Opinion on Leveling Tool?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been trying the Audio Tools Leveling Tool in the last weeks and it sounds really good, could you try it and tell me your opinion about it?

http://audiotools.se/downloads/leveling-tool/

If you think it sounds really good why would you care about another person's opinion ? :?

If I say it sucks will you stop using it ? :lol:
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:If you think it sounds really good why would you care about another person's opinion ? :?

If I say it sucks will you stop using it ? :lol:
No, but more opinions on it could be useful, my ears aren't always "trustworthy".

Interesting find. I downloaded and tested it out. I also ran it through Plugin Doctor compared to the IK 2A. the IK 2A and Leveling Tool don't share anything in common in terms of their response on these tests: Freq response, phase shift, dynamic curve, attack/release response, THD and IMD - they were dissimilar. Although they are both in the same ball park in terms of dynamics curve at 2:1, with the Levelling Tool being a little more agressive in terms of gain reduction.

But that aside, the Levelling Tools sounds really good. I tried it with synth strings and real vocals and it imparted a really nice smooth texture and everything was under control. Very nice - worth the $5 asking price. It's also more versatile than a 2A.

Purchased.

plexuss wrote:Interesting find. I downloaded and tested it out. I also ran it through Plugin Doctor compared to the IK 2A. the IK 2A and Leveling Tool don't share anything in common in terms of their response on these tests: Freq response, phase shift, dynamic curve, attack/release response, THD and IMD - they were dissimilar. Although they are both in the same ball park in terms of dynamics curve at 2:1, with the Levelling Tool being a little more agressive in terms of gain reduction.

But that aside, the Levelling Tools sounds really good. I tried it with synth strings and real vocals and it imparted a really nice smooth texture and everything was under control. Very nice - worth the $5 asking price. It's also more versatile than a 2A.

Purchased.
You can get it for free if you want, but I know the dev thanks you for buying it.

Now, IIRC Leveling Tool isn't an LA-2A emulation, so maybe that's why it's so different from the IK 2A. What kind of compressor (gear or plugin) do you think the Leveling Tool resembles the most?

heavymetalmixer wrote: You can get it for free if you want, but I know the dev thanks you for buying it.

Now, IIRC Leveling Tool isn't an LA-2A emulation, so maybe that's why it's so different from the IK 2A. What kind of compressor (gear or plugin) do you think the Leveling Tool resembles the most?
Yes, I downloaded it for free first to try it and then I went back and paid for it.

Not sure what it resembles. It might be unique.

I think the "leveling" here just basically means compression with a very slow response time so it operates on overall longterm (macro) dynamics, not reacting to individual transient peaks.

Compressors with very slow attack and release should be what you're looking for. Go deep on the threashold and maybe high on the ratio too.

heavymetalmixer wrote: my ears aren't always "trustworthy".
Fix that fam.

Return to “Effects”