Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2773 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:42 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

jsp1979 wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:I wonder how difficult it is to send a personalized offer? There can´t be that many combination.

I got the following mail:
"Buy V Collection 6.1 now for 199 € instead of 499 € , and receive 3 amazing sound banks for free.
CHECK OUT YOUR PERSONAL OFFER".

When I log in to my account to check the personal offer, it is the same, as in the generic mail: $ 199.

The email is personalized. That's why the prices match.

In that case their mail is missleading.
It says "log in to your account to check your personalized offer".
As we see, plenty of people are unaware of this. Bad marketing from Arturia.
planetearth
KVRian

1301 posts since 10 Jul, 2006, from Tampa

Postby planetearth; Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:04 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

JerGoertz wrote:
Gribs wrote:My personal price for the upgrade was $199 again. I own a license for version 5 as well as SparkL, Beatstep Pro, and KeyLab 88. I consider the current state of Collection 6 to be a $99 upgrade so I am waiting. If Arturia adds something else interesting or drops the upgrade price to $99 then I will bite. Otherwise no.

Ditto.

Same here. I think we're all in agreement on this one. :wink:

Steve
Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife.
SLiC
KVRAF

2641 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:28 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Funny think is I have 2 licences as I got one with hardware....I have a V2 and a V5 - 199 upgrade from both.....that’s amazing value for the V2 licence (I should realy upgrade it to V6 and sell the V5!)
Current Gear: i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, System 1m, Korg ARP, P6, Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, MPC Live, OP-1, Mother 32, Dominion Club, Roland TD8 and HPD-20, Guitars, Basses and Amps
noiseboyuk
KVRAF

2338 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Postby noiseboyuk; Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:45 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

planetearth wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:
Gribs wrote:My personal price for the upgrade was $199 again. I own a license for version 5 as well as SparkL, Beatstep Pro, and KeyLab 88. I consider the current state of Collection 6 to be a $99 upgrade so I am waiting. If Arturia adds something else interesting or drops the upgrade price to $99 then I will bite. Otherwise no.

Ditto.

Same here. I think we're all in agreement on this one. :wink:

We're in the position we were. All those who find enough value will already have bought it, leaving everyone else still not quite up for the jump. OK, there are three expansions now, but it's not quite enough, is it?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD
JerGoertz
KVRAF

2007 posts since 19 Feb, 2004

Postby JerGoertz; Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:06 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Maybe this summer they'll do another deal on the upgrade, like a few years back. (Like I actually need any more synths.) In any case, enough from me about this, Arturia have made it very clear this is their "best price forever and ever" so there's no point speculating about it. ;)
A well-behaved signature.
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2773 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:09 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

JerGoertz wrote:Maybe this summer they'll do another deal on the upgrade, like a few years back. (Like I actually need any more synths.) In any case, enough from me about this, Arturia have made it very clear this is their "best price forever and ever" so there's no point speculating about it. ;)

"Forever" is a long time... :arrow:
Except in the marketing jargon. :hyper:
onerob
KVRist

174 posts since 28 Oct, 2014

Postby onerob; Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:33 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

I guess there's always the chance that Black Friday will be the day for the $/€ 99 upgrade.
killmaster
KVRian

820 posts since 4 Oct, 2003

Postby killmaster; Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:26 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

killmaster wrote:Anyone know when NKS is supposed to release for the newest additions (Buchla Easel, DX7 etc...)?

New template for Buchla looks pretty good but am wondering why the "Types" don't match. In the Buchla, the preset categories are called "Types" but the names are different from the types that show up in the KK browser. Is this because NI has their own basic set of categories that are actually separate from Arturia's? Little confusing there especially for me just starting out. If that is the case, I'm wondering if there is a way to match them up. (Probably not...)
zadillo
KVRist

96 posts since 24 Jan, 2017

Postby zadillo; Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:43 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

I just don't see how Arturia will be able to ever actually drop the price on the upgrade lower than $199 with how many times they have said that this is the best price you'll ever see for this upgrade (and even now they've got a Best Price Guaranteed badge on the page). They seem to have gone out of their way to explicitly tell customers that they won't get a better upgrade price.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

29477 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:46 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

killmaster wrote: Is this because NI has their own basic set of categories that are actually separate from Arturia's?

Yes
killmaster
KVRian

820 posts since 4 Oct, 2003

Postby killmaster; Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:50 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

aMUSEd wrote:
killmaster wrote: Is this because NI has their own basic set of categories that are actually separate from Arturia's?

Yes

thanks again!
cthonophonic
KVRist

72 posts since 1 Jan, 2018

Postby cthonophonic; Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:40 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

zadillo wrote:I just don't see how Arturia will be able to ever actually drop the price on the upgrade lower than $199 with how many times they have said that this is the best price you'll ever see for this upgrade (and even now they've got a Best Price Guaranteed badge on the page). They seem to have gone out of their way to explicitly tell customers that they won't get a better upgrade price.

Oh, they'll find a way. There is a limited pool of users who own V Collection 5, and once everyone who's willing to pay the $199 price has upgraded, they'll start offering lower prices to get the remaining users on board. The badge is essentially meaningless, as there's no accompanying information clarifying just what it guarantees. It's probably just "the best price right now, for you, personally" or even "the best price you'll find anywhere on this webpage."
fmr
KVRAF

7326 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:51 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

cthonophonic wrote:
zadillo wrote:I just don't see how Arturia will be able to ever actually drop the price on the upgrade lower than $199 with how many times they have said that this is the best price you'll ever see for this upgrade (and even now they've got a Best Price Guaranteed badge on the page). They seem to have gone out of their way to explicitly tell customers that they won't get a better upgrade price.

Oh, they'll find a way. There is a limited pool of users who own V Collection 5, and once everyone who's willing to pay the $199 price has upgraded, they'll start offering lower prices to get the remaining users on board. The badge is essentially meaningless, as there's no accompanying information clarifying just what it guarantees. It's probably just "the best price right now, for you, personally" or even "the best price you'll find anywhere on this webpage."

Or Arturia simply adds more value to the package and launches V Collection 7, with a $199 price for those who bought V Collection 6 and $299 price for those that didn't :hihi:

Seriously, don't you think that if Arturia did what you want, those customers who bought the upgrade at $199 trusting it would never be lower than that would feel pissed and betrayed? And for what? Just to add a few more customers, that don't even value enough their work? :dog:
Fernando (FMR)
ghettosynth
KVRAF

11035 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:02 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

fmr wrote:
cthonophonic wrote:

Or Arturia simply adds more value to the package and launches V Collection 7, with a $199 price for those who bought V Collection 6 and $299 price for those that didn't :hihi:

Seriously, don't you think that if Arturia did what you want, those customers who bought the upgrade at $199 trusting it would never be lower than that would feel pissed and betrayed? And for what? Just to add a few more customers, that don't even value enough their work? :dog:

V7 will be $199 on intro just like V6. Your model is just not sustainable and Arturia knows that. At some point, the value proposition will be high enough that holdouts will purchase.

BTW: It's not true that the holdouts don't "value" Arturia's efforts, it reminds me of that joke about agreeing to sleep with someone for a cool million vs a quarter, we're just haggling over the price.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
noiseboyuk
KVRAF

2338 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Postby noiseboyuk; Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:10 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

ghettosynth wrote:V7 will be $199 on intro just like V6. Your model is just not sustainable and Arturia knows that. At some point, the value proposition will be low enough that holdouts will purchase.

I honestly can't remember - do Arturia follow the NI model and upgrade prices are the same regardless of version?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments