What Dobro Resonator library to pick?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have gotten hooked on the sound of Resonator/Dobro guitars. Anybody else into that?

Opinions about 8Dios Dobro vs Indiginus The Resonator ? Or are there more libraries that I have missed?

I've currently dumped my NI Komplete, which means I've also dumped Kontakt. Finding I'm much happier with the extra time I no longer have to waste on keeping it up to date.

However, I have a few of the resonator guitars, including the Indiginus (but not the 8Dios). My favorite though was the one in "Ethnic Voices Instruments 6", even to the point that if I do go back to using Kontakt, that library would be my number one reason for doing so.

I also liked the ones in the old 32 bit SampleTank, but alas, IK-M as a company also turned into more PITA than creativity for me.
Last edited by BBFG# on Sat May 26, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is there a Dobro in the Ethnic Voices 6? I thought is was natives singing.

Sorry, I meant Instruments. I have version 5 of the Voices as well, which I never used because I felt disrespectful doing so. (Largely due to having many friends from those 'ethnic' backgrounds who expressed feelings that they were a bit insulted by it.)

I’m quite happy with Indiginus’ Resonator - I just finished a track using it, in fact - and think it sounds quite nice and is programmed well. I don’t have the 8dio or any other resonator plugin / samples, however, so I can’t offer a useful comparison.

In Session Audio has a Resonator too:

https://insessionaudio.com/products/res ... ngerstyle/
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

BBFG# wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:40 pm I've currently dumped my NI Komplete, which means I've also dumped Kontakt. Finding I'm much happier with the extra time I no longer have to waste on keeping it up to date.

However, I have a few of the resonator guitars, including the Indiginus (but not the 8Dios). My favorite though was the one in "Ethnic Voices Instruments 6", even to the point that if I do go back to using Kontakt, that library would be my number one reason for doing so.

I also liked the ones in the old 32 bit SampleTank, but alas, IK-M as a company also turned into more PITA than creativity for me.
Do you remember the name of the instrument in SampleTank? I see IK released a new Resonator instrument (same as Indiginus), but I'm curious about the older ones you must've been referring to. Thanks!

melodeath wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:41 pm
BBFG# wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:40 pm I've currently dumped my NI Komplete, which means I've also dumped Kontakt. Finding I'm much happier with the extra time I no longer have to waste on keeping it up to date.

Do you remember the name of the instrument in SampleTank? I see IK released a new Resonator instrument (same as Indiginus), but I'm curious about the older ones you must've been referring to. Thanks!
I typed "Dobro" in the search field of ST4 and it found a few from ST2. I have ST3, but I use ST4 CS (free version) and use the ST3 sounds in it.
dobro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”