Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
cyanit
KVRer
 
4 posts since 26 Sep, 2017

Postby cyanit; Sat May 26, 2018 12:21 pm Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

kv331 wrote:BTW my ETA on the final release of v3.0 is June 2018.


Hey, how is it going wich development of v3 :)

No pressure, Im just curious...
User avatar
Niowiad
KVRist
 
175 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Postby Niowiad; Sat May 26, 2018 1:55 pm Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

cyanit wrote:
kv331 wrote:BTW my ETA on the final release of v3.0 is June 2018.


Hey, how is it going wich development of v3 :)

No pressure, Im just curious...

I vaguely remember reading in some other thread that it had actually been postponed to late 2018.
Sorry if this ends up being incorrect. :help:
Examigan
KVRAF
 
4209 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Sat May 26, 2018 2:19 pm Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

Besides any new cool features, I just hope the UI is much better as I know many people want that improved.
zzz00m
KVRian
 
1126 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Sat May 26, 2018 3:51 pm Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

I recall that the biggest planned changes were for the UI and workflow, more layers, full wavetable support, and a wavetable editor.

Now that the wavetable support was ported over from SM One, that leaves the UI & workflow, and the wavetable editor.

Functionally, this synth doesn't really need a lot of new features, but a UI and workflow facelift would be awesome, especially if it includes more visual real-time feedback. It is very powerful, but there is sometimes so much going on that it's difficult to tell at a glance what is affecting what. Any enhancements that provide a dashboard function, or heads up display of important active parameters, would be welcome.

Simplification? Maybe hide elements that are not in use, so long as that doesn't detract too much from the overall view of signal flow. Maybe a switchable edit/perform mode, so that you can see all the little details with edit switched on, otherwise just what you see is what you hear (WYSIWYH).

An oscilloscope would also be an awesome UI enhancement!
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
User avatar
Niowiad
KVRist
 
175 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Postby Niowiad; Sat May 26, 2018 4:55 pm Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

Granular synthesis is supposed to be another pretty big feature for SM3, possibly the main thing I'd like to try out when it'll be released.
soundmodel
KVRian
 
644 posts since 28 May, 2010, from Finland

Postby soundmodel; Sun May 27, 2018 1:40 am Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

I only want higher quality oscillators and filters.

I think SynthMaster sounds a bit plastic compared to the "component-level" models of U-he.

I nowadays mainly use SM for "trancey" stuff and occasionally some light percs.

For basses and main leads the U-he stuff sounds much more full.
zzz00m
KVRian
 
1126 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Sun May 27, 2018 5:37 am Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

soundmodel wrote:I only want higher quality oscillators and filters.

I think SynthMaster sounds a bit plastic compared to the "component-level" models of U-he.

I nowadays mainly use SM for "trancey" stuff and occasionally some light percs.

For basses and main leads the U-he stuff sounds much more full.


You probably should switch to the new ZDF (Zero Delay Feedback) filters available in SynthMaster since 2.8 (Ladder; Diode Ladder; SVF; Bite).

Most of the factory presets were created using the older filter models (Digital; VAnalog).

The 'BigTone Analog Basics' expansion was released following the new filters, and is a good example of the higher quality available now, but in many other cases not taken advantage of until you switch filters yourself.
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
kv331
KVRAF
 
5423 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:21 am Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

Hey guys,

I am sorry that I haven't been around lately, due to our SynthMaster One IOS development! But finally it's out the door, so I am hopefuly back at KVR :D
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers
onerob
KVRist
 
174 posts since 28 Oct, 2014

Postby onerob; Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:44 am Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

Great. One thing I'd like to see in SM3 would be:

1) Completely revamped set of presets.
2) A button available everywhere that lets you disable reverb and delay for the current preset.

Some people probably don't realise how powerful and good-sounding SM 2.9 can be because they browse a few old presets with lots of reverb and delay on them and think "nothing special".
zzz00m
KVRian
 
1126 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:33 am Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

onerob wrote:Great. One thing I'd like to see in SM3 would be:

1) Completely revamped set of presets.

Some people probably don't realise how powerful and good-sounding SM 2.9 can be because they browse a few old presets with lots of reverb and delay on them and think "nothing special".


I think part of that perception may also be that most of the factory presets were created with the original filters "Digital" and "VAnalog", and do not employ the new ZDF filters available since 2.8. The presets were not automatically updated, but the filters are available for use. For one good example of the new filters in use, listen to the expansion "Big Tone Analog Basics". Well done! :tu:

onerob wrote:2) A button available everywhere that lets you disable reverb and delay for the current preset.


I think that a quick FX disable button would be very useful. Sometimes I like to use FX plugin chains or channel strips outside of the synth, and need a quick way to audition SM "dry".

Granted that some preset sounds are designed around the included FX, and disabling them can remove the artistic intent, sometimes things can get muddy with reverb on top of reverb, LOL! An option for this would be cool!
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
User avatar
Niowiad
KVRist
 
175 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Postby Niowiad; Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:59 pm Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

Just glad Bulent is fine, I was almost starting to worry :hihi:
Hope to get some updates on the SynthMaster3 development :oops:
kv331
KVRAF
 
5423 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:59 pm Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

Niowiad wrote:Just glad Bulent is fine, I was almost starting to worry :hihi:
Hope to get some updates on the SynthMaster3 development :oops:


I am fine and also fixed a major issue in our engine while working on the iOS version: Synthmaster One now releases memory for "unused" waveforms/wavetables. I will apply the same patch to SynthMaster as well so that it releases unused "waveforms/waveforms/samples.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers
User avatar
VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRist
 
410 posts since 18 Sep, 2017, from Planet Earth

Postby VELLTONE MUSIC; Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:20 am Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

kv331 wrote:
Niowiad wrote:Just glad Bulent is fine, I was almost starting to worry :hihi:
Hope to get some updates on the SynthMaster3 development :oops:


I am fine and also fixed a major issue in our engine while working on the iOS version: Synthmaster One now releases memory for "unused" waveforms/wavetables. I will apply the same patch to SynthMaster as well so that it releases unused "waveforms/waveforms/samples.


What about 'missing' waveforms in Synthmaster 2.9.6 - presets made with older versions have this issue,if it's discussed elsewhere sorry for the double,but it's pain in the ars and i had to make huge revision of mine - is there a solution or will there be such with next updates.Thanks.
Examigan
KVRAF
 
4209 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:31 am Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

I remember seeing some newer graphics a while back that might be in the works for 3.0. :)

I wonder if they are still going to be using those? It looked very nice from the examples I was able to view.
zzz00m
KVRian
 
1126 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:18 am Re: Synthmaster 3 wish list

zzz00m wrote:
onerob wrote:2) A button available everywhere that lets you disable reverb and delay for the current preset.


I think that a quick FX disable button would be very useful. Sometimes I like to use FX plugin chains or channel strips outside of the synth, and need a quick way to audition SM "dry".

Granted that some preset sounds are designed around the included FX, and disabling them can remove the artistic intent, sometimes things can get muddy with reverb on top of reverb, LOL! An option for this would be cool!


I was just playing around with the FX on/off button in SynthMaster One.

That is exactly what we need here! :tu:
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments