Your next hardware purchase (non guitar)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RichieWitch wrote:Found a great deal on a DSI Prophet 6. Now my synth arsenal is complete!! :love:

Still spending a lot of time on the road, but if I was back in the studio, would be tempted to pick up a Korg 770 or a classic MS-20 if I could find one all cleaned up and in good condition.

Spotted a Moog Sonic Six in a pawn shop the other day, but it looks pretty beat up.
Prophet 6 is a great synth :tu:
Your synth arsenal complete. Pfff wonder how many times i have said this the last year.
It can never be complete when we have so many synth releases tempting us in all directions. :)

resynthesis wrote:Funny you should say that but I'm just about to order the bits to make something like this:

ive seen that on youtube, looks good for quick reordering of the pedals 8)

whyterabbyt wrote:
vurt wrote:nice!
wish more of my modules only had one in one out.
im sick of needing more patch cables!!!!
Aye, I need to make up a shitload of long ones.
that will only be an issue here if i add another mantis for example...

:scared:
:lol:

DJ Warmonger wrote:I just became happy owner of Make Noise 0-Coast.

Too bad I don't have all necessary cables to connect it :cry:

nice, make noise stuff can be much fun!

now go get those cables dammit!

D-Fusion wrote:
RichieWitch wrote:Found a great deal on a DSI Prophet 6. Now my synth arsenal is complete!! :love:

Still spending a lot of time on the road, but if I was back in the studio, would be tempted to pick up a Korg 770 or a classic MS-20 if I could find one all cleaned up and in good condition.

Spotted a Moog Sonic Six in a pawn shop the other day, but it looks pretty beat up.
Your synth arsenal complete. Pfff wonder how many times i have said this the last year.
It can never be complete when we have so many synth releases tempting us in all directions. :)
Hehe, true, but my goal was to get all the various types of synthesis covered, and an analog poly was the only thing I was missing.

I picked up a Hypersynth Xenophone about six months ago for analog mono duties, since my old BassStation just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Picked up a DX7S last year for FM synth, and built a wavetable synth in Eurorack the year before. Drums on an old Electribe ER-1 pushed through a Fatman tube compressor gets me the sound I want most of the time. And all rounded out with a Korg MS2000R for those lofi 80's sounds.

Anything beyond this would be just to collect. Getting an MS-20 would really be pointless since I have the MS-20 filter circuit in my Eurorack. Still .... wouldn't mind having one. :lol:

vurt wrote:
resynthesis wrote:Funny you should say that but I'm just about to order the bits to make something like this:

ive seen that on youtube, looks good for quick reordering of the pedals 8)
I thought it was the distributor cap from a 1969 Pontiac GTO.

I've got a shot at a BOSS GT-8 for a good price. Hmmmm........ looks in great condition, €120. Depends on whether I want to use fx through my VOX.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

toying with idea of getting another tb303. sold my last one years ago and regretted it. Toyed with the idea of getting a clone but ... nah, need a real one.

For me its looking like a Korg Monologue. First ever hardware synth.

RichieWitch wrote:
D-Fusion wrote:

Hehe, true, but my goal was to get all the various types of synthesis covered, and an analog poly was the only thing I was missing.

I picked up a Hypersynth Xenophone about six months ago for analog mono duties, since my old BassStation just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Picked up a DX7S last year for FM synth, and built a wavetable synth in Eurorack the year before. Drums on an old Electribe ER-1 pushed through a Fatman tube compressor gets me the sound I want most of the time. And all rounded out with a Korg MS2000R for those lofi 80's sounds.

Anything beyond this would be just to collect. Getting an MS-20 would really be pointless since I have the MS-20 filter circuit in my Eurorack. Still .... wouldn't mind having one. :lol:
Sounds like a great setup :tu:

I preordered a Vector Sequencer and expander from Jim at Five12. It's supposed to ship in August.
8 Part MIDI/CV sequencer based on the MonoNote sequencer module in Numerology. I'm pretty stoked.

I'm also considering some Sound Skulptor kits, particularly a pair of the MP573 and EQ573.

nice!

I'm going to check out a BOSS GT-8 in a few minutes. €120. I don't want to spend €400 for the GT-100, and I don't want a GT-10. I just want the FX, not the 'COSM' pre-amps, for my new amp. Like many Roland/Boss products, it is menu intensive, and the manual blows. Anyway, the guy is just a 20 minute U-Bahn ride away. We shall see what we shall see.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

just ordered my second ever audio interface, the behringer umc404hd, after getting some questions answered in a thread I opened here in the hardware section. thanks to whyterabbyt and bertkoor. (sorry if i got the spelling of the names wrong... :D)

It's supposed to arrive on saturday. really looking forward to finally having some more inputs available as well as being able to record at a higher resolution. :)

Bought a Presonus Faderport. Couldn't make it work in my DAW, so it went back to the store.

New PC on the way. Woohoo! Must be 10 years since I last bought one, although I've upgraded the old one with some bits and pieces along the way. I expect a relatively big leap in performance.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”