iLok you out for no reason! A warning.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dasheesh wrote:
twolegstoneworks wrote: EDIT: Just heard from a Mac-guy who also has this issue... so it IS an iLok issue after all... Fire!!!!! :evil:
Ohhhhhhh.... I have a suspicion the windows update borked thier servers like it did my laptop.
I suspect few servers run W10, and even fewer do automatic OS updates.

That was no ordinary update, and they didn’t make everyone sign a new eula for no reason.

For the record, I just signed into xbox 1 and there was new privacy disclosures I had to sign off on. My xbox settings were completely opened up and I had to go block third parties from getting into and out of my xbox as well.

Been launching my host every few minutes over the last couple of hours, no issues at all.
And now, I launch it but it takes ages to load or do anything, just hangs at the plugin scanning screen.
It was so slow, I thought I had maybe coded a CPU killer loop or something.
But nah, Activity Monitor shows 5% CPU total. Hm.

After about 2 minutes waiting time, the iLok window opens up and tells me that my Sonnox EQ (which I use in the project) can't be authorized.

Whatever they've broken this time, it's starting to really get in my way.
This is not copy protection, this is productivity obstruction.
Confucamus.

Teksonik wrote:A Class Action Lawsuit might get some attention but you can't get people here to agree on what synth to buy let alone what course of action to take in a case like this.

Pace will blame Microsoft for the Windows Update, Microsoft won't even respond and the developers who use Pace will sit on their thumbs since there is nothing they can do about either one.

As long as we keep buying plugins that require any form of Pace we have no one to blame but ourselves... :shrug:
Exactly. Which is why I sold off my ilok plugins and let the developers know and others too. Won’t consider anything using it in the future. Still haven’t made up my mind about syncrosoft yet. Don’t have anything with that currently but might get Halion some day (actually I have an unregistered absolute that I’m not sure if I’ll sell or wait for different copy protection).

Ahahahahaha it that time again? Thanks yall for all the heads up bout the f*cked ilok update. Gonna tell the crew license transfers aint a thing this month.

LoL, I re-signed with a certain online plugin store and they sent me a thank you gift... Hybrid 3. Thanks for the Ilok ware. I wasn't going to look at this ish for a dollar, it just wasn't worth it, but now they threw it at me and hit me in the forehead with it. I'm scared to death to go through the rigamarole of trying to install this. It gives me the cold sweats... I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it. I just know I'm going to screw myself in every hole messing with this. Not sure it's even worth free LoL. As soon as I sign up and give all personal info it will be all over the Russian open market, and then I will have to install their malware and spyware on my computer willingly, and then I will have to pray I do everything right and they don't take my computer as payment.

Are their servers working yet? What if I give them my identity and control of my computer so I can install a synth I might not even like and I do it wrong and they lock me out of my computer or worse? I don't know these chucks and I don't want to, and I sure as hell don't trust them.

Haven't wouldn't touch any iLok based product although i do want soothe and the transient thing okesound make but not until iLok is gone.
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

simple fix...avoid Ilok at all cost. sell your ilok plugs and get some plugs that you can use however you feel like.
~Pyrotek45

I was fun of ilok and ilok 2. But since i got really a lot of problems in past year and a half i sold them and my life is better. I only miss Relab plugins.

But these days i use mainly Sonimus, U-he, NI etc. There is so much good stuff which is non ilok thankfully.

Ilok and gobbler are really doing it bad these days. For some they work but for many they don't.

You have to see how CEO of gobbler stepped in at Gearslutz. It was that "hey i am cool ceo and we are listening and we can't see what's a problem?" only to be bombed by army of users with issues. He never returned again. So much about integrity.

Schmidi wrote:Just as an aside, TO DISABLE WINDOWS UPDATE:

- go to start menu
- type " Services "
- find and right click on " Windows Update "
- open " Properties "
- set "Startup Type " to " Disabled "

That does not work...work only for few weeks (for me). IT somehow magically re-enable itself when it decide to do so.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 4acbd3dcff

Dasheesh wrote:LoL, I re-signed with a certain online plugin store and they sent me a thank you gift... Hybrid 3. Thanks for the Ilok ware. I wasn't going to look at this ish for a dollar, it just wasn't worth it, but now they threw it at me and hit me in the forehead with it. I'm scared to death to go through the rigamarole of trying to install this. It gives me the cold sweats... I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it. I just know I'm going to screw myself in every hole messing with this. Not sure it's even worth free LoL. As soon as I sign up and give all personal info it will be all over the Russian open market, and then I will have to install their malware and spyware on my computer willingly, and then I will have to pray I do everything right and they don't take my computer as payment.

Are their servers working yet? What if I give them my identity and control of my computer so I can install a synth I might not even like and I do it wrong and they lock me out of my computer or worse? I don't know these chucks and I don't want to, and I sure as hell don't trust them.
Hybrid is useful enough, but, I'm not sure that I would install iLok just for it. What you can do is just create an account with iLok online, register your serial, and then just leave it in your account without installing it. That does not put your system at risk because nothing is happening on your end. At some point if you have a free machine you can try installing iLok on it to see how you like the process without risking your main machine.

If you do this then you can take advantage of other free deals, e.g., the focusrite deal on R2 or the soundtoys deal on little plate from last year.

I just got screwed over by this. After a Windows Update that took over an hour (wtf) now iLok won't connect. It may or may not be fixed by restarting or reinstalling, haven't tested it yet. Came straight to KVR to complain, haha.

Actually, I'm kind of glad this happened. It lets me test my goal to be iLok free by 2019, if not sooner, by giving me a chance to only use non-iLok plugins.

twitewhite wrote:I just got screwed over by this. After a Windows Update that took over an hour (wtf) now iLok won't connect. It may or may not be fixed by restarting or reinstalling, haven't tested it yet. Came straight to KVR to complain, haha.

Actually, I'm kind of glad this happened. It lets me test my goal to be iLok free by 2019, if not sooner, by giving me a chance to only use non-iLok plugins.
I'm gonna guess you're on Windows 10 because I've never been locked out because of an update on Windows 7.

This is the windows 10 creative update that is causing the issues and yes... its HUGE. I have fast connection and a fast computer and it still took quite a while. I couldn’t help myself... my curiosity was killing me. Everyone raves about how much they like hybrid and it was given free. I did it. Something I told myself I would never do. What I did was make a back up and a restore point before installing. At the first sign of problems I will rip everything out the hard way and restore. I see why folks like hybrid. Very well produced sample oscillators and a good filter too, but its awful small. Why are these things so small?

So far the Ilok license server works AFTER the install. In other words I did the upgrade BEFORE I installed the license server.
Last edited by Dasheesh on Tue May 22, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”