Noiiz, the first online sample platform with unlimited downloads

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

m-ac wrote:Oh, well that's completely different to noiiz and has been around for ages.
I agree it's different but loopcloud has been out less than a year.

Gribs wrote:Yes but you can't delete them from your computer and have them available in the cloud later unless you subscribe. Loopmasters is basically offering cloud storage of sample sets that you buy from them.
Ah ok, I didn't know that. Call me old fashioned, but I would never want to do that :). If I bought some samples, I would keep them in local files and also backed up, on and off site, physically and via means not associated with the sampling company -- so that I already have what I paid for even if that one company changed their policy. But that's beside the point, and just my preference. It's cool they have that option.

Gribs wrote:
m-ac wrote:
Gribs wrote:How are people liking the subscription service and the Noiz app? There appears to be a new push to get more subscribers at the $99 dollar point.

Since its release, Loopmasters has released an app that does not require a subscription.
It's an amazing system, and improving all the time. The sample searching is still easier to do via the website than the plugin, but its getting much better.

What loopmasters app are you referring to?
Loopcloud as mentioned above. It is pretty decent. Noiz has not been around very long, either - maybe a year or so?

I am not a big fan of subscription services outside of my professional life as an optical engineer, but I am warming up to the idea for a few things. I have subscribed to Adobe Illustrator CC for hobby reasons for over a year and found it not too painful.

The thing I like about Loopcloud is that your samples are yours and do not go away if you stop subscribing. You don't have to store your entire library on your laptop or pick and choose what to have stored. It is a different business model.
Like you say though, completely different product so not really an alternative. Loopcloud is just cloud storage with filtering for samples you’ve bought outright from loopmasters. Not a lot of use otherwise!

Funny thing:

They promised their early bird subscribers that there will "definitely never be a price as low as the initial $89 ever again". Now it´s $79.60 with a 60% discount off the $199 regular price.

"Establishing a credible brand 101"-fail...

epiphaneia wrote:Funny thing:

They promised their early bird subscribers that there will "definitely never be a price as low as the initial $89 ever again". Now it´s $79.60 with a 60% discount off the $199 regular price.

Where do you see that price??

Ryan99 wrote:

Where do you see that price??
Twitter. Discount code "OCEAN483", they claim it´s limited to 100 subscribers though, so I don´t know how long this is going to work.

My main turnoff with them is definitely their marketing, eh, for that very reason (that is, repeating the same sense of urgency multiple times, with specific statements that aren't actually kept, and some other more minor stuff, but mainly this).

Including what you wrote, when they recently upped the price to $199, they had a campaign promoting the last chance to buy into it at a permanent $99/yr, literally in big bold letters, "Last chance to lock in at this price" -- and then, come Black Friday, they immediately had a -50% sale, with the same "keep the $99 price for life" disclaimer. Again, "get this incredible deal before it's gone", yada. But but but you just said there would not be another chance to lock in at that price, what the... :D

I know, marketing and business as usual, but it feels so meh when it happens that quickly and that blatantly after a contrary claim was made just a moment ago.

I wrote to them about the code. I would like at least to get the pricing adjust to 60% off at renewal. If not, those early bird claims is total crap.

Ryan99 wrote:I wrote to them about the code. I would like at least to get the pricing adjust to 60% off at renewal. If not, those early bird claims is total crap.
I canceled my subscription and will never buy/subscribe to anything from these guys again (and before their noiiz venture, I bought piles of samplephonics libraries). They can keep my extra $9.40, if they don‘t value loyal long-term customers.

The subscription is 50% off again for Christmas, hurry up! :party: :hihi:

Ryan99 wrote:I wrote to them about the code. I would like at least to get the pricing adjust to 60% off at renewal. If not, those early bird claims is total crap.
They answered me that the 60% off is only for one year, then renewal at 199$. They will adjust my renewal at 60% off, then it will be the actual early bird rate.

They keep promising something big is coming soon, but it's just talk. Nothing big ever happens and I've been waiting for over a year now.

Still.. you can't deny the value in my opinion, no matter what the marketing is. I've downloaded tons of awesome sounds from them and definitely got my 89$ worth for the year. Going to continue for at least the foreseeable future.

The latest pack from Olli is excellent. That alone is worth at least 30 to 50$ in my opinion.. and as I've never owned any Sampleholics sample packs, I now have 10 of them downloaded. Crazy value.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:Still.. you can't deny the value in my opinion, no matter what the marketing is. I've downloaded tons of awesome sounds from them and definitely got my 89$ worth for the year. Going to continue for at least the foreseeable future.

The latest pack from Olli is excellent. That alone is worth at least 30 to 50$ in my opinion.. and as I've never owned any Sampleholics sample packs, I now have 10 of them downloaded. Crazy value.
I totally agree, if you like the type of sounds they release it's a very good deal. I decided to subscribe myself for a music production project I have on the side, and what they offer is really useful to me. I haven't tried their Noiiz player yet, but it looks simple and efficient.

If you subscribe at the 99$ deal, for the price you get a lot of content and you can download the whole pack as a zip file too. Really useful if you like to collect sample libraries like me!

That being said, as a sound developer myself I'm not sure this model is good for the people who produce the packs. The Loopmaster and Sample Magic owners expressed concerns about this business model being detrimental for the sample library business. There is chances it will lower the quality of the sample packs being released. Their argument is that a Netflix type of business for samples can't hardly work on the long run because the audience is too small. They can't rely on a more mainstream audience like movies. Pretty much anyone watches movies, but only a specific type of musician will use sample packs.

For this reason, I find it's a weird move for Samplephonics, especially seeing the leftfield and "fringe" type of libraries they release. I would have understand a company like Producers Loops doing this, because their focus is on mainstream genres of music like EDM and Pop. Funnily, Producers Loops are against this model too. They was recently a heated argument between various developers about this model over a Linkedin article.

Anyways, as it is I find it great and I hope that somehow the model will work. Making it a win/win situation for everyone.

I accidentally forgot to cancel my subscription to Sounds.com, and so I had a month of downloads available. Seemed cool, but then I got an error message "We noticed you've downloaded a lot of loops and samples recently and have put a temporary hold on your account. Please contact us". So I emailed them and they unlocked my account, but it once happened twice in a day and I gave up on it.

So, after all this time, how's this website looking? Because this looks like a far better alternative to Sound.com.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”