Wave Alchemy Evolution

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys!

Im asking how I could start/sync Evolution sequencer with Ableton. Tried to make midi track with F2 key but no response? It works only when pressing keyboard F2 key.

Has anybody had problems with support on Wave Alchemy's site?
I sent request about 5 days ago but without success.

wave alchemy wrote:
crevice wrote:@wavealchemy If I were to buy this, is there anyway that I can use it with my Ableton Push 2?
Evolution will currently work with Push 2 in the exact same way that any 3rd part plugin does. I.e you can trigger drums with the pads, load Evolution, learn parameters and assign them to Push etc. But we also included an adg Drum rack file that automatically assigns the pads and routes sounds to individual outputs in Live.

However, the 1.1 update, when it is released, will include much more native integration with Push 2, with pre-mapped controls and functions :D

Kind of like what we did in our 'Revolution' 1.1 instrument, if you are familiar with that.
Is there any plan to make it compatible with Push 1? I received a 50% off crossgrade discount and I might get it.

hansba wrote:Hello guys!

Im asking how I could start/sync Evolution sequencer with Ableton. Tried to make midi track with F2 key but no response? It works only when pressing keyboard F2 key.
Hello!

Are you sure that you're drawing in MIDI note F2 into the correct MIDI track that is assigned to Evolution? And can you confirm that you are literally drawing note F2 into that MIDI track?

If it works when pressing F2 on your MIDI keyboard, then it should certainly work when inputting note F2 from the same MIDI track manually - as this is essentially exactly the same thing.

What happens if you arm the MIDI track and record note F2 to the MIDI track from your controller?

Could you please contact us via our web contact form here - https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/contact/

We can then look into this and perhaps pass along some screenshots to ensure you've got things set up correctly :D
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

Ryan99 wrote: Is there any plan to make it compatible with Push 1? I received a 50% off crossgrade discount and I might get it.
Evolution is compatible with Push 1 already in that same way that it is compatible with Push 2. The 1.1 update (which is coming along very well!) will add even more features, and these will work for both Push 1 and Push 2 as well :tu:

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

Steve1974 wrote:Has anybody had problems with support on Wave Alchemy's site?
I sent request about 5 days ago but without success.
Hi Steve,

Can you confirm that this support request has now been answered?

If not, please accept our sincere apologies and if it's not too much trouble, please open a new support e-mail and I will personally get back to you asap!

Our web developer has recently been working on our 'Contact Us' page (updating some code), and we are aware of a small period of time where some support queries were being bounced. All is back to normal now, so please do get back in touch and we'd be happy to help :tu:

boysbeingboys wrote:What's are the biggest differences, aside from the GUI of course, between the sound libraries of Evolution and the Complete Drums pack? I'm assuming Evolution doesn't provide access to the source files like Drums does, right? I'm pretty torn between the two and would love some insight from Wave Alchemy or anyone else who's dealt with these. Both look awesome but I should probably get only one.
Aside from the GUI, sequencer, XY_PAD, browser and all of the layering options, FX and processing tools / parameters, All acoustic sound sources, live snares, layering tools, Foley type sounds, abstract sounds, percussion, transients etc are completely new.

For some of the electronic drums, we handpicked our favourite 4,000 sounds from some previous WA collections (Drum Tools 02) as well as un-released material.

The other 20,000+ sounds are new, and not featured in other products.

I would say it really depends on what you are looking for and your production process. Evolution is my personal favourite of the two products - as it has (in my opinion) much more varied content, and it is super easy to create new and unique sounds by layering acoustic / layering tools and foley type sounds over drums. It is also much more intuitive to use, and includes tons of great presets and starting points :tu:

srcodling wrote:This fixes what is otherwise a really perfect drum machine IMO. Yes, it might sounds weird in SOME cases, but most of the time I keep my drum sounds fairly consistent, as do most other people I know.

The only other requests I'd have would be regarding sounds, such as more acoustic sounds or the ability to load your own wavs.
You are totally correct, although for some users this might prove confusing - if they were to create a kit, save it, make a new one with a different drum channel layout and then switch between the two using the same pattern. I guess as long as we make this super clear in the manual (and in a video), this will clear things up :tu:

We'll certainly be looking at adding expansions for Evolution in the future. We do also love the idea of including even more acoustic sounds. In fact we have hundreds of GB of exceptionally recorded acoustic drum sounds - we are in the process of working out the best way of incorporating these in future projects - along with potentially hundreds of hours of editing and mixing :D

Hows the update coming along? Any date for release yet? Thanks

First of all, I really want to love this instruments and it does sound and function well.

There are however a few major issues with workflow etc:
  • Sample browsing is clunky (no sorting, favorites, search or auditioning)
  • No presets for individual drums (ex kick presets)
  • The interface is quite complex and has a relatively steep learning curve
  • No presets for the sequencer
  • No undo or A/B function
  • A synth layer for subs, tone and noise would have been very useful (but no show stopper)
  • Pads can´t be assigned to any midi note (may be an issue for some)
  • Not possible to copy settings between pads
  • Some people will not like the fact that you can´t import your own samples
  • No reverse function for samples
  • More acoustic sources would have been welcome, ex for toms and cymbals
It´s a great sounding instrument though, and if the workflow issues were addressed it would probably replace most of my other drum tools.

Btw, I posted a review here http://groovetools.blogspot.com/2018/10 ... eview.html

/J
Last edited by mixtur.se on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

However, this system may not work very well for a drum instrument such as Evolution. It would for the 'presets' ( I agree), but a much more detailed tagging system for actual the sounds themselves within a preset may be a bit overkill in our opinion. The reason this works well for the product you mention is that there is quite a small number of sounds (under 100 I believe), whereas Evolution features over 28,000 sounds. A detailed tagging system for such a huge amount of sounds could likely be not very intuitive to use. We kind of have this already on a simpler level - being able to choose a drum type, then a sub bank / style type and finally selecting a drum from that bank of sounds that match. We don't have a favouriting system however, which is something we can definitely look at :)

We do like the idea of mixing and matching drum channels and being able to save / load things independently. We just need to look into this and find a way that works and makes sense for this instrument :tu:[/quote]

The main issue here is workflow and the current system isn't really intuitive. First of all, it should be possible to audition samples by simply navigating with the keyboard (or hover with the mouse). The workflow would have been so much better if I could filter out samples by applying basic filters and then use them in any layer configuration. For instance, imaging being able to find an "acoustic" style "crash" with a "short decay" and quickly audition the search results before loading.

This is what makes me not want to use the instrument as much as I hoped, it just takes too long to build patches (not to mention you can´t save them as individual channel presets).

Any news on a update?

Patiently waiting for update news....... :hyper:
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

I just came here to say how efficient this instrument is. Needed a noise snare, browsed some presets, a bit filtering and tuning.. baam, better than I have anticipated :)

Hope though you implement a favorites system (maybe with tagging) to remember single sounds which sounded nice while scrolling through the long list. And possibly a sorted list would be helpful to fast re-find sounds.

Otherwise I'm very happy.

I'd be more happy if we knew when the update was coming. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”