Sitala drum sampler going into alpha, looking for feedback!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Personally I don't use the pitch controls a whole lot. I haven't tried to tune a kick in a long time, so I guess I use them primarily for color. But they're important for both color and tuning for sure.

I do use pitch a lot. One feature i even like very much is when you can change the pitch of the whole kit with a single knob.

Very convenient plugin, nothing to wish except multichannel version.

fairplay wrote:Very convenient plugin, nothing to wish except multichannel version.
How about multi-layering? :D And is it velocity sensitive? Lowpass/Highpass filters? Envelopes for amp/filter/pitch? Yes, multi-channel, multi-timbral version would be great! :tu:

Well, I guess this is just a very simple sampler for quickly messing about with drum samples. Reasamplomatic2000 does it perfectly fine and it's also free... it also has multi-layering and the amp envelope.

This adds nothing to the way Reaper handles a sample when you load it into the project. You can do this in every DAW I know. I don't see any use for it. :shrug:

If this is meant for quickly previewing drum samples, and I can't really see it being useful for anything else, then it should have big previous/next [in the current folder] sample loading arrows somewhere, or an in-place preview browser of some kind.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Hi folks --

One of the most-requested things that people have asked for in the last week is multi-channel output.

We'll either have that in Alpha 3 (the next one) or Alpha 4, but since we don't ourselves use such with the plugins we use, we have a couple questions on what would seem most intuitive in the implementation:

Bus organization:
  • 4 or 8 output busses with each sample assignable to one of them
  • One output channel per pad when in multi-channel mode
Build vs. config:

We see that some vendors (NI, specifically) seem to always use separate plugin names for stereo vs. multichannel VSTs. A handful of other plugins have 4+ outputs, and just default to routing to the stereo mains. A lot of what seems more intuitive seems to vary from DAW to DAW and how they handle multiple outputs. Any preferences on such? Care to share which DAW you're using when stating your preference?

VST 2.4 supports 32 mono outputs. You have 16 sounds... I think the solution is pretty obvious. ;) Have 16 stereo outputs. 1 per sound. That way everybody will be satisfied. Although, 8 stereo outputs should be just fine for everybody, I think. Like this: Bass kick - 1, Snare - 2, Hihats - 3, Toms - 4, Bass kick 2 - 5 or 1, Snare 2 - 6 or 2, and you're left with 2 or 4 outs for percs. This also sounds rather neat IMO. It is not Kontakt or Battery, after all, where you really need that many outputs... ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:VST 2.4 supports 32 mono outputs. You have 16 sounds... I think the solution is pretty obvious. ;) Have 16 stereo outputs. 1 per sound. That way everybody will be satisfied. Although, 8 stereo outputs should be just fine for everybody, I think. Like this: Bass kick - 1, Snare - 2, Hihats - 3, Toms - 4, Bass kick 2 - 5 or 1, Snare 2 - 6 or 2, and you're left with 2 or 4 outs for percs. This also sounds rather neat IMO. It is not Kontakt or Battery, after all, where you really need that many outputs... ;)
This.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Is there an AU version of this yet?

I'm realizing that I don't have a simple tool like this in Logic and it would be nice. :tu:

Local Man wrote:Is there an AU version of this yet?

I'm realizing that I don't have a simple tool like this in Logic and it would be nice. :tu:
+1

Local Man wrote:Is there an AU version of this yet?

We're doing the QA rounds on a new alpha now, hoping to have it out tomorrow. That'll include an AU build.

Quick AU question -- does anyone or anything actually use AudioUnit v3 yet? Does it make sense to ship both v2 and v3 or just v2?

V3... are there any actual plugins out there? seems everything i use in logic X is a v2 AU (and i use mostly 3rd-party plugins)...

It still only installs the standalone version. It's not possible to install the vst version anywhere.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:It still only installs the standalone version. It's not possible to install the vst version anywhere.
The VST was hard-coded to install to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins. With the upcoming release our installer will ask for alternative locations :)
Till then you can move the DLL file manually. Sorry for the inconvenience.

luzifer wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:It still only installs the standalone version. It's not possible to install the vst version anywhere.
The VST was hard-coded to install to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins. With the upcoming release our installer will ask for alternative locations :)
Till then you can move the DLL file manually. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Its not in there for sone reason. :? Well atleast the standalone version works. :wink:

I will wait for the next update.

EDIT:

it seemed that i downloaded the wrong installer. :dog: Works now 8)

Haha! Looking at your signature i think i understand now too :)

Return to “Instruments”