Which DSP Or VST Plugins Do You Recommend For A Internet Radio Station??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What DSP or VST plugins do recommend for a internet radio to get the best aduio quality I am looking for free plugins. I am using Zararadio 1.6.2 I am using Sqrsoft Limiter compressor Enhancer 0.17 and Rocksteady. Zararadio audio sounds kinda crappy and has about 30% much treble I use to use Radioboss and the auto is like 40% to 50% better than Zararadio. Even with these plugins the audio from Zararadio still sounds kinda crappy.
Playing the best Rap Hiphop R&B Soul Funk from the 1970s to early 2000s over 17k trax in the playlist streaming from Houston TX http://phatbeatsradio.com

i can recommanded this for you :

http://hornplans.free.fr/mbprocess.html

Standalone and vst avaible.

This plugin looks pretty good has anybody ever used it http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=535
Playing the best Rap Hiphop R&B Soul Funk from the 1970s to early 2000s over 17k trax in the playlist streaming from Houston TX http://phatbeatsradio.com

Mbprocess is pretty good only thing I do not like about it is there is no way to change the bass and treble levels treble is a little high. So are there any other good VST plugins with limiter compressor and equalizer that would work with a internet radio station??

ReaPlugs
https://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/
should be perfect for your application.

Sonic Anomaly has some great sounding plugins that are beautiful, and free. In particular, their TriLeveler (broadcast voice leveler), VOLA (voice optimized leveling amplifier), Unlimited (limiter/loudness), and QuadraCom (multiband compressor) are worth looking into for your needs.

Can you explain your problem in a bit more detail? I don't understand how an internet radio stream would end up with the wrong frequency balance or what you are applying dynamics processing to. How do you level match your content?

Why are you looking for everything to be in one plugin?

I definitely will not want my mixes to be "enhanced" for an Internet Radio stream!

In the old days processing was applied to the audio because of the shortcomings of the media (limited dynamic and frequency range of an AM radio). There is NO need for additional audio processing, except level match, for audio stream though the internet. Even 192kbps stream is WAY better than AM and FM ever could be.

Do not mess with the artists and producers intent! If it's too dark or too bright it was meant that way!

Level match your tracks (there are players with this feature) and pay more attention to compiling playlists and that's all.

I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

meloco_go wrote:I definitely will not want my mixes to be "enhanced" for an Internet Radio stream!

In the old days processing was applied to the audio because of the shortcomings of the media (limited dynamic and frequency range of an AM radio). There is NO need for additional audio processing, except level match, for audio stream though the internet. Even 192kbps stream is WAY better than AM and FM ever could be.

Do not mess with the artists and producers intent! If it's too dark or too bright it was meant that way!

Level match your tracks (there are players with this feature) and pay more attention to compiling playlists and that's all.
This x1000.

I wish more people would understand that if you're playing music that wasn't mixed by complete idiots all the "enhancements" are just compensation you are doing to make your own sound system and listening environment sound more to your subjective liking - which will in turn sound totally crap on someone else's system.

JB Broadcast

Liero wrote:
meloco_go wrote:I definitely will not want my mixes to be "enhanced" for an Internet Radio stream!

This x1000.

I wish more people would understand that if you're playing music that wasn't mixed by complete idiots all the "enhancements" are just compensation you are doing to make your own sound system and listening environment sound more to your subjective liking - which will in turn sound totally crap on someone else's system.
While this is certainly a valid view point, the OP asked for plugin recommendations, not a lecture on the philosophy of music streaming.

It's like, "Which compressor should I use for X?" answered with "Oh no man, don't use compression, it ruins music!"

funky lime wrote:While this is certainly a valid view point, the OP asked for plugin recommendations, not a lecture on the philosophy of music streaming.

It's like, "Which compressor should I use for X?" answered with "Oh no man, don't use compression, it ruins music!"
Well, if X is other people's released music it get's a different ring, doesn't it?
Like "Which compressor should I use for Dark Side of the Moon?"
I really hope, with all due respect, that OP forgoes this idea. I didn't mean to be scolding or anything, and I did get my share of schooling when I had some weird ideas.
But then, maybe I simply didn't understand OP all too well.

meloco_go wrote:
funky lime wrote:While this is certainly a valid view point, the OP asked for plugin recommendations, not a lecture on the philosophy of music streaming.

Well, if X is other people's released music it get's a different ring, doesn't it?
Like "Which compressor should I use for Dark Side of the Moon?"
I really hope, with all due respect, that OP forgoes this idea. I didn't mean to be scolding or anything, and I did get my share of schooling when I had some weird ideas.
But then, maybe I simply didn't understand OP all too well.
OP didn't even specify if it was a music show, or talk radio, etc.

Plus there are other things to consider, like adverts, talky bits in between songs, guest callers, amateur mixing/mastering on tracks being played (maybe it's exclusively amateur/indie), sound effects, transitions, loudness/standards specifications compliance, etc.

There's the potential, anyway, for it to be a bit more involved than just slapping a limiter on someone else's music (or abstaining from doing so :tu: )

funky lime wrote:OP didn't even specify if it was a music show, or talk radio, etc.

Plus there are other things to consider, like adverts, talky bits in between songs, guest callers, amateur mixing/mastering on tracks being played (maybe it's exclusively amateur/indie), sound effects, transitions, loudness/standards specifications compliance, etc.

There's the potential, anyway, for it to be a bit more involved than just slapping a limiter on someone else's music (or abstaining from doing so :tu: )
Fair point, on the other hand OP did mention Limiter compressor enhancer :roll:

Return to “Effects”