how to connect - recapture midi output as audio?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi, i have a question about which i'm hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction. i currently own a triton Le that i'm using only as a midi controller, or when I feel like playing outside of my DAW. however, I'd also like to be able to use these sounds along with the rest of my vst instruments inside my DAW, and not only have it play in synch at home, but be able to register the final product and export to a .wav file.

I would imagine that this can be done... what I think is needed is to capture the audio out of the triton with my interface, and bring it back into the computer and capture it as an audio source rather than a midi source... but I'm wondering if the whole thing will synch and if there won't be some sort of overlap... how can I capture the output of the triton to treat it as audio, but not at the same time, play it back as midi so i dont hear everything in double?

not sure i'm being super clear, so feel free to ask questions if that helps to understand my issue :-)

thanks in advance for your help!

All it takes to record an external synth is to hook its outputs up to the inputs of your soundcard, and enable a track to record from those inputs.

Generally, if you want to hear what's being played as you record it, use the 'direct monitoring' option on the track.

The fact that you're recording the audio wouldnt actually prevent you from simultaneously capturing the MIDI, by the way.

If you already have MIDI to play, you just send it to a MIDI output which is routed to the external hardware.
When you've recorded the audio, its simple enough to disable or mute the MIDI recording/playback and only use the audio track.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

thanks :-) that actually sounds much simpler than I thought !

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”