One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/liqih/later-piano
Later Piano

DAW Ableton Live
10 X JuceOPLVSTi with 10 presets made from scratch.

Ableton audio effects used on tracks:
Reverb, Delay, EQ-Eight, Overdrive (a very little), Limiter.

ps. piano tracks are unquantized, as played.
Using also automated params in JuceOPLVSTi, x64 in Windows 10
Last edited by liqih on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

has anyone had luck automating OPL parameters? (I'm using AU version, Logic Pro X).

some really wicked sound design can be had when automating the modulator amount slider. I can see the option in my DAW but cannot "latch" the automation movements...

mmGhost wrote:has anyone had luck automating OPL parameters?...
I've automated an ADSR with no issues.. but that's a VST on PC (Win7) in Studio One.

Could just be an AU issue.

TheNeverScene wrote:
progtronic wrote:Was expecting a lot more entries by now.. or maybe folks are still working on 'em up to the last moment.

I know I'm having some mixing issues, trying to tone down all these punchy/bright FM sounds. :help:
LOW PASS EVERYTHING!! lol Even if heavily high passed :/ Then just run it all through Klangelstein's Mixer Fixer vst using the Moderate Ear Bleed preset.
:lol:

I've doubled up on EQs for most of the instruments.. the second, just pulling down the high end. Seems to be working.

Am also automating a lot of spot repairs, with an EQ that affects a range of problem frequencies.. also seems to be working OK.

And.. if "Klangelstein's Mixer Fixer" existed, and it was free.. I'd totally be using it on this. :D

progtronic wrote:I've automated an ADSR with no issues.. but that's a VST on PC (Win7) in Studio One. Could just be an AU issue.
thx, does the dev read this forum? kind of the 11th hour but if there is a quick fix (assuming this is unexpected behavior) i'd certainly benefit...

mmGhost wrote:...does the dev read this forum?
Haven't really seen him.. I think we're on our own.

Sorta feel spoiled after the whole Fathom thing, and having the Dev be right on top of everything. :-|

progtronic wrote:
mmGhost wrote:...does the dev read this forum?
Haven't really seen him.. I think we're on our own.

Sorta feel spoiled after the whole Fathom thing, and having the Dev be right on top of everything. :-|
This synth seems pretty solid for what it is, though - at least in a Windows environment. I had practically no issues with it for the three songs I used it - no unexpected behaviour at all. And I love how it's obviously built around general midi - all these ready-made FM slap basses, shakuhachis and goblins á la 1992 kept popping up while tweaking.

I did some automation in Windows/Studio One as well - no problems. So I guess that strengthens the AU theory.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

schiing wrote:I did some automation in Windows/Studio One as well - no problems. So I guess that strengthens the AU theory.
ok then... byebye neuro sounds :(

:)

Stohgs wrote:Stohgs - KVR-OSC-110-JuceOPL

https://soundcloud.com/stohgs/stohgs-kv ... 10-juceopl

One Synth Challenge: OSC 110 JuceOPL

Wanted to give this challenge a try to see if I could mange it. Used several layers of JuceOPL in FL Studio 12 32x. Used only built in reverb and delay from within FL Studio and the JuceOPL plugin itself. Started out shaping my own preset patches with JuceOPL layer by layer. Happy how I got 4 instances of JuceOPL to create the drum/percussion for the instrumental. 7 instances to create different instrument sections as Sub Bass, Music Bell, Organ, Solo String and a few synth sounds. It wasn't too hard and quite fun tbh. Arp sounds came out good from how I programmed the midi melodies with it) Adjusted a lot of the controls right from the JuceOPL interface to create the different type of sound styles. It's a bit repetitive but solid enough. Total of 11 instances of JuceOPL to make this. If anyone is interested in the custom patches I made for this synth send me word and I'll send it to you.

[11 Instance of JuceOPL List]

1. Bass Kick Drum (Digi Kick)
2. Bass (Digi Sub Bass)
3. Bell (Digi Music Bell)
4. Hats (Digi Hats II)
5. Organ (Digi Org)
6. Snare (Digi Snare II)
7. Solo String (Digi Solo String)
8. Synth (Digi Synther)
9. Synth (Digi Robotiks)
10. Synth [Digi World]
11. Tom (Digi Tom)

[3 Instances of FL Studio VST]
1. Reverb,
2. Delay,
3. Soundgoodizer
This is awesome! Love it! Favorite so far.

mmGhost wrote:has anyone had luck automating OPL parameters? (I'm using AU version, Logic Pro X).

some really wicked sound design can be had when automating the modulator amount slider. I can see the option in my DAW but cannot "latch" the automation movements...
In Reaper Windows, the normal setting up a "last touched" parameter didn't seem to work, but using the manual drop down list did. It sounds like you're trying to "latch" via a controller. Can you create an automation lane to just draw it in? No clue if latching to a controller worked in Reaper, since my controller is on the barge :)
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote:In Reaper Windows, the normal setting up a "last touched" parameter didn't seem to work, but using the manual drop down list did. It sounds like you're trying to "latch" via a controller. Can you create an automation lane to just draw it in? No clue if latching to a controller worked in Reaper, since my controller is on the barge :)
that does kind of work... but i don't know if i have the patience to design neuro basses this way... maybe i'll try one more time.

mmGhost wrote:...i don't know if i have the patience to design neuro basses this way...
This months challenge has resulted in a lot of personal compromise on my part.. I'm barely sane at this point. :lol:

liqih wrote:https://soundcloud.com/liqih/later-piano
Later Piano

DAW Ableton Live
10 X JuceOPLVSTi with 10 presets made from scratch.

Ableton audio effects used on tracks:
Reverb, Delay, EQ-Eight, Overdrive (a very little), Limiter.

ps. piano tracks are unquantized, as played.
Using also automated params in JuceOPLVSTi, x64 in Windows 10
One of the finest works of this month's OSC for me (both in terms of sound design as well as engaging composition). All the best, mate! :tu:

Lots of Jazzy stuff this month. :tu:

...that was a hint, BTW. :P

*madness incoming*

Return to “Instruments”