Host with better PDC than in FL Studio?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im shocked! with recent plugin purchases like from Soundradix, oeksound etc. which sadly bring plugin delay and fl studio not being able to do it seriously i was shocked ? by the reply of image line
reflex wrote:
Caine wrote:how can i work then with those plugins inside fl studio?
arent other DAWs able to make this? if so i wonder why fl studio cannot do and how long we have to wait?
it would make my plugins like soundradix etc. unusable then and fl studio look bad... fl studio user since 10 years and cannot understand how such IMPORTANT features are still considered not important and fixed asap.
There are many important things to implement and fix in FL. This will take time.
so is fl studio just BAD? or do other DAWs have also those problems?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Bitwig got good PDC, that was the issue they resolved quite early in their development.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I know ProTools allow up to 16384 samples delay total - but that's all.
Have not seen figures on other daws, if there is a limit.

But some plugins, phase linear eq and lookahead limiters have more than that even.
Longest I have though is Waves L3, if it is around 3000 samples.

But if you start adding many instances of plugins all over, so that total have to exceed 16384 I would look over if I really use plugins right. It's not about multiplying one plugin - it's the longest chain in there, how long that will be for delay.

Caine123 wrote: so is fl studio just BAD? or do other DAWs have also those problems?
FL Studio is not just bad...
It´s got a different design and suffers of course from bad decisions of it´s previous creator
But it works well it most cases if you follow the rules... the devs already did a good job for improving the APDC...

The only 2 issues I am aware of, which really has to be solved manually, are:

1. Automation
2. Instruments causing latency (i.e. all which have to be used with fixed buffer size, which on the other hand is the developers fault)

I.e. Ableton has the same problems with automation though...

EDIT: Hosts with nearly perfect APDC should be:
- Reaper
- Studio One
- Cubase
- Sonar
- Bitwig
- ... don´t know more with PDC :-)

Live had MAJOR issues with PDC especially when it came to automation. That's all been fixed now, but for me, the program with the best PDC is Cubase.

Caine123 wrote:im shocked! with recent plugin purchases like from Soundradix, oeksound etc. which sadly bring plugin delay and fl studio not being able to do it seriously i was shocked ?
Did you set the Plugin-Delay-Compensation to automatic? I use many plugins with latency (even in complex routing) and so far FL compensates it with no hassle (given that the plugin reports its latency correct).

Which version are you using? I'm still on 12.3 until they get the latest finished and they said it should work really well from then on.

I'm running FL 12.5 here and automatic PDC is working flawlessly for third party plugins. There are known issues with some of the stock plugins which do not report latency - this is compacted in Patcher which only allows for automatic PDC, thus requiring unit delay plugins to fix. The issue only really lies with Waveshaper and PEQ2 with oversampling engaged.

As far as I am aware (and as Trancit suggested) instrument latency will be fixed soon but the mixer automatically adjusts perfectly - and there is always the manual option if for some reason it doesn't.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unaspected wrote:I'm running FL 12.5 here and automatic PDC is working flawlessly for third party plugins. There are known issues with some of the stock plugins which do not report latency - this is compacted in Patcher which only allows for automatic PDC, thus requiring unit delay plugins to fix. The issue only really lies with Waveshaper and PEQ2 with oversampling engaged.

As far as I am aware (and as Trancit suggested) instrument latency will be fixed soon but the mixer automatically adjusts perfectly - and there is always the manual option if for some reason it doesn't.
It seems as if some of those issues have been addressed in the new FL Studio 20 (12.9 BETA 6).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL7mtyaw5iY

I'm looking forward to it being out of beta. It looks like we might be on our way to a proper comping system too.

Unaspected wrote:I'm looking forward to it being out of beta. It looks like we might be on our way to a proper comping system too.
Its out of beta for a week or so. Release Candidate 4. Alot of PDC issues has been fixed.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”