Zebra 2.8 Skin - Where is the FX lanes grid file?!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to modify the look of the FX Lanes grid (in red box) on the Original skin for Zebra 2.8 (to match the lanes grid above it), and I can't find this file anywhere!? Does anyone know what this pane file is called, and/or where I can find it?

For those playing along at home, I found the header for the Patches screen, which was a little tricky!!! But where oh where is that FX Lanes grid file!?!?

Thanks!

PS - all this is strictly for my personal enjoyment, i.e., not for a commercial venture of any kind.

Last edited by SciFiArtMan on Thu May 03, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I had such good luck with my first plea for help, I thought I'd give it another go! :)

I'm looking to change (increase) the text size of the XY parameters (in red box), but can't find the place to change them anywhere!? I've plowed through all the scripts and FontSize descriptors I can find, but I can't find a way to change these lines.

So if anyone knows how to change (increase, because they're TDS, IMO!) the font size of these text areas, I'd love to know!?! :wink:

Thanks!

Code: Select all

CONTROL type='Label' name='XY1sml' bounds='25.00 308.00 165.00 97.00' parent='Top Panel' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='XY1sml' name='colours' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='XY1sml' name='colours' id='1' value='dark Text'
PROPERTY control='XY1sml' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PARAMETER control='XY1sml' port='Text' module='ZMas' parameter='XY1T'

CONTROL type='Label' name='XY2sml' bounds='228.00 308.00 165.00 97.00' parent='Top Panel' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='XY2sml' name='colours' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='XY2sml' name='colours' id='1' value='dark Text'
PROPERTY control='XY2sml' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PARAMETER control='XY2sml' port='Text' module='ZMas' parameter='XY2T'

CONTROL type='Label' name='XY3sml' bounds='430.00 308.00 165.00 97.00' parent='Top Panel' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='XY3sml' name='colours' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='XY3sml' name='colours' id='1' value='dark Text'
PROPERTY control='XY3sml' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PARAMETER control='XY3sml' port='Text' module='ZMas' parameter='XY3T'

CONTROL type='Label' name='XY4sml' bounds='632.00 308.00 165.00 97.00' parent='Top Panel' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='XY4sml' name='colours' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='XY4sml' name='colours' id='1' value='dark Text'
PROPERTY control='XY4sml' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PARAMETER control='XY4sml' port='Text' module='ZMas' parameter='XY4T'

FX grid is at least easy... search for name="EffectsGRID"

Thanks for your input, EvilDragon! But I was looking for the image pane file (PNG) for the EffectsGRID so I could match it (color & contrast) with the lanes above it. I can't find any "EffectsGRID" file (or similar) on my computer, and I don't understand how to match the grid images through the "EffectsGRID" area of the script.

I also saw the "XY1sml" parameters in the script, but again I see no way to change the FontSize using the given options in the script. I tried inserting various guesses into the Values, but I couldn't find anything that worked. Later today I'll try adding " 'FontSize' id='0' value='10.00' " to see if that gets it done.

Also, what program are you using to view this script? I'm using Notepad (which I realize isn't the right tool), but my scripts are all jumbled together and not all neat and properly tabbed as your script looks. Sure would make all this easier if I could view it as yours looks!

Thanks again!
Last edited by SciFiArtMan on Thu May 03, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm just using Sublime Text but the script file looks the same in any text editor I open, really. :) Notepad should be plenty fine, but you should change the font it uses to a monospaced one (like Courier New). It helps a lot with code :)

And yes, if you want to change the font size, you would do:

Code: Select all

PROPERTY control='XY1sml' name='FontSize' id='0' value='12.00'
Then repeat that for all others.

As for the FX grid, I don't see any image for it either. You just need to change the colors themselves in the script file, I think.

Well, I was able to change the XY info text size, and that's going to be all for now, as I can't make much sense of the FX Grid area of the script (as far as changing colors). The FX Grid is a minor issue at this point, as I've now been able to change all the major texts, panels, and colors to my liking.

I still can't understand why there is no pane image (PNG) file for that FX Grid!? Sure seems like the easiest way to do that function, with the text boxes as overlays on the background image file. Oh well...

Thanks again for your help, EvilDragon!

You should just go ahead and change colors defined for EffectsGRID manually, one by one. My suggestion is taking a really bright color (like full-on red) so you can easily see which color is used in which area of the grid. Then define colors you want for those particular areas.

Return to “u-he”