Blue Arp and MIDI CC's

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does Blue Arp block CC messages from a controller keyboard?

I have the following set up in Reaper. A vst track with Blue Arp first and then Massive. I have my default MIDI CC map to the 8 control knobs on Massive. I have confirmed they work with Blue Arp removed. If Blue Arp is in the chain, the CC messages don't go through to Massive.

Is there a setting that allows this to work? I'm trying to find a way to set up and arp and send through CC messages.

I also have Kirnu Cream, but I prefer the ease of Blue Arp.

Yeah, BlueARP needs a MIDI through. I proposed that some time ago.

Thanks for confirming they don't pass through.

I guess I'll work with Cream.

I added this feature in BlueARP v2.2.7 - it can be turned on or off.

Sweeeeet.

Thanks for that!

It would also be really cool if BlueArp could send cc from the sequencer. The only way I can think to do this is to set the velocity, and then put a plugin after BlueArp that will convert velocity to cc.

I have a related question about a problem I'm having with BlueArp allowing CC messages thru. When I send any CCs they are being quantised by the current 'Sync' setting - i.e. it's only sending through the CC value once each 'step' so you can't make smooth changes.

I couldn't see any setting that could disable that. Is there any way to get BlueArp to let through MIDI CC data unchanged?

sdp6000 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:58 pm I have a related question about a problem I'm having with BlueArp allowing CC messages thru. When I send any CCs they are being quantised by the current 'Sync' setting - i.e. it's only sending through the CC value once each 'step' so you can't make smooth changes.

I couldn't see any setting that could disable that. Is there any way to get BlueArp to let through MIDI CC data unchanged?
Hmm... could you explain a bit more in detail what exactly you are doing?

sdp6000 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:58 pm I couldn't see any setting that could disable that. Is there any way to get BlueArp to let through MIDI CC data unchanged?
What DAW are you using?

Sorry for the slow reply - I've been away from my PC for a while.

I'm using Reaper (latest version x64, Win10). BlueArp v2.3.9 VST3.

Reaper track contains BlueArp then a soft synth. The channel input is receiving midi notes (to trigger BlueArp) and CC messages (that I want to go thru/bypass BlueArp to control the synth).

It looks like BlueArp is blocking the CC message. I tested it in three scenarios:

1. Blue arp disabled (plugin unchecked/bypassed in Reaper) = CC messages passing through fine
2. Blue arp enabled and playing = a few CC messages get through but only in between notes, no CCs are getting through when BlueArp is playing a note.
3. BlueArp enabled and not playing = no CC messages get through.

'other CC messages' is set to 'pass thru' in the settings and I've tried this with multiple BlueArp default presets (incl. MIDI thru dummy) but no luck.

Solved. I just saw on the main thread that this is a problem with the VST3 version, using VST2 now and thru behaviour is fine.

Yeah. There are some things which don't work in the VST3 version of BlueARP.

Return to “Instruments”