Studio DESKS??

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I might want to buy a decent studio-desk to get a maximum pleasure, when making music. I consider building one myself, at least then I could precisely get a spot-on working desk for my needs. But, if you know a place over a net, that sells em, then I'd be keen to check em out too. It would not make sense to order a pre-built one from America as example, but maybe someone builds/sells them in parts that I could construct then??

Right now I have a white PC-Desk, but my midikeyboard should be at lower level in height. I haven't googled anything yet as i was thinking to ask you first.

But: Here's an idea, maybe there's a desk that wasn't made for music purpose, but it works like a charm?
And I might want to throw 250€ maximum for a studio-desk.

Check out
Lets see some studio pics
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7760&start=3525
for ideas.

My studio
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7760&p=6718002&hili ... c#p6718002
File cabinets used to support Desktop.

Kalamata Kid wrote:Check out
for ideas.

My studio
That's not what i asked for (i.e. checking pics of studios) but links to sites that build & sell them. And like I said, maybe there are desks that work for music making even if they were not made for that. :)

deep'n'dark wrote:
for ideas.

My studio
That's not what i asked for (i.e. checking pics of studios) but links to sites that build & sell them. And like I said, maybe there are desks that work for music making even if they were not made for that. :)
Sorry,

But in any case I got my stuff cheap at garage sales or thrift store.
Now days I would try Craigslist.

Sorry again and hope that someone properly answers your question.

Kalamata Kid wrote:
deep'n'dark wrote:
for ideas.

My studio
Sorry,

But in any case I got my stuff cheap at garage sales or thrift store.
Now days I would try Craigslist.

Sorry again and hope that someone properly answers your question.
No problem, but yeah, thrift shop may have something, good idea, thanks!

Try also a new or used Office Furniture store.
Lucky for me I am a bit handy so I sort of costumed my desks.

I should add, they are not pretty but they are very functional!
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

I couldn't find anything pre-fab with the desktop space that I wanted, except for some options in the $1,000's. So I opted to build my own desk using a solid core door as the desktop.
I purchased a 80"x30" solid core door for about $70, applied three coats of poly-stain $14 (allowing a couple weeks to allow to complete: apply, dry, light sand, repeat), propped up on some filing cabinets and desk legs from Ikea.
Then I purchased a pair of Ikea RAST nightstands, cut the "legs" off to make it shorter, applied the same poly-stain, and installed rack rails. Set my monitor speakers on those on either end of my desk. Although, I'm considering taking those out and making an 80" long shelf to go just above the desk because I want more open desk space for gear.
Point being... you can't beat the amount of desk space that a pre-fab door can provide.

Mine is an IKEA Nørden kitchen table, bought in 2005. My Father-in-Law built the shelves and put in a sliding drawer for the computer keyboard, which I don't use, too low. It would've been nice if I had planned on a 61 key midi controller, but I didn't. Other than that, it works quite well, and cost me about €100 for the table and a bit more for the shelves' wood.
P1110085.jpg
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Ikea Fredde - can easily hold a PC and two MIDI controllers on either side, and up to two 27" monitors.

The lower shelf could hide some rack units, the same is for upper shelf. I don't have any to show, but keep lots of accessories on top shelf.
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”