Kilohearts Ultimate EDM Toolkit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:Well, I've made my decision. I am going to be picking this up before the sale ends. I love the workflow and how easy it is to create complex FX chains.
A very good decision.
This plugins is a very easy way to create YOUR sound.think about it and do it !

wagtunes wrote:Well, I've made my decision. I am going to be picking this up before the sale ends. I love the workflow and how easy it is to create complex FX chains.
I picked it up too. It's like a sound canvas with the snapins being the paint and brushes. It's so easy to use and to "paint" really interesting sounds in an intentional way.

plexuss wrote:
I picked it up too. It's like a sound canvas with the snapins being the paint and brushes. It's so easy to use and to "paint" really interesting sounds in an intentional way.
Your endorsement means a lot. Looking forward to working with this. Just need another $25 in my PayPal account. LOL.

I used it in this track on the distorted lead. I used Multipass to apply movement and panning to the high end of the lead but not the rest of the spectrum. This gives the lead some motion and also sort of makes its sound like 2 leads playing in unison where one moves around and the other doesn't.

It's not a great example because the lead is burried in with all the other tracks. But the point is that I wanted to give the lead some movement and the question was how to do that. I reached for Multipass and was able to get what I was thinking in short order, and it was fun to do - the UI and workflow I find fun to work with.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/mist-trees

Quite like it. What did you use to bring in movement?

Thinking of picking this up...

It would replace portions of what I would normally use Guitar Rigs "Container" for.. but GR has been totally broken and buggy (for months now..), and I don't know if NI's ever gonna fix it.

Anyway.. this looks like a great substitute.

plexuss wrote:I used it in this track on the distorted lead. I used Multipass to apply movement and panning to the high end of the lead but not the rest of the spectrum. This gives the lead some motion and also sort of makes its sound like 2 leads playing in unison where one moves around and the other doesn't.

It's not a great example because the lead is burried in with all the other tracks. But the point is that I wanted to give the lead some movement and the question was how to do that. I reached for Multipass and was able to get what I was thinking in short order, and it was fun to do - the UI and workflow I find fun to work with.

Kind of hard to tell what the lead is doing but the track itself is very well done. Really enjoyed it.

Fleer wrote:Quite like it. What did you use to bring in movement?
Here's the Multipass setup for the lead. The lead itself is a distorted synth, through a compressor and delay (and some other assorted static colouration processes). Then it goes through Multipass and then some PSP reverb.

It's nothing ground breaking. however kHz gave me the ability to get to where I wanted without having to instantiate plugins in the usual way in the DAW and have everything right in front of me which made the task more efficient and immediate.

I use the phase distortion with a slow sine mod on the Drive to modulate some added distortion. Then through a phaser to give the whole lead some textural motion.

Then, on the high end 3k and higher, I use the resonator in the key of the song and a compressor to control the resonances. Then another slow sine modulation on the pan for that band to give the lead some dimentional motion. Of course the sonics <3k are as usual with the band >3k panning throughout the track.

Here's the lead soloed:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/mi ... lo/s-sw3Wh
Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 4.47.55 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

plexuss wrote:I used it in this track on the distorted lead. I used Multipass to apply movement and panning to the high end of the lead but not the rest of the spectrum. This gives the lead some motion and also sort of makes its sound like 2 leads playing in unison where one moves around and the other doesn't.

Great! Very easy to tweak with a lot of effects.

Stupid question time. Going to purchase this today. But there's no way to demo it first is there? I would like to just make sure it actually works in my DAW because stuff happens.

What s your daw ?

wagtunes wrote:Stupid question time. Going to purchase this today. But there's no way to demo it first is there? I would like to just make sure it actually works in my DAW because stuff happens.
There's a free/try option on them site.
<https://kilohearts.com/products/khs_toolbox>

hivkorn wrote:What s your daw ?
Cubase 7

nordickvr wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Stupid question time. Going to purchase this today. But there's no way to demo it first is there? I would like to just make sure it actually works in my DAW because stuff happens.
There's a free/try option on them site.
<https://kilohearts.com/products/khs_toolbox>
Thanks. Going through the steps now. Hoping it works.

OMG, there is a separate license for every single effect.

Return to “Effects”