Guile Point Soundtrack

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Update 26.10.2019

The film is available to view on YouTube ...

https://youtu.be/LzRP1F3hYT4
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I enjoyed all three of these pieces. I felt that they all had a darkish "edge", although I don't know whether that was your intention. Anyway, they sounded good to me. I think my favourite was Creeper. It had an '80s TD vibe that I liked. They all tick the Soundtrack boxes for me.

Good work :)

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed them. The dark edge is intentional ...
Creeper was made almost completely with AQ Poly-Ana.

very nice acoustic sounds and gentle feel in Guile Point.
Creeper had some great ominous tension.

Thanks. Creeper was written for the tense finale (the big showdown) in the movie.

I like the tense mood set by these tunes. The 3 tunes are really quite different from each other. I'd say #2 is probably my favorite of the bunch. I also liked the transition between parts 1 and 2. The drumming on part 1 sounded a bit off to me, specifically it sounded like the drummer was dragging a bit relative to the guitar and vocals.

ecamburn wrote:I like the tense mood set by these tunes. The 3 tunes are really quite different from each other. I'd say #2 is probably my favorite of the bunch. I also liked the transition between parts 1 and 2. The drumming on part 1 sounded a bit off to me, specifically it sounded like the drummer was dragging a bit relative to the guitar and vocals.
thanks for your comments. In part 1 the percussion has sections where it goes backwards here and there. Probably what gives it that slightly out of time feel.

Bumping this to add the SC link ...

https://soundcloud.com/dangerousorange/ ... soundtrack

All comments appreciated ...

:ud:

Again, (just listened to Winter), I thought all three pieces successfully created strong, clear atmospheres. You mentioned a short film they were used for...I'd love to hear them against the visuals as they are definitely cinematic in a low-key way.

Like Winter, I was definitely left wanting more musical growth and development, but I do understand that for soundtrack work less can often be more!

Cheers. The second two tracks were mixed to screen. The video was then re-cut to fit the music exactly ... we left it fairly simple so as not to distract from the visuals.

The film is finally available to view on YouTube ... see OP ^^ :party:

really enjoyed the full film experience :)

some underworld type bits in there 9)
particularly the van/bike chase.
and lovely scenery up that way :love:

everything sounded mixed well, and was not distracting at all, fit perfect to the visuals if you get me :tu:
great work :)
will subscribe to the channel when im back on the phone, not logged in on the computer.

Thanks vurt. I'm really pleased you enjoyed it. You'll probably like Playing Out too ...

We're premiering our new film at Halloween. If you subscribe you should get a reminder. :)

cool! 8)

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:25 pmcool! 8)
I hope you got the link OK ... any more comments anyone? :)

Return to “Music Cafe”