need new weird Sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have liveslice which is really cool, but doesnt offer much CC modulations. I use direct wave too, its ok, i can control the start position with a midi controller. I must imagin there has to be other weird samplers out there, stuff that really mangles the sound.

Im still trying to avoid learning max, hoping there is some more toys to play with.

Any suggestions?

Bliss is probably going to be available this week.

Linplug CRX4 is good, development is stopped though.. But still available from Linplug site at 49$.

Glitchmachines Polygon is also very very good.

Reaktor has some very weird and interesting samplers.
:borg:

zoogoo wrote:Im still trying to avoid learning max, hoping there is some more toys to play with.
Whenever I come across a sampler, I think, in Max its a bit more to do, but exactly what I envision. So the weird stuff I do always in Max/MSP. All bread and butter is better and easier with the standard tools...
Ok, there is a learning curve, I do it since Max 2.5. But at cycling you have a vibrant community to help out.

Give up the resistance and learn Max, its fun, and a whole new world...

Bliss is going to be one to keep an eye on. It might be a great solution, but I would also suggest looking at New Sonic Arts if you can afford it. They are over priced, but if it’s what you want and can afford it....

I’m actually demoing some NSA software right now. Today is my birthday and thinking of making an extravagant purchase for myself. Been staring at these plugs for a long time. Wish they were on sale but I’m really liking them. Maybe some others who own NSA can chime in and let us know if they are worth the price tag.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Check out Polygon & Cataract from Glitchmachines ...
https://glitchmachines.com/products/polygon/
https://glitchmachines.com/products/cataract/

Those GUI’s are almost impossible to work with. I bought (I think it was polygon) and it was so small and hard to see I needed a magnifying glass. Another thing that bothered me was everything was obscurely label with just one letter for things that are not available on normal plugins. Like you literally had to just guess what it stood for. They sound great though. It was a lesson for me. Demo first... as much as you hate to download those demos and clog your system with orphan files... demo first.

Check New Sonic Arts Granite. Very well done and built, easy to use and fun. Granular synthesis used in a 'sampler' philosophy, to mangle beyond recognition any audio material you want.

Neon Breath wrote:Check New Sonic Arts Granite. Very well done and built, easy to use and fun. Granular synthesis used in a 'sampler' philosophy, to mangle beyond recognition any audio material you want.
It’s pretty basic in operation and still sounds hard and glitch (very digital sounding granular) but ya, that’s what I’m looking at. They also have other great sampler options the OP might like more.

Dasheesh wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Check New Sonic Arts Granite. Very well done and built, easy to use and fun. Granular synthesis used in a 'sampler' philosophy, to mangle beyond recognition any audio material you want.
It’s pretty basic in operation and still sounds hard and glitch (very digital sounding granular) but ya, that’s what I’m looking at. They also have other great sampler options the OP might like more.
Yeah I agree with you, it’s not the best sounding granular sampler around. But its workflow is unique and easily leads to a creative path, especially with those loop points & parameters recordable gestures.

Neon Breath wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
Yeah I agree with you, it’s not the best sounding granular sampler around. But its workflow is unique and easily leads to a creative path, especially with those loop points & parameters recordable gestures.
Sorry for the long quote on a phone, I’m lazy, but yeah the loop points really help it and I like that you can play they sample with a keyboard. I already have geist 2 and grain space... so I can already do what granite does... probably better then what granite can do... but I like playing with granite. In the end that’s what it’s about. It’s fun. If NSA wants it to be worth the price tag they need to give a variety of Windows besides just control over attack, and they need to give me more grains with better spread options. Like I said though... it’s an extravagant birthday gift for myself. The other sampler options might work better for the OP.

Check out Shortcircuit if you can run 32 bit plugins. I'm not sure whether you can control Start Point via CC but there is a very comprehensive modulation matrix that can control a lot of parameters. It's actually a shame that this great piece of software was never updated into the modern 64bit world (the developer now works for Bitwig).

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/shortc ... mber_audio

Dasheesh wrote:
Sorry for the long quote on a phone, I’m lazy, but yeah the loop points really help it and I like that you can play they sample with a keyboard. I already have geist 2 and grain space... so I can already do what granite does... probably better then what granite can do... but I like playing with granite. In the end that’s what it’s about. It’s fun. If NSA wants it to be worth the price tag they need to give a variety of Windows besides just control over attack, and they need to give me more grains with better spread options. Like I said though... it’s an extravagant birthday gift for myself. The other sampler options might work better for the OP.
Honestly, in term of audio engine Granite is due since already a long time for a major update. More grain streams and overlaps, more window shape as you said, etc. But it still has that unique workflow I haven't seen elsewhere. So easy to come up with something. It just sounds a bit too harsh sometimes unfortunately.

Neon Breath wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
Honestly, in term of audio engine Granite is due since already a long time for a major update. More grain streams and overlaps, more window shape as you said, etc. But it still has that unique workflow I haven't seen elsewhere. So easy to come up with something. It just sounds a bit too harsh sometimes unfortunately.
Just demoing last night and today. That sums up my impressions. Still... it’s fun. Grains space + granite gives me a more lush grainular as well. The best granular I’ve ever heard was the old c sound guys.. but honestly... who the dump has time for that any more. I won’t even go that geeky. Max is the next best option, but I’ve never been that guy that sits in a dark corner for three weeks and builds a grain patch. I’ve been preaching and saying this for more then a decade. The kids want granular. I just want granular. An organic, real time, playable grain filter.

Sorry for the highjack OP. I didn’t mean to. /rant over.

:edit spell check.

Return to “Instruments”