay the "Music Man" price so i figured i would support Eddie in his new line and it saves me from painting one of my other guitars OD Green :tu: lol cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

it's got some practical, 'old school' knobs... with this color, it reminds me of the ehx 'soviet fuzz' pedals... ymmv... looks like a fantastic guitar.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”